Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SC] Why Crypto's road is paved with SILK  (Read 2673 times)
Quantum12 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:54:14 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 09:00:11 PM by Quantum12

Ten days ago a phenomenon quietly launched.....

THREAD - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.0

SITE - www.silk-coin.com

Welcome all to Silkcoin! the next step in crypto currency, rumor has it that when Silkcoin launched, Doge started whimpering, Litecoin went Dark and feathercoin suddenly felt very heavy.

Many integrated features and hard working Devs have made this beautiful spectacle what it is today. People are always posting .. OMG another **** coin , what about new features? what do you bring to the crypto table that is different? Why release yet ANOTHER coin?!?!?! Continue reading below and I will attempt to explain why..

Well i put it to you ladies and gentlemen that Silkcoin IS Different. (pls note the animated gif is pre market data and this was addressed in update 2 and 3 as shown in screenshots below)

Higher Quality DEMO .gif - http://www.silk-coin.com/camel.gif

Silkcoin specs...

There will be 3 phases of distribution, a week (10 000 blocks) of POW/POS followed by a full month of pure POS; Then when Silkcoin gained some popularity a last phase of POW/POS similar to the first one will happen, helping distributing silkcoins to the maximum number of people before full POS stage. The fixed interest rate is 2% and coin start earning coin-age after 12 hours.

Presently Silkcoin is in 2nd stage (pure POS) But Sc payout is still an option via

https://hashco.ws/

I have a 6870 and manage to get 100-150 coins a day via Hashco

3rd stage will start in about 3 weeks which will be POS and POW giving the chance for people who missed the first POW phase to still get into the coin before it settles into its final POS stage.
So even if you missed launch, Prime your miners and blow the dust outta those heatsinks! you will get another chance to mine!

At first their was scepticism , SCRYPT they all yelled ! this is not fair people can rent farms , people have asics! but lets be honest I can go to Betarigs tommorow and pay for a beast of a farm be it Scrypt, X11 or any other of the new and innovative Algo's

The first thing that struck me about Silkcoin was that most new alt coins promise the earth, Pls mine with us we have pools, we have intergrated features that are 99% working , Silkcoin However had a lot of these features at launch .. not coming soon.. not being worked on, but present and correct... at launch! as you can see from the demo above..

Of all the Alt coins i have encountered in my travels SILKCOIN is head and shoulders above the competition,

Beautiful UI   
CHECK!      *Silkcoin does not take any responsibility for like or dislike of camel and any likeness to camels real or fictitious is purely coincidental*

Coin Statistics    
CHECK!      No more getmininginfo, 1 button click!

Market Data    
CHECK!      Basic and working at launch now with Buy and Sell orders (latest update)

Staking      
CHECK!      The ability to reserve coins for immediate spending and setting of a staking threshold.

Block Explorer   
CHECK!      Built in and working!

Wow I here you cry all these features that a million coins have promised us and never delivered.
Silkcoin is not promising, it has delivered from day 1 and will continue for many moons to come.

But there is more!

Today (20/05/2014) after nights of endless coding and little sleep the first 'Major' ( the Dev calls it a minor but i disagree) update for Silkcoin has been made available a mere 11 days after launch.

IRC is working

More indepth Exchange data is looking prettier all the time

And there are a ton of other features being worked on (progress available on official Silkcoin website) www.silk-coin.com
Along with a strange and offwordly sounding new 'ECO SYSTEM' being implemented into the wallet.

A confident marketing team has been assembled, and as if the fantastic new wallet update wasn't enough the team are promising Giveaways Galore, Promotions, and real life camel racing for bag holders *(Real life camel racing is in Beta and is to be listed as SOON on the website and will remain listed as SOON .. forever :p)

So Crypto miners, Holders, buyers, sellers and if you just like to watch, we ask you all , come JOIN us!

It is not too late to don a silk robe and feel the silky goodness against your skin.

Mine with us!

www.hasco.ws
+ 3rd phase

Vote for us! After just 4 days of voting we are in the top 90 of mintpal and we're just getting started!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SC

Visit the thread and take a look at our wallet, you WON'T be dissapointed!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.0

Visit our website at

www.silk-coin.com

Silkcoin will not follow the pack.... it will be LEADING it!
And we would be honoured if you would undertake this exciting journey with us.

And this is why Ladies and Gentlmen - That the future of Crypto's Road is paved with SILK

Thanx for taking the time to read if you made it to the end
Regards
Quantum
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:16:21 PM

A custom-coded wallet is a good start, but SilkCoin will have to show significant innovation before the marketcap can grow in any meaningful way. Rehashing old ideas and presenting them in a different way is not innovation IMO. BTC, LTC, DRK and to a smaller degree coins like VTC and BC are all coins that gained significant marketshare based on the innovation they brought to the table, rather than the way it's presented. SC is also not the first coin to have a custom-coded wallet.
Quantum12 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:33:19 PM

A custom-coded wallet is a good start, but SilkCoin will have to show significant innovation before the marketcap can grow in any meaningful way. Rehashing old ideas and presenting them in a different way is not innovation IMO. BTC, LTC, DRK and to a smaller degree coins like VTC and BC are all coins that gained significant marketshare based on the innovation they brought to the table, rather than the way it's presented. SC is also not the first coin to have a custom-coded wallet.

Ty for your opinions, I've opened many wallets in my time and none have ever looked like this, had all the features in one place, working only a short time after launch, good looking site etc etc, anyway you know my opinions above ( i am not a DEV only a helper i do not know the true direction they are planning but i am privy to some forward thinking ideas they are implementing.

We are not trying to re-invent the wheel , the wheel is pretty good at what it does, but sometimes it does not hurt to attach the wheel to a better car Wink
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:47:55 PM

Nice OP !

I mined some and bought some (+-100k) - mostly because of fair distribution + fonctionnal wallet from day 1. 
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:25:29 PM

Ty for your opinions, I've opened many wallets in my time and none have ever looked like this, had all the features in one place, working only a short time after launch, good looking site etc etc, anyway you know my opinions above ( i am not a DEV only a helper i do not know the true direction they are planning but i am privy to some forward thinking ideas they are implementing.

We are not trying to re-invent the wheel , the wheel is pretty good at what it does, but sometimes it does not hurt to attach the wheel to a better car Wink
+1
mojpoj

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:10:28 PM

What's in your wallet?

65K silky smooth coins!

And the POS has been, for the most part, flawless.  Steady stream of incoming transactions popup on my screen throughout the day.  Free money!

Go silk!

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Quantum12 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:18:47 AM

Holding with ya Smiley

we are 12 days old , the journey only just started!
BTC King

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:41:32 AM

inspired by Silk Road much ? lol
karudea

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:37:29 AM

IMO, the distribution system is novative.
Also, even if its not purely coin related, Silkcoin is working hard on focusin the community on the wallet and make it able to communicate and share which is also novative.
Plus, they said they intended to release a whole "ecosystem" around the coin, which is more novative than anythin i saw in other coins.

Also : Gif CAMEL ! come on !

SC : BG3CzJmeE33QWpKZn4BbftVEunJZRov2JL
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 07:30:04 PM

Here's a little parody video that ViginitiTrez and I organized for the SilkCoin community : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qshbUi-xwx4
Quantum12 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:44:00 AM

Here's a little parody video that ViginitiTrez and I organized for the SilkCoin community : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qshbUi-xwx4

can't wait for the silkreich series
BTC King

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:17:27 PM

can't wait for the silkreich series

lol so funny
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:21:22 PM

Don't forget to visit the subreddit for more info and giveaways etc, we will also be doing some competitions in the upcoming days/weeks. Smiley Feel free to drop by: www.reddit.com/r/silkcoinofficial
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:32:54 PM

So apart from the name, and the nice wallet (Not taking away from the work thats gone into that). What is different about this coin that will help it last and grow?? Surely its more than a name and wallet??

I'm asking because i'm interested and not just trolling.
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:47:43 PM

So apart from the name, and the nice wallet (Not taking away from the work thats gone into that). What is different about this coin that will help it last and grow?? Surely its more than a name and wallet??

Frankly look at Litecoin and ask what it has over other Scrypt clones; it isn't much.
SilkCoin is bringing much more than Litecoin.
Quantum12 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:51:05 PM

ecosystem.. more info soon

Silkcoin eco-system
Now let's talk about this eco-system. We didn't want to unveil it this soon but since we talked a bit about I will tell you a few things. First of all it's in very early stages, so don't get too excited it won't be out before at least 2-3 months.
The whole system works with torrents and the blockchain, Satoshi's greatest invention wasn't the bitcoin currency it was the blockchain. He invented the first way to really decentralize anything, on a freedom point of view there's so much more to be done than a currency.

So here's how it works, once you're connected through your wallet, you will be able to access a local website on your computer at 127.0.0.1:1666, this hub will regoup a lot of different functions all decentralized and based on the blockchain.
And yes this means no censoring and freedom of speech. We're pretty sure we can succeed in time to make all the planned functionalities, but they will be added progressively. I'll detail later what the first integrations will be.
This hub works a bit like a social network, with profiles, friends, post boards etc.. You'll generate a unique user that will be tied to your secret key, if you lose the secret key there's no way to retrieve your account. To interact with someone (make an exchange, send a message etc..) you'll have to be friends with each other, this is a limitation we can do nothing about.
At the moment we think we'll launch social network features and file sharing first since they are already working pretty great on full POS. Exchanger will follow, we're still having a few unresolved issues. And we thought of a marketplace but we're still discussing the implications and we don't think it will be feasible because of a lot of obvious concerns. These are the main primary objectives at the moment, but of course there's plenty of possibilities and ideas who knows how all this will evolve.

Design is also in very early stages, don't be shocked if it doesn't look very sexy!

Here's a screen of the network status when you open the wallet & connect to the website. You can't do anything until the blockchain is up to date and data downloaded. Then of the profile, most functions you see are already working pretty well. We'll show you a screenshot of the exchanger once it's a bit more advanced, at the moment it's not looking like anything Smiley.

Of course we welcome any dev who wants to help us, just contact us with your skills we need all the help we can get. And no, if you copy-pasted a coin you're not a dev Smiley.
We'll answer all questions in time, I know there must be a lot of questions arising but look at the size of this post hehe and at first we didn't want to talk about it so soon Shocked again, it's still in very early stages but the system we use seems to be working great.

As you can see, if this eco-system comes out it's going to be huge. It's a decentralized censorfree world, you'll be staking, securing the network and winning money while browsing the eco-system. And Silkcoin will be the main currency here, we'd actually be the first to really solve the issue of most cryptos "what to do with my coins other than speculate" and manage to keep a lot of users with the wallet open to secure even more the network.

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:37:34 PM

Wallet updates incoming this Wednesday. Exciting times ahead!
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:56:19 AM

Talk us about the integrated exchange ?
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:02:26 AM

Welcome all to Silkcoin! the next step in crypto currency, rumor has it that when Silkcoin launched, Doge started whimpering, Litecoin went Dark and feathercoin suddenly felt very heavy.

Rumour? You mean the one made up by you?

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:03:37 AM

Frankly look at Litecoin and ask what it has over other Scrypt clones; it isn't much.
SilkCoin is bringing much more than Litecoin.

Thats why Litecoin is going down and will die.

Bitcoin is here because of first mover advantage. Unless there is something really interesting and useful I won't bet on it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: