Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2017, 07:17:10 AM *
News: If the forum does not load normally for you, please send me a traceroute.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Have you bought or mined your first coins in the past 3 months?
Yes, i'm new to bitcoin - 15 (25.4%)
No, More like 6-12 months ago - 44 (74.6%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Daily Speculation Poll] :: Are we seeing a growth spurt?  (Read 884 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:00:12 AM

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:39:38 AM

I started mining about 2 months ago. I have since bought coins with money I sold the original coins for. That doesn't seem to be implied in your poll. You should add an option for I mined my first coins in the last 3 months.
chsados

Activity: 652

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 10:06:24 AM

I first started reading about bitcoin in mid november and bought my first bitcoin in mid december.

It will be interesting to see the results of the poll...I have a feeling there will be more old users than new. We need more of a campaign attitude to get more users.  I think smartphones and the teen demographic could be huge.  

This video was really interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPZv8nOq5o&context=C3edcd0bADOEgsToPDskJtn3widZG0gbI-gVckxzd3
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2282

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 01:12:20 PM

I first started reading about bitcoin in mid november and bought my first bitcoin in mid december.

It will be interesting to see the results of the poll...I have a feeling there will be more old users than new. We need more of a campaign attitude to get more users.  I think smartphones and the teen demographic could be huge.  

This video was really interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPZv8nOq5o&context=C3edcd0bADOEgsToPDskJtn3widZG0gbI-gVckxzd3

David Birch thinks bitcoin is a transaction processing technology and doesn't understand it's also a money.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
chsados

Activity: 652

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:03:46 AM

David Birch thinks bitcoin is a transaction processing technology and doesn't understand it's also a money.

i think his point that people really dont want an anonymous currency is valid. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.