Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:14:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto-switching pool service in MagicPool.org: get the best profitability always  (Read 5666 times)
p4u (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

crypto lover

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:29:03 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 07:23:56 PM by p4u

We have launched a new generation scrypt mining service which I would like to present you.

Magicpool.org automatically mines in the most profitable scrypt auto-switching pool.

Our system is constantly collecting information about the profitability of the current most profitable auto-switching altcoin pools.
Then our internal algorithm selects the best combination and point our stratum servers to it.

We run an intermediate service which ensures your workers always mine in the most profitable pools.
In addition, should any of the pools where we are mining fail (due to a DDOS attack or an internal problem),
our system detects it and immediately changes to the next most profitable working pool.
To prevent excessive switching we base our decision on rounds.

Check our profitability in the stats page: http://magicpool.org/stats.php

Our fee is as low as 0.5% during the beta period. If you begin mining with our 0.5% introductory offer then that will always be your base fee.

You can mine directly with your BTC address as username:
stratum+tcp://mine.magicpool.org:7777 -u BTCAddress -p x

For a single workers with more than 10MH/s, we have opened a dedicated stratum server
stratum+tcp://mine.magicpool.org:6666 -u BTCAddress -p x

Find more information and statistics here http://magicpool.org

We are also (as already published in this forum) offering a free operating system for mine: http://magicpool.org/magicos.php

I hope you enjoy it!

EDIT: Add colors and screenshot. Add second stratum server
aadje93

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:19:25 PM

First review Cheesy

The OS is just in one single word GREAT.

List of features:
  • Based on Ubuntu GNU/Linux free and open software
  • Best Catalyst AMD drivers for Radeon 7950 7970 280x 290x 6950 6990
  • The best software for mining scrypt: sgminer already configured
  • Support of scrypt, scrypt-n and x11!
  • Support for GridSeed 3355 in dual mode
  • Very easy to use! You will find many icons in the desktop to do all you need to do
  • Automatic detection of hardware and configuration (first time it will self-configure and reboot automatically)
  • ReadOnly filesystem, so no filesystem problems when power off suddenly
  • Of course it does NOT need VGA/DVI connected to the GPU for mine!
  • Full filesystem image provided, so it can be directly burned to an USB stick or a hard drive

Requirements:
  • A USB stick or hard drive of, at least 8GB
  • Your miner must support booting from USB (most of the current motherboards do)

It was litterly, writing it to an usb, boot it up. Click "configure miner" press 3 for X11, press 2 for a 79XX/280(x) preset. And then automaticly opens the config window.Save it, exit and config script does its thing.

I was mining in less then 2 minutes after boot. Never had such an easy setup for X11 mining. OS supports scrypt, scrypt N and X11 (which is the reason i downloaded) i highly recommend the OS. Its base on ubuntu which i'm little used to so it looks good, is lightweight and just works good Smiley

so at the end of the day. DOWNLOAD THIS!! Works way better then Bamt/litecoin bamt, PIMP etc. No fancy website but who needs that. Its setup and forget. Now only a option to install P2Pool would be great, But i want p2pool on my windows node running the wallet (darkcoin)

Greets
aadje93

B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:45:24 PM

G'day
I'm Barry & I don't normally do testimonials but I'm a MagicPool user and since I've had such good service there I've dropped in to give 'em a plug. In truth I registered with this forum for that very purpose  Wink

What can I tell you about them as a recent beta-tester?

Well, important things first, I guess - they pay regularly. More to the point their returns so far have been better than the average observed on PoolPicker and that plus their daily auto-pay of all amounts greater than 0.001BTC is probably sufficient reason for most miners to give them a try.

Major plus for novices getting into scrypt or those thinking of a switch to scrypt-n and/or X11 is that MagicPool has a read-to-rock Linux image you can download and burn to USB/disk to get you up and mining in next-to-no time.

I had been trying various drivers and Linux distributions trying to set up the ultimate mining rig for myself, which is how I came to try MagicOS. There are a couple of things new users should be aware of:
  • The developers' first language is Spanish, so naturally the keyboard is set up to facilitate that (easy to change in settings)
  • There are a few typos and clumsy syntax reflecting English as a second language so take that into account
  • Documentation is incomplete:
  • To save killing USB flash drives with repeated write operations the system operates in a RAMDisk
  • To change the read-only drive to read/write there is a script, naturally called "rw"
  • You will need to run this before you change your passwords, then the homesync script to write changes to the drive
  • To return the drive to its normal write-protected state the corresponding script is logically named "ro"
  • openssh-server is pre-installed but not xrdp, so if you want to use remote desktop you will need to switch to read/write mode and install it
  • There are adequate scripts and desktop links to help you get started in a matter of minutes
It's a reasonably pretty installation but most importantly it works.

What else can I tell you? I fell into the opportunity to beta-test this pool-of-pools simply because I had contact with the developers regarding MagicOS and was pointing one rig at their scrypt mining pool. I'm not a big-time miner by any means, I have 4 rigs with 3 GPUs apiece, all of them now hashing on MagicPool.

What experience do I have to make recommendations? Not a lot. I've tried quite a few pools since the beginning of the year but MagicPool offers the best service, profits and even software that I have found.

Is that enough to recommend them? Probably not. You should really give them a try for yourself and see what you think.

And really, what's it cost to point your rigs there for a day or two?

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
nthunder

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 05:30:03 PM

Congratulations p4u, it's a very nice concept!
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:38:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Right now we are mining in NiceHash/CleverMining/CoinShift depending on the daily profitability for each one.
If you have a good pool which offers nice profitability, let me know and I can add it to the system!
However it would need the pool to provide an API to easy check the profitability results if it is not in poolpicker.eu
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:26:08 PM

If it works in nicehash it should also work in magicpool, since we have the same problem with the newer version of cgminer (bug in the extranonce2 size of the stratum protocol). Please, let me know if you test it.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:32:43 PM

How much transparency does this pool have as to earnings? Does it let you know what coins were mined, how much you've earned per day, etc.?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
JHammer

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

How much transparency does this pool have as to earnings? Does it let you know what coins were mined, how much you've earned per day, etc.?

I dont think this pool mines coins..  It sends you to the best profit switching sites to mine there If I understand it correctly..
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

Nope.
Are you sure you have configured the stratum server properly ?

stratum+tcp://mine.magicpool.org:7777 -u BTCAddress -p x

At the bottom of this page you must see the last BTC addresses seen (updated every 10 minutes):
http://www.magicpool.org/stats.php

There is this new one "1B9nsM...." but it seems it is not yours, right?
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:37:57 PM

That is true, it is not actually a pool but a minig service.

About transparency, we try to give the maximum possible, it is one of our main goals.

Here you can see an example of an user statistics:

http://www.magicpool.org/stats.php?btc_address=1KfC5Q1GLxSKm3QdMRqi745QN2nJ7JjsQC&submit_btn=

And you can also know at which pools are we mining in the graph of the same page.

If you think we must provide some other information, please let me know.

Cheers.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

That is true, it is not actually a pool but a minig service.

About transparency, we try to give the maximum possible, it is one of our main goals.

Here you can see an example of an user statistics:

http://www.magicpool.org/stats.php?btc_address=1KfC5Q1GLxSKm3QdMRqi745QN2nJ7JjsQC&submit_btn=

And you can also know at which pools are we mining in the graph of the same page.

If you think we must provide some other information, please let me know.

Cheers.

Aha, I get what it is now. That information is plenty. I didn't realize it was a profit-switching profit-switching pool. This is an interesting concept!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:02:13 AM

Right now 180MH/s and increasing Cheesy

Give it a try! You won't need to care anymore about which is the most profitable pool in the market.
kdfspam

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

How long does the 0.5% Introductory Fee last?
p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

As long as possible Smiley during the time we are able to maintain the required infrastructure with the 0.5%

If we start to require more infrastructure and resources (due a huge hash rate increment, DDOS attacks or some other kind of thing), then probably we will need to increase the fee a bit
However remember that once you mine with the 0.5% it will be your base fee forever.
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:14:15 PM

LOVE it... I've been doing a stupid version of this for a while manually...

Just can't wait to see what the pools you are mining are gonna do to keep the miners from evacuating their pools and joining here... and abuse them like the coins they abuse under them ;-)

r00tdude

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Nice switched my Gridseed cgminer 3.7.2 with nicehash patch to the pool. It works as expected.

Keep up the good work.

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:49:59 PM

I love the idea and l'll give it a try.

But I am wondering...  Huh Aren't we going to pay your 0.5% fee on top of the destination pools fee?

If I understood the concept correctly, you redirect our hashing power to the most profitable pool, but that pools will charge it's normal fee. And on top of that you charge 0.5% for your services, right?

p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:14:59 PM

Yes, that is correct.

We pay the pool's fee whatever it is during the mining process. But the profitability is calculated without taking into account these coins.

The infrastructure have some costs and also the time and all resources we are devoting to this project. So we need to apply some fee. I hope it is ok for you.

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:19:35 PM

Yes, that is correct.

We pay the pool's fee whatever it is during the mining process. But the profitability is calculated without taking into account these coins.

The infrastructure have some costs and also the time and all resources we are devoting to this project. So we need to apply some fee. I hope it is ok for you.

I'm not complaining. I just want to understand exactly how the system works.

I've just redirected 11 MHz to MagicPool. Let's see how it goes Wink

Cheers!

p4u (OP)

crypto lover

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:06:00 PM

Great Smiley
Thanks for your comments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print