Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fee  (Read 1878 times)
roeylee (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:40:24 PM

What Android app allows no fee transactions?
Is it risky? 
hotsaucee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:53:28 PM

Everything uses a fee, but if you are with android check out blockchains app.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:56:03 PM

Is it risky? 

Pay the miner 5 cents or wait days for your transaction to process.

roeylee (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

If I send a tiny amount with no fee, will it be lost? I don't mind to wait days, but can the transaction be ignored?
validium

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:07:12 PM

If I send a tiny amount with no fee, will it be lost? I don't mind to wait days, but can the transaction be ignored?
No it wont get lost, but will take ages to get to the receiver address.

roeylee (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:03:20 PM

Would the receiver get any notification/confirmation at starts? I understand that the final confirmation would take days but would there be any preliminary notification/confirmation?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:18:49 PM

paying fee is good
your transaction would go up to hours instead up to 24 hours or even more
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:27:13 PM

It is possible, though unlikely, that your transaction will never be included in a block. Payment of fees is voluntary, but so is including your Tx. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
roeylee (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:39:27 PM

It is possible, though unlikely, that your transaction will never be included in a block. Payment of fees is voluntary, but so is including your Tx. 

Could such "unincluded in a block" transaction, be deducted from the payer wallet while not shown in the payee wallet? Meaning that funds would be lost in a "black hole"?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:20:42 PM

Could such "unincluded in a block" transaction, be deducted from the payer wallet while not shown in the payee wallet? Meaning that funds would be lost in a "black hole"?

If your wallet keeps re-broadcasting the transaction, then it's a pain in the ass to get your money out of this semi-black hole. If not, then it should be returned to you in a few days.
I mean, seriously, just add the fee, it's 0.0001. 5 cents.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:24:30 PM

If your wallet keeps re-broadcasting the transaction, then it's a pain in the ass to get your money out of this semi-black hole. If not, then it should be returned to you in a few days.
I mean, seriously, just add the fee, it's 0.0001. 5 cents.
This. It is a hassle to undo an abandon transaction. Way more trouble than $0.05.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

Is it risky? 

I've sent transactions before with 0 fee and still had them there within an hour. You just have to make sure the amount you're sending is 0.01 BTC or more and that the transaction size is under 10 KB.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
byt411

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:31:17 PM

Is it risky? 

I've sent transactions before with 0 fee and still had them there within an hour. You just have to make sure the amount you're sending is 0.01 BTC or more and that the transaction size is under 10 KB.

He's a newbie, and he won't be able to calculate tx size before sending it.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:35:46 PM

Is it risky? 

You really don't have to though. I think it's around 75 inputs + 1 output (just to be safe). So if you're always getting inputs of 1 mBTC, you should be able to send 0.075 BTC in one transaction before hitting that cap. It's of course a bit deeper than this, but you should be safe with that.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
byt411

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:38:40 PM

Is it risky? 

You really don't have to though. I think it's around 75 inputs + 1 output (just to be safe). So if you're always getting inputs of 1 mBTC, you should be able to send 0.075 BTC in one transaction before hitting that cap. It's of course a bit deeper than this, but you should be safe with that.

He probably has no idea as to what inputs and outputs are anyway. Also, don't forget the change, so it won't be 1 output.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:43:47 PM

Is it risky? 

He probably has no idea as to what inputs and outputs are anyway. Also, don't forget the change, so it won't be 1 output.

True. A better idea then: Coinbase! No worrying about fees since they pay for them, :p.

byt411

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:49:46 PM

Is it risky? 

True. A better idea then: Coinbase! No worrying about fees since they pay for them, :p.

Not that safe, it's still an web-based wallet. I recommend people to not use web-based wallets.
P.S: Nice post count that we're racking up.
roeylee (OP)

View Profile
⇾ Re: Fee
May 20, 2014, 08:53:13 PM

So Bitcoin is not suitable for micropayments?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:56:43 PM

Is it risky? 

Not that safe, it's still an web-based wallet. I recommend people to not use web-based wallets.

For absolute newbies, I think web wallets are safer than self-hosted (as many people have viruses and don't know, or don't know how to back up their stuff). Both are going to have their risks, of course, but web wallets are more easily used.

byt411

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

Is it risky? 

For absolute newbies, I think web wallets are safer than self-hosted (as many people have viruses and don't know, or don't know how to back up their stuff). Both are going to have their risks, of course, but web wallets are more easily used.

Then you should only use blockchain.info, since you are in control of your private keys.

So Bitcoin is not suitable for micropayments?

Bitcoin IS suitable for micropayments. But if you mean micropayments as in a tenth of a cent, then no, since no one needs that.
If you pay 1 US Dollar to someone in Australia, he/she would receive like $0.60. If you use Bitcoin, he/she receives $0.96. Electronic Fiat is even worse for micropayments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: