Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple going up again  (Read 1287 times)
lotosminer (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:53:20 AM

There seems to be a pattern, the price went up on Monday - Tuesday in the past 3 weeks, see http://www.ripplecharts.com

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:58:42 AM

I hear there are over a dozen banks in NA and Europe considering to implement Ripple.

I suspect the anticipation grows at the beginning of each week and wanes again when there is no news.
lotosminer (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:22:38 PM

I hear there are over a dozen banks in NA and Europe considering to implement Ripple.

When yet another bank announces Ripple implementation, I'm quite sure the XRP price will rise at least back to ~ 0.02$.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:50:47 PM

An unidentified whale has been selling off massive amounts of XRP (at least 200 million), keeping the price low, and making these spikes even more significant. I am wondering what the price would be in absence of whoever is mass liquidating XRP.

I have seen speculation that the XRP sell off is coming from a founder, Jed specifically, Ripple Labs, or a partner. RL seems to have unofficially implied that they are not involved. Jed could be using his stash to fund his super-secret-bitcoin-project, but despite speculation, I have not seen any firm indication that he has had a falling out with entirety of RL. I doubt the partner angle, as RL has been in incenting partners with XRP forgivable loans, and CrossCoin (loosely associated with RL) is funding startups with XRP. I would guess founder(s), or Bitcoin whale(s) that got into XRP early.

RL is building incredible momentum, between banks evaluating Ripple (12+ unnamed banks, spanning Europe, Canada, and the US)/outright adotion (fidor.de), a startup incubator, a slew of new software projects, increased community outreach, and new hires (including a resource fully allocated to Contracts). At the same time, the community itself is releasing new projects and businesses at an increased rate. Ripple forums are transitioning from idle speculation based on scant details, to in depth discussion of all the newcomers to the ecosystem and announcements. At least 2 payments industry awards have been snagged that I am aware of. And then there is the instance of W3C and St. Louis Federal Reserve members highlighting the potential of the protocol.

I consider XRP to be at least as valuable as Bitcoin, in raw utility and potential. Its ecosystem is much less mature, but growing at an increasingly rapid clip. In saying I consider XRP as valuable as Bitcoin, that is not 1 XRP == 1 Bitcoin, but from a market cap perspective.

(21 million BTC / 100 billion XRP) * (individual value of BTC)

...is the first major milestone I would expect for individual XRP value. I think that would come out close to $0.10, which for me personally makes the current (depressed) price of ~$0.006 an attractive opportunity. I do not recommend anyone invest in XRP, with any expectation RL should be acting as a Bitcoin clone hype team. RL is focused on the protocol, network, attracting partners, and building trust---as opposed to the daily or short term value of XRP.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
lotosminer (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:46:49 PM

Well.. the "whale" will eventually run out of XRPs at some point Smiley

Jonasbarmer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

In my op Ripple is dying now.
It can't compete with other new coins on the market.
So we see a change of the whole cryptos out there.
Only the strongest with huge support will survive this year where nearly every day another new coin comes out.
lotosminer (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:29:37 PM

If banks are implementing it, it doesn't look like it's dying...

hypostatization

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:31:58 PM

In my op Ripple is dying now.
It can't compete with other new coins on the market.
So we see a change of the whole cryptos out there.
Only the strongest with huge support will survive this year where nearly every day another new coin comes out.

Why would Ripple be unable to compete with new coins on the market?

It has a ~1 year lead on alternative next-gen coins/currency systems... almost all of which seem to reproduce features that are either already implemented or planned for Ripple.

Ripple delivers: distributed exchange, cross-currency payment, 5 - 10 seconds for fully cleared transactions, steadily increasing adoption (even a bank: fidor.de), mobile clients, positive mentions from W3C/St. Louis Fed, high market cap, and a well-funded corporation backing the protocol + network...

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
JJqiu1

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:39:37 PM

really?

I went to buy some
alakta

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:48:51 PM

I'm really curious what will happen with Ripple in the long run. (Or long in crypto terms, a few years)
It's anyones game right now, and Ripple has some nice features, but too many people in the community hate the centralized nature of it.
hypostatization

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:55:44 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 04:24:36 PM by hypostatization

I'm really curious what will happen with Ripple in the long run. (Or long in crypto terms, a few years)
It's anyones game right now, and Ripple has some nice features, but too many people in the community hate the centralized nature of it.

Ripple is not centralized.

An inaccurate attack campaign was waged against Ripple when it emerged, leading to a great deal of misunderstanding. As interest in cryptocurrency grows, more and more people are starting to seriously educate themselves about Ripple, and joining in on the building momentum. I myself was misled when I started getting into crypto. Ripple seemed like a doomed scam. I was naive.

I think a more accurate statement would be: a large percentage of the community does not yet understand Ripple.

Edit: true success in cryptocurrency is going to come from adoption beyond the core cryptocurrency speculation/hype community. Ripple Labs has a well thought out strategy.

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:33:10 PM

afaik ripple labs holds tons of ripples - can someone explain me when and in which rate they are distributed?
hypostatization

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:43:26 PM

afaik ripple labs holds tons of ripples - can someone explain me when and in which rate they are distributed?

As of the time of this post, Ripple Labs holds 72 billion XRP, of ~100 billion:

https://www.ripplelabs.com/xrp-distribution/

Link above also covers distribution plans.

Ripple Labs is using XRP forgivable loans to incent partners, similar to the strategy VISA succeeded with in growing out its network. It is a unique approach in the cryptocurrency space---and they have succeeded in landing a bank. As far as smaller players go, there is a startup incubator giving out large sums of XRP for new ventures. Individual investors are able to buy XRP from the built-in distributed exchange system. I currently fit into the last category of XRP holders, but hope to get a business fully focused on Ripple off the ground, and I am considering CrossCoin.

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:28:54 PM

That is so sad.

Stop whining! You wanted adoption, now you'll get it.
Ripple takes the lead now. It will give some other innovative coins a lift.
All the shit coins will fall into oblivion. Next stop DOGE and LTC.
Bitcoin is in question and cornered.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
SaraMine

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

That is so sad.

Stop whining! You wanted adoption, now you'll get it.
Ripple takes the lead now. It will give some other innovative coins a lift.
All the shit coins will fall into oblivion. Next stop DOGE and LTC.
Bitcoin is in question and cornered.

another pump and dump on the way?

antonioserrano72

Activity: 353

Impossible

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:02:55 PM

Considering all the possibilities ripple makes possible along with crypto currencies to me, it's only limited by it's acceptance. If the developers would make it more appealing to a larger audience of people, it would constantly grow.
lotosminer (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:31:59 PM

Considering all the possibilities ripple makes possible along with crypto currencies to me, it's only limited by it's acceptance. If the developers would make it more appealing to a larger audience of people, it would constantly grow.

And it will constantly grow Smiley

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:34:53 PM

it is not really going up, until it return to the peak price and surpass it
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:39:08 PM

Duh, after crashing for months. Ripple isn't an altcoin, and it is a scam Smiley
SnakePlisken

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

I considered investing in them at one time, but the problem as I see it is that there are just too many damn XRPs, of which too many remain in the hands of company. Plus the fact that they themselves equate them to "postage stamps" means that it really isn't a good idea to hold a large amount of them.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: