Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:48:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your personal trust level opinion of Bitscalper?  0 = no trust 10 = highest trust.    (Voting closed: February 08, 2012, 05:54:19 AM)
10 - 5 (4.1%)
9 - 2 (1.6%)
8 - 3 (2.5%)
7 - 5 (4.1%)
6 - 7 (5.7%)
5 - 13 (10.7%)
4 - 5 (4.1%)
3 - 7 (5.7%)
2 - 11 (9%)
1 - 14 (11.5%)
0 - 50 (41%)
Total Voters: 121

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitscalper.com Threat Level  (Read 4193 times)
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 03:40:47 PM

my humble 2 cents ... SCAM SCAM SCAM AGAIN AND SCAM. If I'm wrong - where is the source code of the algorithm? (well, at least about how it works ... example ..??) I know how to scalp for a small sum, but it is not possible to do with 500, 1,000, and more ...

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:41:42 PM

I'd just like to mention that I spoke with bitscalper in #bitcoin-otc and publicly offered him 100 BTC for proof that the system was real and I was able to confirm trades made by it on the exchanges.  Not even asking to see the code just proof that its really doing what he says the site does to scalp the market.  He agreed and said he would come back the next day to setup a screen-cast.  

He has since been MIA from IRC, without even an attempted to contact me.

0 - SCAM

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 03:44:58 PM

I'd just like to mention that I spoke with bitscalper in #bitcoin-otc and publicly offered him 100 BTC for proof that the system was real and I was able to confirm trades made by it on the exchanges.  Not even asking to see the code just proof that its really doing what he says the site does to scalp the market.  He agreed and said he would come back the next day to setup a screen-cast.  

He has since been MIA from IRC, without even an attempted to contact me.

0 - SCAM

Exact same experience. The more people I talk to, the dumber I feel. He seems to be playing the same confidence game on everyone.

Alas, we're not talking about him though-- he more or less seems like a very nice guy. Just his business is a giant risk.

Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:15:40 PM

Alas, we're not talking about him though-- he more or less seems like a very nice guy. Just his business is a giant risk.

Hmm, it's not like the business will pack up and leave without Mr Very Nice Guy intervention.

Besides, evasive tactics always point to a corpse in the closet.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 04:16:31 PM

I have a good experience with Bitscalper but it would be nice to see a more transparent business style.

Bitcoin is the future !
stochastic (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 07:50:47 PM

1. I guess I always want to have the option of having an even lower opinion of something.

Actually I'm pretty neutral about it. No trust sums it up, but I think you can go lower than that, into active distrust. There is a difference...

Maybe the scale should be more like:

5: implicit trust.

0: no trust.

-5: It's a scam.

That is a good idea.  It is also easier to visualize.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
stochastic (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 08:43:02 PM

I offered Matthew to eventually verify part of our codebase and waiting for someone from the trusted members pool to contact me. Withdrawals are processing correctly.

It is nice for you to offer that, but I don't personally know who Matthew is either.  You have a communication problem with the community.  When you come out of Beta testing I hope you address people's worries.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 08:58:38 PM

I offered Matthew to eventually verify part of our codebase and waiting for someone from the trusted members pool to contact me. Withdrawals are processing correctly.

It is nice for you to offer that, but I don't personally know who Matthew is either.  You have a communication problem with the community.  When you come out of Beta testing I hope you address people's worries.

Matthew is the head of the DCAO, which most Bitcoin business owners are members of. He is also the editor of Bitcoin Magazine and the main host for BitTalk TV. He is about as trustworthy of a person as you will find in our little community here. It would have been in bitscalpers best interests to be more forward and open with him. There is no Bitcoin mafia and we would just like to prevent another MyBitcoin from happening. Him insulting Matthew and saying he was extorting him is just absolutely stupid.
terrytibbs

Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:03:45 PM

Matthew is the head of the DCAO, which most Bitcoin business owners are members of.
Members of DCAO: Give-or-take 30.
Definition of "most": "The greatest part or number: Most of the town was destroyed. Most of the books were missing."
Businesses listed on the Bitcoin Wiki: More than I can fucking count.

Ba-dum-tish!
bittenbob

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:05:17 PM

Matthew is the head of the DCAO, which most Bitcoin business owners are members of.
Definition of "most": "The greatest part or number: Most of the town was destroyed. Most of the books were missing."

Ba-dum-tish!

Members of DCAO ~ 50

Most of the businesses on the wiki page no longer exist and many of them own multiple businesses.

Can't help but notice you are labelled a scammer.
terrytibbs

Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:09:00 PM

Ba-dum-tish!

Members of DCAO ~ 50

Most of the businesses on the wiki page no longer exist and many of them own multiple businesses.
I will make sure to count all the individual Bitcoin business owners when I get some free time tomorrow, if only to prove you wrong! Kiss

Can't help but notice you are labelled a scammer.
Yes! Arr, how unfortunate!
stochastic (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:17:43 PM

Matthew is the head of the DCAO, which most Bitcoin business owners are members of. He is also the editor of Bitcoin Magazine and the main host for BitTalk TV. He is about as trustworthy of a person as you will find in our little community here. It would have been in bitscalpers best interests to be more forward and open with him. There is no Bitcoin mafia and we would just like to prevent another MyBitcoin from happening. Him insulting Matthew and saying he was extorting him is just absolutely stupid.

I know who he is.  What I meant was, bitscalper showing one person their code does not calm the fears of many people.  I was trying to explain to bitscalper that they need to open up to the rest of the community and make what they do with their client's money clear.  He made it seem like if he offered to show a highly trusted member of the bitcoin community his code then he should be trusted as well.  My reasoning is, biscalper has a lot more to do than that.

bittenbob

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 09:25:13 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 09:38:36 PM by bittenbob

I know who he is.  What I meant was, bitscalper showing one person their code does not calm the fears of many people.  I was trying to explain to bitscalper that they need to open up to the rest of the community and make what they do with their client's money clear.  He made it seem like if he offered to show a highly trusted member of the bitcoin community his code then he should be trusted as well.  My reasoning is, biscalper has a lot more to do than that.

By the sounds of it the code that he did show did not really prove anything. The fact that Matthew does not think he is trustworthy is something to take note of.

I am surprised the when his AutoVPS went down and he had no access to any information that no one took more note of this. There was no backup of the site so if he was unable to recover the data from his service provider then anyone with coins in it would have been SOL. It sounds to me like peoples money could be at serious risk even if he is 100% legitimate (which is highly questionable a this point). It's a variable gold mine to hackers from what I can tell.

There was never any answer to this either:
11:00 AM in Germany, still no answer, nothing. There's no magicaltux on IRC either.

Do you have a recent off-site backup of your site, database, software and data? If so, how about setting up a quick VPS somewhere else under a second domain name? You can use that as a backup server once your current VPS comes back up?
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 10:56:57 PM

^------ This.

Oh-so-many questions and hints never answered by BS..

Ente
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:25:45 AM

^------ This.

Oh-so-many questions and hints never answered by BS..

Ente

There's a growing trend: calling Bitscalper BS Grin

(BFL)^2 < 0
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:30:06 AM

1. I guess I always want to have the option of having an even lower opinion of something.

Actually I'm pretty neutral about it. No trust sums it up, but I think you can go lower than that, into active distrust. There is a difference...

Maybe the scale should be more like:

5: implicit trust.

0: no trust.

-5: It's a scam.

Yep. That's the scale I'll be using in software. Unit of measure will be BTC. Trust = amount of BTC one would loan. Negative trust marks an enemy of the trader (participant who has scammed, attacked or otherwise misbehaved). Needless to say, an unknown person starts very close to zero.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 01:26:59 AM

I know who he is.  What I meant was, bitscalper showing one person their code does not calm the fears of many people.

^^^ This. This is why I felt it was time to bring this public. Fuck me if I'm responsible for letting everyone's money get stolen if I had a chance to do something about it.

Joric

Activity: 67
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 07:51:16 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2012, 08:06:58 AM by Joric

More charting skills. Mostly sub 1%, 0.5% average. January 21-22 - downtime.

1JoricCBkW8C5m7QUZMwoRz9rBCM6ZSy96
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 05:54:52 AM

More charting skills. Mostly sub 1%, 0.5% average. January 21-22 - downtime.

I also received nearly 3 BTC in 1 day. One man's profit is another man's loss. We aren't arguing that he is giving people money, we're arguing where that money is actually coming from and if the site is just a confidence scam. Without a single shred of proof of the site's inner workings (understandable) and the owner insisting on absolute and total anonymity, there is nothing else to argue. It shouldn't be touched with a ten foot pole.

Regex

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 09:41:24 AM

[...]

I am surprised the when his AutoVPS went down and he had no access to any information that no one took more note of this. There was no backup of the site so if he was unable to recover the data from his service provider then anyone with coins in it would have been SOL. It sounds to me like peoples money could be at serious risk even if he is 100% legitimate (which is highly questionable a this point). It's a variable gold mine to hackers from what I can tell.

[...]

This. 100% This. Even if the service itself was legitimate, how could  I trust someone who got no backup in any way of my BTC?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: