Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LAUNCH CANCELLED]  (Read 10638 times)
coinfusion

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:55:34 AM

Things seem to be a bit strange, plus the thread subject is still [PRE-ANN]. Maybe a relaunch would be a good idea?
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:57:07 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 05:08:46 AM by jasemoney

seems my hash rate is .4   im using 8% of my cpu only...  though its filled (mullicking?) 8 scratchpads with 208MB = 1.6 GB ram usage just to run the wallet..  I trued setgenerate true -1   and then  config gen=1 nothing raises it to a higher cpu usage.  Also yeah the ddos thing is bothersome whether its ture (logic is sound) or false (god thats a slow sync)
*edit blockchain just jumped forward by like 50 blocks fwiw)
** edit edit, also getmininginfo only works sometimes?)Nvm just slow

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
o3u

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:10:01 AM

Things seem to be a bit strange, plus the thread subject is still [PRE-ANN]. Maybe a relaunch would be a good idea?

Please no relaunch, this would be unfair for those of us who did things right the first time.

edit: this is the first coin that was like one of the earlier alt's in the way it launched: no massive inflow of instaminers, due to the complicated setup and complex setup for mining the coin, this is excellent.... but with a relaunch, all the troll n00bs are going to instamine it and just dump it like the shitcoins they've been used to.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:16:27 AM

Hello sunny,

You do realize what is going on here right? I've been trying to mine this for a few hours and have put a few things together. Consider:

1) I can't connect to the node you posted. Whenever I do connect, I immediately get disconnected. Ok, maybe there are too many connections (wow, very popular coin!)
2) primer- posts a "super node", 144.76.139.178:21316. I add it to my node list and the daemon immediately starts downloading blocks. Looks like his node is great!
3) Yet, if there are so many connections (CogPrimus posted that he had 997 peers), where are all the peers? I am only connected to the "super node" and maybe sometimes one other node.
4) Yet here are a bunch of us posting hashrates and clearly mining.
Conclusion: primer-'s super node is not well-behaved: it isn't giving us each other's peer info.

Further:

5) All of us are complaining about stale blocks. I've generated 5 or 6 blocks yet each one except the first has been a stale block.
6) Yet the blocks aren't being generated *that* quickly. Only one every 10-40 seconds. Someone is putting a lot of computing power here, which is fine, that is how PoW works, but the hash power isn't as if 997 separate parties were immediately interested in the coin! It is extremely unlikely that the stale would all be naturally orphaned.
7) Also, every once in awhile I get a burst of 5-6 blocks all at once.
Cool Keep that in mind and take into account that just about everyone is connected to that "super node" only ("144.76.139.178:21316")

Conclusion? Someone is DOSing ShinyCoin!

Step 1: Flood the legitimate seed node with thousands of connections so that nobody can connect to it.
Step 2: Post a helpful "super node" for everybody to connect to.
Step 3: Don't advertise peers from the super node.
Step 4: When anyone sends you a block they mine, discard it.
Step 5: When you mine a block, send it to the seed node and propagate it to the network.
Step 5b: If someone mines a few blocks in a row, keep mining until you have enough ready to overpower them, then propagate yours all at once.
Result: You are the only one generating any coins!

At some point you can then stop DOSing the seed node, the network carries on, and you have a nice few hundred thousand shiny coins to play with if anything comes of the alt coin.

I strongly recommend addressing this by re-launching the coin, with multiple nodes, and a way to protect against this kind of attack.

Cheers

You know how you protect against this kind of attack?
You release a god damn windows version at launch and pretend you know anything about doing business in a mature and professional manner.
Also, don't hard code seeds in maybe?

We can only assume not releasing a windows binary on launch is equivalent to instamining your own coin. Theres no other explanation for not taking the time to create windows/mac versions other than wanting to reduce the amount of competition on launch.
We know this because anyone with half a brain can see that in order for their coin to succeed and thrive it must be presented in a fair and legitimate fashion.
Releasing your currency in a way that only (i'm just going to guess) 10-20% of the market can access it and telling the rest that they are on their own is a ridiculous way to present something non-trivial.

So by using common sense we can see that the developer is not interested in creating a lasting product, but ensuring that he gets paid.
The sad thing is that if he wanted to take a premine no one would have cared if he took 1%.
Maybe he just wanted more than 1%? Who knows  Undecided
Diskylili

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:17:06 AM

{
"blocks" : 960,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000018,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkghps" : 0.00000003,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

What happen
When  I  Set
setgenerate true -1
And the wallet be dead...
o3u

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:18:46 AM

Hello sunny,

You do realize what is going on here right? I've been trying to mine this for a few hours and have put a few things together. Consider:

1) I can't connect to the node you posted. Whenever I do connect, I immediately get disconnected. Ok, maybe there are too many connections (wow, very popular coin!)
2) primer- posts a "super node", 144.76.139.178:21316. I add it to my node list and the daemon immediately starts downloading blocks. Looks like his node is great!
3) Yet, if there are so many connections (CogPrimus posted that he had 997 peers), where are all the peers? I am only connected to the "super node" and maybe sometimes one other node.
Conclusion: primer-'s super node is not well-behaved: it isn't giving us each other's peer info.

Further:

5) All of us are complaining about stale blocks. I've generated 5 or 6 blocks yet each one except the first has been a stale block.
6) Yet the blocks aren't being generated *that* quickly. Only one every 10-40 seconds. Someone is putting a lot of computing power here, which is fine, that is how PoW works, but the hash power isn't as if 997 separate parties were immediately interested in the coin! It is extremely unlikely that the stale would all be naturally orphaned.
Cool Keep that in mind and take into account that just about everyone is connected to that "super node" only ("144.76.139.178:21316")

Step 1: Flood the legitimate seed node with thousands of connections so that nobody can connect to it.
Step 5: When you mine a block, send it to the seed node and propagate it to the network.
Step 5b: If someone mines a few blocks in a row, keep mining until you have enough ready to overpower them, then propagate yours all at once.

At some point you can then stop DOSing the seed node, the network carries on, and you have a nice few hundred thousand shiny coins to play with if anything comes of the alt coin.

I strongly recommend addressing this by re-launching the coin, with multiple nodes, and a way to protect against this kind of attack.

Cheers

You release a god damn windows version at launch and pretend you know anything about doing business in a mature and professional manner.

We can only assume not releasing a windows binary on launch is equivalent to instamining your own coin. Theres no other explanation for not taking the time to create windows/mac versions other than wanting to reduce the amount of competition on launch.
We know this because anyone with half a brain can see that in order for their coin to succeed and thrive it must be presented in a fair and legitimate fashion.
Releasing your currency in a way that only (i'm just going to guess) 10-20% of the market can access it and telling the rest that they are on their own is a ridiculous way to present something non-trivial.

So by using common sense we can see that the developer is not interested in creating a lasting product, but ensuring that he gets paid.
The sad thing is that if he wanted to take a premine no one would have cared if he took 1%.

Not releasing a windows binary at launch makes this coin n00btard proof. That's excellent. N00btards have been pumping and dumping coins for the past 6 months and it's a pain.
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 05:25:21 AM

Launch seemed fine to me...

The wallet was provided approximately when the dev said it would be and compiled fine. Granted, there were some connection issues for a little while, but it's not like that helped any one person take advantage of everyone else. We were all dealing with it.

I threw some instances at it, and I'm only sitting on 400 SHC right now. No need for a relaunch, just keep mining. This thing is 5 hours old...

TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:27:25 AM

Hello sunny,

Further:

Cheers

Not releasing a windows binary at launch makes this coin n00btard proof. That's excellent. N00btards have been pumping and dumping coins for the past 6 months and it's a pain.

Riiiight, because anyone using linux or that can assemble all the crap dependencies to compile a wallet would NEVER, EVER.... EVVERRR sell any cryptocoins.... EVER!!

The only noobtard here sir, is you. What an ignorant and presumptious comment to make.

I won't even point out the fallacy that if you have more people mining a currency, the difficulty is higher, each person gets less of those coins and so those coins are worth more.

Right now you are just centralizing the coins in the hands of a select few, which means each person got more coins for less work, which means they are worth less to that person, which means they will dump more of them for less.

But I wouldn't point that out, because that would make you look and feel stupid.  Roll Eyes
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 05:31:21 AM

Riiiight, because anyone using linux or that can assemble all the crap dependencies to compile a wallet would NEVER, EVER.... EVVERRR sell any cryptocoins.... EVER!!

The only noobtard here sir, is you. What an ignorant and presumptious comment to make.

I won't even point out the fallacy that if you have more people mining a currency, the difficulty is higher, each person gets less of those coins and so those coins are worth more.

Right now you are just centralizing the coins in the hands of a select few, which means each person got more coins for less work, which means they are worth less to that person, which means they will dump more of them for less.

But I wouldn't point that out, because that would make you look and feel stupid.  Roll Eyes

We're 1000 blocks in...you guys are seriously worried about a COMPLETELY CENTRALIZED CURRENCY after 5 hours of mining?

o3u

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:47:05 AM

We're 1000 blocks in...you guys are seriously worried about a COMPLETELY CENTRALIZED CURRENCY after 5 hours of mining?

what is it you want?
stop whining... you need a windows wallet?

i'll compile one for you, 1 BTC.
you can use escrow.

just stop whining, start mining, and leave this coin be the way it was.

getfreebtc

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:59:34 AM

Posted:
May 20, 2014, 04:31:05 PM
ShinyCoin will launch in a few hours.
launch in a few hours ?
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:30:14 AM

Still no windows wallet   Huh

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:35:36 AM

Hello sunny,

Further:

Cheers

they are also the one who buy your shitty dump wall, without them this whole section would be dead, long time ago
sunnyprince (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Shinycoin developer

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:15:45 AM

I am glad the few people who posted about the ideas appreciated them.  Thank you to all the people that sent logo ideas and provided complete binaries.  Your work is much appreciated.  Here is ShinyCoin's new logo thanks for flubber:

I only care about the ideas and distributing the coin that uses them fairly.  Based on what happened it's safe to say the distribution was nowhere near fair.  Within a few minutes of launch, the seed node already had 125 connections (the max cap).  This is why nobody could connect to it.  Most of the connections are from very similar a.b.?.? IPs.  The fact that the seed has so many peers, but everybody else has only one or two, makes it clear that there was an attack.  It has splintered the network and is the cause of all the stale blocks everyone has been getting.

The initial difficulty I chose was too low, and PeerCoin's dificulty adjustment algorithm did not adjust fast enough.  There should be a block every 2.5 minutes or so, not every ten seconds.  All this means one or a few people have been getting a bigger part of the initial distribution than they should be.  Plus it is true that without a windows wallet, many interested people could not mine the coin.  I don't have much time nowadays but the windows wallet is more important than I thought.  The innovations were my prime consideration, but this all goes hand in hand I suppose.

I also find it insulting to see posts about my alleged pseudo-premine, that I launched without binaries to corner the market or something.  The more people interested, the more value those coins will be, and I'll be satisfied if the coin is used.

I consider this launch a failure.  I implore everyone to stop mining instantly as a criminal now holds more than 70% of the 100.000+ newly minted coins.  I will not support this coin, certainly nobody else will.  The coin will relaunch soon enough with all of this taken into consideration and protected against.  I will not let a small group of people illegitimately profit from my innovations.  primer-, you and your kind are the ones that ruin the altcoin community.  I apologise to the legitimate miners that joined the coin early, but I caught the ploy quickly and stopped the thievery as soon as I could.

Expect an exact relaunch date and time announcement in a few days when I know better what my schedule will be like.

Sunny Prince
Wolffish

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:56:16 AM

Thanks!
This was the only right thing to do!

Good luck with relaunch!
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:58:02 AM

What Huh No, we are not relaunching! Developer hoped for an instamine and got nothing.

WOW what a joke of a developer. A fucking joke! Calling someone a criminal for holding 100k coins ?

Keep mining people, we will find a new dev.
Selena-Gomez

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:06:44 AM

I believe the coin will succeed and make an enormous influence.
Might cause a revolution of cryptocurrencies?!
So let's see what will happen.
I am enjoying it!
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:09:15 AM

DEVELOPER IS REQUESTING A RELAUNCH DUE TO THE FACK THAT SOMEONE OTHER THAN HIM GOT THE MOST COINS AT LAUNCH - IGNORE THE RELAUNCH ANN AND KEEP MINING.

Would also like to point out that i was the first to set up a proper node and post it here so others could sync and mine.

I am personally placing a bounty for a new reputable dev : 10,000 ShinyCoins
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:19:35 AM

the source is not even in the op, what fucking fail launch, unbelievable
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:23:23 AM

the source is not even in the op, what fucking fail launch, unbelievable

I've got the source code but not the github acc. Someone with a github acc put it up please. Lets not let this high school dropout ruing the coin. He has showed incompetence since the first hour of the pre-ann.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: