Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin-Only Reading/Writing Platform Looking For a Few Testers  (Read 392 times)
BitByBitBooks.com (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

Hey All, I'm mostly done building a new reading/writing platform (http://BitByBitBooks.com) that will allow users to write stories online, sell them for bitcoin, and host different events.  It is a bitcoin only market place.  In fact all author royalties will be paid in bitcoin as well.  I have a few more finishing touches to put in place and some features that I'd like to add, but I am at a point where I need both readers and authors to test the site for me.  Some books are free so being a test reader won't cost you anything, well the whole site is free so none of this will cost you anything.

I am hoping that some of you who have a story you'd like to write would be willing to write it on Bit By Bit Books.  Also I'm hoping that you would find a book that you like and give it a read, at least a chapter or two so you can tell me your thoughts about the flow of reading online and downloading.

Anyway, I've worked hard on the site and am really excited, so if you have a minute or two please check it out and let me know your questions and comments.  Thanks in advance for your help! 
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:59:27 PM

Hey All, I'm mostly done building a new reading/writing platform (http://BitByBitBooks.com) that will allow users to write stories online, sell them for bitcoin, and host different events.  It is a bitcoin only market place.  In fact all author royalties will be paid in bitcoin as well.  I have a few more finishing touches to put in place and some features that I'd like to add, but I am at a point where I need both readers and authors to test the site for me.  Some books are free so being a test reader won't cost you anything, well the whole site is free so none of this will cost you anything.

I am hoping that some of you who have a story you'd like to write would be willing to write it on Bit By Bit Books.  Also I'm hoping that you would find a book that you like and give it a read, at least a chapter or two so you can tell me your thoughts about the flow of reading online and downloading.

Anyway, I've worked hard on the site and am really excited, so if you have a minute or two please check it out and let me know your questions and comments.  Thanks in advance for your help! 

The basic problem from what I understand about this business model is, it is highly unlikely that people will pay for something reading on the internet. Rather, if u can tweak it to be supported by ads, probably it'll attract more people... IMO

BitByBitBooks.com (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:27:31 PM

Thanks for checking out the site.  All chapters and books can be downloaded so you can read the books offline.  Thanks for the tip about incorporating ads.
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:57:17 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 10:14:56 AM by Chrithu

Hi. Just had a look at the site. I like the design. Is any form of copy protection or DRM involved? I think it might shy away writers if a person that buys the book can then easily redistribute it through the known channels (torrent, emule). A possible way including Bitcoin but enforcing the site to become dependant on a client-side app would be to encrypt a bought book using the customers bitcoin address and using an app (that basically holds the wallet with the address and priv-key) for decrypting and reading.

Also have you considered adding support for interactive fiction to the site? Have a look at http://storyexplorer.co.uk/ or writer.inklestudios.com for examples of what I talk about.

Other than that kudos for the idea itself. Hope it works out for you.

Edit: Ok I just registered and in the upper left is a link that says "please connect your coinbase account". Does that mean it only works if I have coinbase, which I don't? You should reconsider that and either use bitpay or create the backend for the site to handle the payments yourself. Tying your site to a single exchange/wallet provider as the only payment option seems like a bad idea to me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: