Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Cryptsy, Please pay someone to improve/fix your system.  (Read 1027 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:21:59 PM

Dear Cryptsy,
I have been trying to use your site more recently and the experience is mixed. Sometimes everything is fast enough, but other times (like right now) the site is almost unusable, and unbelievably slow to respond. This happens too often during regular trading (when the site is supposedly up, not down for maintenance or just starting to come back on)

You posted a picture last year of your proud new rack of servers, so the problem must be in the software. There are bottlenecks somewhere that can be eliminated, and this situation has been on-going for a long time now.
Please pay someone to improve/fix your system, since you are one of the very best exchanges.
Thank you.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:26:02 PM

Dear Cryptsy,
I have been trying to use your site more recently and the experience is mixed. Sometimes everything is fast enough, but other times (like right now) the site is almost unusable, and unbelievably slow to respond. This happens too often during regular trading (when the site is supposedly up, not down for maintenance or just starting to come back on)

You posted a picture last year of your proud new rack of servers, so the problem must be in the software. There are bottlenecks somewhere that can be eliminated, and this situation has been on-going for a long time now.
Please pay someone to improve/fix your system, since you are one of the very best exchanges.
Thank you.

I have the same issues. There are times where I can place an order, wait 5 minutes and refresh the page and it still won't show up yet. I've just gotten used to it.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:28:03 AM

To be honest, I think they have paid someone to help fix their shit. This is coming from a LONG time Cryptsy hater, but recently, I've been forced to use their exchange because of a lack of other options, and the experience was... actually pretty good. I was stunned. God knows I never thought I'd type that, but there it is. My DVC deposit went through a few minutes after the sixth confirmation (although they really need to lower that shit), I didn't have to select a buy order far below the top one to get my order to actually execute at market price, and the BTC withdraw was broadcasted in under 15 minutes (but please provide an option to turn that fucking email confirmation off, but they're not the only exchange that does it). The last few times I've used them, every step that I was used to either taking ages or being ridiculously buggy was actually well over my threshold for "tolerable." If they keep this up, not only will I stop referring to them as "Shitsy," I may actually trade there voluntarily once in a while.

I think your experience was just because you don't use them much. I use them all the time, so I run into a lot of issues. If I only used them randomly, I'm sure I could have the same experience as you, :p.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 07:47:19 AM

proud new rack of servers

Assuming that those are the webservers; and not just the wallet servers, then maybe that's the issue.

With the great cloud options available now a days, where you can instantly scale and expand to multiple geo-regions; it's odd that they would choose to host the website frontend themselves on dedicated hardware at a single location.

But then again those may just be the wallet servers they were showing, as they must need quite a few servers just to handle the huge number of alt-coins.
Assuming they allocate 1GB of RAM per coin, that's ~180GB of RAM required just for wallets so do the math on how many wallet servers they must need.

P.S. do you have link to that server photo, i'd be interested to see it
trader001

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:59:12 AM

With the great cloud options available now a days, where you can instantly scale and expand to multiple geo-regions; it's odd that they would choose to host the website frontend themselves on dedicated hardware at a single location.

Cloud option have security issues.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:03:52 AM

Cloud option have security issues.

I am talking about the frontend of the website, so physical access security is not as much an issue; and I'm not sure there is any security difference remotely (accept maybe through social engineering your provider, so use a good provider).  Of course I wouldn't suggest keeping any actual wallets/coins on cloud servers.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:18:11 PM

Currently severe trade lag on at least one sell order // Funds totally disappeared
^^^ I fully understand they will probably "reappear", but would prefer to never have to experience this again.  
Edit: The issue was "automatically fixed" in under 5 minutes, but in the computer age that is a very long time.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:25:57 AM

To be honest, I think they have paid someone to help fix their shit. This is coming from a LONG time Cryptsy hater, but recently, I've been forced to use their exchange because of a lack of other options, and the experience was... actually pretty good. I was stunned. God knows I never thought I'd type that, but there it is.

LOL

I can just see you sitting there with jaw dropped to the keyboard after you typed that lol...hilarious...  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:29:02 AM

Currently severe trade lag on at least one sell order // Funds totally disappeared
^^^ I fully understand they will probably "reappear", but would prefer to never have to experience this again. 
Edit: The issue was "automatically fixed" in under 5 minutes, but in the computer age that is a very long time.

I've recently learned a new trick as well through trial-and-error. If you have an order that is lagged, change to a new tab and then back. It's been instantly fixing my problems.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:19:28 PM

So how's everyone out there been going with their new ID verification system?

I've tried 3 times to submit ID but everytime it bounces back with nothing other than the standard "make sure the photos are not blurry, etc" with no indication if anything submitted is actually ok. I had to submit ID a couple of times to Gox but this is ridiculous.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
CoinMKT.com

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:50:00 AM

The paid people to fix their system is their developers... and well.....  heh.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:10:25 AM

The paid people to fix their system is their developers... and well.....  heh.

btc-e (for example) is super fast (most of the time) and I'm never uncertain what just happened to money after cancelling or filling an order.
I can cancel ~10 orders, and see the money returned, in the time it takes to cancel just one or two on Cryptsy.
I still like Cryptsy, but wish they could make it more responsive and really fix the lag issues.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:11:58 AM

The paid people to fix their system is their developers... and well.....  heh.

btc-e (for example) is super fast (most of the time) and I'm never uncertain what just happened to money after cancelling or filling an order.
I can cancel ~10 orders, and see the money returned, in the time it takes to cancel just one or two on Cryptsy.
I still like Cryptsy, but wish they could make it more responsive and really fix the lag issues.

Try clicking on another tab on your browser when Cryptsy is lagging, and then change back to the tab you were just on. I've been messing with this more today and it works 100% of the time for me (and allows almost instant updates as opposed to waiting a few minutes). Let me know if that works for you?

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:24:20 AM

Totally agree with OP. Cryptsy is ridiculous and I believe it's the most used alt trading site so why can't they fix it?!  I've had negative balances and the site won't update and they don't recognize my deposits. It's crazy the stuff they get away with.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
dailey123

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:57:53 PM

agree i like the website but this really needs fix peoples money here is at stake
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:29:52 AM

Totally agree with OP. Cryptsy is ridiculous and I believe it's the most used alt trading site so why can't they fix it?!  I've had negative balances and the site won't update and they don't recognize my deposits. It's crazy the stuff they get away with.

The details you listed tend to be straightened out as soon as the lag is caught up, but what is the root source of the frequent lag?
At btc-e almost everything is instant, most of the time. Cryptsy would be a trading paradise if they could fix the issues.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: