Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns for Bitcoins  (Read 1216 times)
dscotese (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

Just saw this in the email I get from Liberty Crier: http://2013-tx36.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100116310.36929.678

So I thought I'd ask if anyone heard of (or is) a gun enthusiast who has asked a gun retailer whether or not they accept bitcoin.  Seems like a natural fit.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:16:06 PM

I'm also more than interested in this. There's probably a lot of interest in this community for a gun reseller.

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:01:44 PM

I've been actually actively working with a local gun dealer and he is considering it and does like the idea. Can't wait to show him this.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:48:19 PM

How would you verify if people have a gun licence? I mean, I don't know how it goes in other country's but here in NL we have to have licences for such things.
Let alone customs  Cry

It sure would be nice, but Bitcoin will be stamped as a dangerous method of getting guns or something like that, not that that bothers us.
HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 04:03:13 PM

Why not check out www.uspatriotarmory.com, they may not sell complete weapons but still an 80% weapon with a jig and no registration for BTC sounds cool and good to me.  Just saying, 

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
burnettm

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:24:50 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 06:48:49 PM by burnettm

Just saw this in the email I get from Liberty Crier: http://2013-tx36.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100116310.36929.678

So I thought I'd ask if anyone heard of (or is) a gun enthusiast who has asked a gun retailer whether or not they accept bitcoin.  Seems like a natural fit.

American here, from my experiences non-big box gun stores prefer cash or a USPS money order. Most will charge you a 3% fee if you choose to pay with credit card. I'm sure they could be talked in to accepting bitcoin if you were buying enough from them, but most small stores are going to pass the fees on to the user directly. Chargebacks aren't much of a problem for them, because with the 4473 forms people fill out when they buy a gun from a FFL, it is pretty easy to show a credit card company that the recipient actually received the weapon. And the pseudo-anonimity bitcoin offers isnt a benefit for the recipient because you have to fill out the 4473 mentioned previously, which is ultimately entered in to the ATF's eTrace database (and shared with 120+ foreign nations).

Buying from a private party is almost always in cash, and you could only use bitcoin if the other guy knows about it and wants it; and most probably don't know what it is yet, or if they do, they probably dont care about it.

https://78462f86-a-affa084a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/a/ultimarat.io/www/home/pics/RFB11-12-11.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7crtJff5pY32gXL7IYhH3X__C78YgNATUo_Jpdn5HG0E1f7QlzRkMNqiFppAdBejrG4Lg4hyT_ZfRoueOFXcu8r2vS9wZkYjiZ3E5xadXm1UEJPeBsubcAoLGYFyktN-j6Z0Dqw9A_HR1RbTBLNV4ehdd20a0ALctiRCehc195sFabS7thRPV_09qS_6OWHaShow5JUj1TKe_NXUZtt2vwbygiCi1A%3D%3D&attredirects=0

Why not check out www.uspatriotarmory.com, they may not sell complete weapons but still an 80% weapon with a jig and no registration for BTC sounds cool and good to me.  Just saying,  
Except most people dont have access to a mill. And dont even try to bring up a drill press, because everyone i've ever met who has never tried it with a drill press, and dont realize that the bearings in them arent designed to take side loads like a mill. Or a dremel either, I've seen plenty of pics of polymer 80% lowers which were butchered with a dremel, I can only imagine what a aluminum lower would look like after someone was done with it. Instead of all this hassle, if you really want to avoid signing a 4473, you can buy a 100% lower for less money in a private party sale.

How would you verify if people have a gun licence? I mean, I don't know how it goes in other country's but here in NL we have to have licences for such things.
Most states in the US dont require a license. And there is no non-felon verification requirement (NCIS) for private party sales in most states.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:14:28 PM

There is a member here who was selling guns for bitcoins,  i will try to find him and edit my psot if i do.. but anyway i think we dont want to be related and tagged as a gateway to buy controlled things
dscotese (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:15:04 AM

There is a member here who was selling guns for bitcoins,  i will try to find him and edit my psot if i do.. but anyway i think we dont want to be related and tagged as a gateway to buy controlled things
I don't mind being related and tagged as a gateway to controlled things.  I think it's a lucrative business.  You just have to have enough empathy and wits to navigate the dangers created by coercive authorities.  One thing to pay close attention to is the fact that the method being employed by those authorities is not so much criminalization as it is inconvenience.  I've see other articles (besides the one I linked to) discussing this tactic.  It is a means of tyranny without the actual violence.  Instead of passing a law against gun ownership, which then tasks the government with a duty to enforce it, they instead explain to the banks that they are in danger of losing their charter (or some other kind of pressure) if they provide too much support for gun retailers. 

Bitcoin solves many problems caused by the state, and I think it's a mistake to avoid using it just because it might piss off the statist propaganda machine.  Bitcoin and bitcoiners (all successful life, really) is anti-fragile (meaning it grows stronger under adversity).  We should welcome the challenges of supporting moral endeavors, especially if they are illegal (but moral).  Bitcoin is an excellent tool to force the state to exhibit its essential depravity and thus motivate the populace to withdraw its support.

American here, from my experiences ...

Buying from a private party is almost always in cash, and you could only use bitcoin if the other guy knows about it and wants it; and most probably don't know what it is yet, or if they do, they probably dont care about it.

... Instead of all this hassle, if you really want to avoid signing a 4473, you can buy a 100% lower for less money in a private party sale.
I don't think it's a good idea to avoid things just because they might be difficult.  The reason for suggesting to gun retailers that they consider bitcoin is that gun buyers can find their own bitcoin, and bitcoin buyers can find the gun retailers, and this chain cuts the bank (the "choke-point") out of the loop.  It heals the wound being inflicted on the industry by the efforts to suppress gun ownership.  Certainly it won't be a big success, perhaps not right away, perhaps not ever.  Heck, the whole idea might waste a lot of people's time, but it introduces one of the key benefits of bitcoin (no need for trusted third-parties) to a lot of people who are at the edge of resisting coercive authority.  Since the third-parties in this case are servants of coercive authority, it's a nice fit.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
burnettm

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to avoid things just because they might be difficult.

Its not that its difficult, its that most people dont have a mill and it will cost then far more make one.

The reason for suggesting to gun retailers that they consider bitcoin is that gun buyers can find their own bitcoin, and bitcoin buyers can find the gun retailers, and this chain cuts the bank (the "choke-point") out of the loop.

Again, most gun owners dont care about bitcoin and prefer cash. The same reason nearly every merchant that "accepts" BTC turns it in to cash instantly. BTC has fees associated with it, cash doesnt.

It heals the wound being inflicted on the industry by the efforts to suppress gun ownership.

lol, what hyperbole. Using bitcoin isnt going to remove the NFA, GCA or Hughes Amendment.

but it introduces one of the key benefits of bitcoin (no need for trusted third-parties)

Did you read my post? Have you bought guns in the US before? Have you been to a gun show? Cash removes the need 3rd parties.
dscotese (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:52:36 PM

...  most people dont have a mill ...

... most gun owners dont care about bitcoin ...

lol, what hyperbole. Using bitcoin isnt going to remove the NFA, GCA or Hughes Amendment.

I think I see where you're coming from.  I think the logical conclusion is this:  Don't bother staying healthy because we're all going to die anyway.  Don't bother learning anything because we're all going to die anyway.  Don't bother helping to make the world a better place because we're all going to die anyway.

You know what?  I don't care if I'm going to die, or if most people won't benefit from the things I do.  I am going to live a while longer, and some people will benefit from what I do, so I'm going to do it and encourage others to do it.

Did you read my post? Have you bought guns in the US before? Have you been to a gun show? Cash removes the need 3rd parties.
I haven't bought guns, and I may have gone to one gun show.  But about the cash - Yes it does!  So the gun retailer can drive the cash (or mail it?) to the gun manufacturers.  Most of them use checks and credit cards though, and such instruments require banks = susceptible to choke points.  Cash is great, but virtual cash has its advantages too.

Thanks for the opportunity you gave me to explain some of the finer details of my understanding of what makes bitcoin valuable and useful.  Do you have more denigration of my idea for me to take a swing at?

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:47:56 PM

Why not check out www.uspatriotarmory.com, they may not sell complete weapons but still an 80% weapon with a jig and no registration for BTC sounds cool and good to me.  Just saying, 

ordered. i like their rifle kit.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:30:53 PM

Interesting site, wish they had bulletproof vest though.
ondratra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:08:43 AM

So I thought I'd ask if anyone heard of (or is) a gun enthusiast who has asked a gun retailer whether or not they accept bitcoin.  Seems like a natural fit.

Well after defense distributed shared their designs for printing 1-shot gun with 3D printer everybody with 3D printer can be gun retailer Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: