Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 01:37:24 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $1000 ASIC miner suggestions?  (Read 750 times)
lionheart2243 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

Hey all,
So I just landed a full-time job and am looking into saving up and buying an ASIC miner that costs in the neighborhood of $1000. Has anyone done the research recently and have any suggestions as to what miner (or miners) I should get for that amount of money? Right now I'm looking at this...
http://zoomhash.com/collections/complete-asic-sets/products/plug-and-play-gridseed-80-chip-blade-miner-5200khs-door-to-door-within-4-business-days-guaranteed

Thanks

edit: Forgot to mention that I'm primarily looking at Scrypt mining, but am open to suggestions. I use clevermining as my pool.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:15:21 PM

Should probably ask in the altcoin section, then.  If you're looking for ROI, then potential Bitcoin miners are not really in the neighborhood of $1k anymore.

Corporate

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

I have to agree with Steve. This is the BitCoin Mining section. Unfortunately with the rising difficulty and rising price, the Bitcoin mining ship has sailed... Leave it to the boys with the big bucks now.

I recommend finding the most profitable AltCoin from AllCoin.com
You should even switch it up, try different ones...

As far as the miner, check ebay and wait out for a great used deal.
That $1000 can get you a way nicer miner than if you bought one new.
Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:15:04 PM

Hey all,
So I just landed a full-time job and am looking into saving up and buying an ASIC miner that costs in the neighborhood of $1000. Has anyone done the research recently and have any suggestions as to what miner (or miners) I should get for that amount of money? Right now I'm looking at this...
http://zoomhash.com/collections/complete-asic-sets/products/plug-and-play-gridseed-80-chip-blade-miner-5200khs-door-to-door-within-4-business-days-guaranteed

Thanks

edit: Forgot to mention that I'm primarily looking at Scrypt mining, but am open to suggestions. I use clevermining as my pool.

Mate you have well and truly missed the boat on mining. And if you did want to get involved you are going to have to invest some serious money in to it.
You could just spend that money on Bitcoins or Litecoins and try trading them up to more coins.
I think it will be more profitable for you.
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:59:48 AM

buy 4 ant miners from miner source or from any of the respected group buy sellers. bitmaintech r good too. i have also bought from sushi. don't let them get you down i only got into mining two months ago and i have roi'd on all my ant miners and now they are dirt cheap so u can get some and still do ok (u won't get rich but at worst u will almost roi). and next winter u don't need to run any  electric heaters.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:07:34 AM

i only got into mining two months ago
aka "an eternity ago, in Bitcoin terms".

2 months ago, the difficulty was 4,250,217,920.  Now, the difficulty is 8,853,416,309.  In ~2 days (probably the fastest you'd be able to get the hardware short of prohibitively expensive overnight shipping - and even then you'd only buy 1 day), the difficulty will jump to ~10,5B.  That's well over twice as high as it was when you got your hardware.

It's a gamble at best.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: