Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC transfer is in blockchain.info but not Multibit  (Read 1012 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:44:39 PM

I withdrew a few BTC from an exchange into my Multibit wallet and the transaction appears on blockchain.info with about 50 confirmations but not in my wallet.  I'd prefer not to publicize my BTC address here.  What could be causing this?
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:54:38 PM

I withdrew a few BTC from an exchange into my Multibit wallet and the transaction appears on blockchain.info with about 50 confirmations but not in my wallet.  I'd prefer not to publicize my BTC address here.  What could be causing this?

I'd request u to confirm the Tx confirmation & your address balance from...

i. helloblock.io
ii. blockexplorer.com
iii. blockr.io

bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:59:39 PM

All 3 of those along with blockchain.info show the final balance including the last deposit of ~2.5BTC but Multibit does not show that final transaction and does not include it in its final balance.
BaalMcKloud

Activity: 910
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:27:37 PM

All 3 of those along with blockchain.info show the final balance including the last deposit of ~2.5BTC but Multibit does not show that final transaction and does not include it in its final balance.

had it too sometimes...

reset the blockchain and let multibit load it again
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:26:28 AM

That worked!  Thank you!
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:56:43 PM

This is probably an issue with the nodes that multibit is connected to.

Try closing and restarting multibit. If that does not work then reset the blockchain (twice if the issue is not resolved the first time).

If this does not work you should export your keys and input them to a blockchain.info wallet then send a TX to a new address in a new wallet in multibit (if you wish to continue using multibit).
Catmoonglow

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:08:27 PM

MultiBit uses SPV and doesn't need the whole blockchain.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:59:57 AM

MultiBit uses SPV and doesn't need the whole blockchain.

If MultiBit did not receive the TX that sent the coins to the address in question then it will not update.

When you reset the blockchain it is suppose to download all of the TX for all of the addresses in that wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: