Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC MINING is it still profitable  (Read 1456 times)
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:26:59 PM

no and yes. If you don't care about electric than yes, if you do care about electric, possibly yes still.
More than likely no.
Even with no electricity fees, you still have to buy the hardware, buy cooling equipments and time taken to manage it. It would be highly unlikely to ROI.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:30:24 PM

no and yes. If you don't care about electric than yes, if you do care about electric, possibly yes still.
More than likely no.
Even with no electricity fees, you still have to buy the hardware, buy cooling equipments and time taken to manage it. It would be highly unlikely to ROI.

When you're taking it to HVAC level then you're in the bloody red, forget unlikely to ROI.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:16:14 PM

More than likely no.

+1.

If difficulty is going to keep on increasing at current rate, I don't think any bitcoin ASICs could bring you profit even with free electricity.
Yogen

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:30:52 PM

I am new to BTCforum but my bro is hero member here.. He said BTC mining is always profitable if you own a Petahash ASIC farms  Grin
HashBTC

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:48:23 PM

Profit completely depends on GH/S / $ - electricity consumption

fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:58:42 PM

Profit completely depends on GH/S / $ - electricity consumption

Most are leaving the mining game due to those reasons.

So if you have dirt cheap or practically free electricity, rock on. But if your in a position like me in california, its very hard to do this, and the only options is to assume the btc will sky rocket like we saw $1,000.

And make up the difference in the electricity used to mine.

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:09:46 PM

if you have the latest and greatest mining hardware, sure it can be still profitable, but other than that, don't even consider it
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:04:02 AM

So realistically if you want to be able to mine for large amounts of bitcoin you both have a ton of cash to drop on mining gear, and you REALLY believe that they're going to take off - otherwise you are NEVER getting a ROI. (BTC current value is hovering under $1000 for any that are curious...and here are some miners at current cost, granted you can do a bit better off amazon more than likely:
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:24:05 AM

The only people who are profitably mining coins right now are the BFL guys.  Grin They are using the customer mining rigs to mine the coins. Everyone else is mining at a loss.
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:05:47 AM

More than likely no.

pretty much this and whether if you have a lot of money to invest.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:00:55 PM

you could invest in mining alt coins and then trade for bitcoins. I think this is still profitable. To mine bitcoins directly is very challenging, you need a lot of investment.

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:12:57 AM

IMO profitability is quite misleading, because it's connected to actual price. So it's helpful for miners who promptly sell everything, but useless for those who want to keep their BTC.

imagine: btc price skyrockets again, but now to 30 000 USD ... so was my mining profitable then? I think ye it was.
but it works also opp way.

So depends on you. Do you believe that price go up? Then buy mining rig. Otherwise don't.

This is good advice in the sense that mining is just another way to speculate on bitcoin's price.  At the then current price bitcoin mining was almost never profitable, it was only in time as the coin increased in value that it turned out to be.  So a good way to think about it is do you want to speculate by mining or just by buying bitcoins?

You can always use something like Bitminter to goof around with mining and see how it works.  Mining altcoins can also be fun.

Good Luck!
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:32:45 AM

Go for GPU and ASIC resistance Alt coins. They can make more profit, do be careful as there are some which are pump and dump coin.

The problem with cpu coins are that they are mostly botnet. So your profit is only for the first few weeks or days...

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:35:27 AM

Go for GPU and ASIC resistance Alt coins. They can make more profit, do be careful as there are some which are pump and dump coin.

The problem with cpu coins are that they are mostly botnet. So your profit is only for the first few weeks or days...

We could say the same thing about others. As soon as a GPU coin comes out and hits a decent profit, tens of thousands of GPUs swap over and kill it. The only way to make money on a new release is to be one of the first to mine it and know when to let it go.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ShameOnYou

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:24:51 AM

For casual miners? Pretty marginal at best. Unless you want to put in lots of money and run a big farm of rigs, I wouldn't get into mining at this point. But if you think you can succeed at speculation, Im sure there are good opportunities to mine new coins and unload them for BTC at very good profit (vs electricity for mining). But I dont know too much about it and am not a miner.
agoraadnim

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:52:44 AM

I would not invest in it. Its a dying market and dying VERY fast. The difficulty is skyrocketing currently, with cloud mining alone the price of GH/s on PBmining has almost halved since I bought mine a month ago. Surprisingly, Cex.io's prices have gone up since then..

❂❂❂How I make a living with Bitcoins
Free Bitcoin Methods
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:57:11 AM

I would not invest in it. Its a dying market and dying VERY fast. The difficulty is skyrocketing currently, with cloud mining alone the price of GH/s on PBmining has almost halved since I bought mine a month ago. Surprisingly, Cex.io's prices have gone up since then..

cex.io has always been a bit odd. When they first came out, I watched the prices of the contracts go up even though difficulty jumped 3x and they already weren't ever going to reach ROI. It's like a site for people who have no idea what they are doing or something.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:35:13 AM

it really depends on your electricity costs, the taxes on getting hardware, and other fixed costs

in long run, depends too how popular btc will get, because bitcoin reward per clock will be halved from time to time(you will get less btc with same computational efford)

won't matter at all. the increased difficulty will not allow you to ROI on a small time investment any time soon

large investments only allow for re-investing.

If you make $40 per day and 5 days later you make $28 per day, you are going to be looking at a long road for ROI. The difference with large investments is they make enough to add to the overall hash and continue to earn an ~averaged~ same profit at the expense of more power. If they don't reinvest then their overall ROI will take very long too

It's not really profitable unless you invest a helluva lot of money on equipment, so it's generally considered out of reach for newbs. If you want to try mining try out a new altcoin to get a understanding of the whole process.

agreed!

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: