Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: safdh  (Read 7953 times)
Anonymous

July 29, 2010, 02:04:17 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 05:02:25 PM by davidonpda

adg
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knightmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2010, 03:17:55 PM

Wondering if anyone else gets this? I have a P4 machine... sometimes I generate blocks with it. Other times it's shut off.

When I it on, load bitcoin, there may be 500-1000 blocks that it needs to download. This issue has happened since version 2.0 and still happens with 3.3

I start getting connections. Maxes out at 8, and I don't start downloading blocks anywhere from one minute to 30 minutes. Once it starts downloading, it usually gets them all. But sometimes it sticks at some point in the middle. Stops for 2 to 10 minutes before downloading the rest of them.

I noticed this on another computer when it shut down accidentally. Turned it back on, and it took a solid 15 minutes after getting 8 connections to start downloading blocks. No windows defender or anything going on.

Has anyone else seen this?
The longest I've seen on a windows client was under a 1 minute to start updating blocks. The latest client downloads about 500 at a time before verifying and moving on to the next 500 batch.

I have to agree, 15 minutes of waiting does seem a bit excessive, especially since 8 connections is just the max, not usually the requirement for it to work. It's possible the clients it was connected to were slow or were having issues and you had to wait until your computer moved to other clients that weren't so slow.

Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
xcikni

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2010, 07:45:39 AM

I've seen this when connectin a notebook to the network after a day offline. According to the log it's adding addresses via AddAddress(). It takes like 5-10 minutes to stabilize and start downloading blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: