Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SpiderOak 1 GB referral offer (still 1 slot available)  (Read 2669 times)
kseistrup (OP)

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 04:08:06 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2011, 04:24:38 PM by kseistrup

Hey,

SpiderOak is a free online backup, online sync and online sharing solution akin to Dropbox.  It is available for Linux, Mac, Windows, Android and iPhone/iPad.  In contrast to Dropbox, SpiderOak has zero knowledge privacy police, which means that you are the only one who can see the contents of your backed up files.

If you sign up via this link: http://j.mp/spoak1gb we both get 1 GB extra storage for life (on top of the free 2 GB given at registration time).  There are 3 2 1 slot available — first come, first served.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 10:35:01 PM

I signed up under your account and got the extra space.

Here's my referral link for anyone wanting to sign up, since I took your last slot:

http://goo.gl/BksfK

If you use the Promo Code "worldbackupday" you'll get an extra 4GB on top of the free 1GB and extra 1GB for using my referral link, giving you a total of 6GB when you sign up.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 12:10:14 AM

Backing up wallet.dat is a great idea with this service. Especially since it's fully encrypted, and not even SpiderOak employees can access your data.

graingert

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 09:46:26 AM

Okay I signed up!

1Beg9tgkyF5Lk3YHz9PXnh4PTjraBQRTMZ

*Image Removed*
kseistrup (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 10:02:44 AM

There are 3 2 1 slot available — first come, first served.

There's something I don't understand:  The page that describes SpiderOak's referral programme says
SpiderOak would like to announce the Refer-a-Friend program - designed to generate benefit for you and your friends. Quite simply — if you refer a friend to SpiderOak then you and your friend will receive a free gigabyte (GB). If you have two friends who join, receive 2 free GBs. 3 friends — 3 free GBs. And so on…

Free users can gain a maximum of three (3) additional GBs for a total of five (5) free GBs in all — providing even more space to securely backup, sync, and share data online. Paid users can gain a maximum of up to twenty (20) free GBs of space on top of their current allotment.

I have a free account, but somehow I've gotten 5 free GBs through Refer-a-Friend.  How come?  A World Backup Day side effect?

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 08:24:29 PM

There are 3 2 1 slot available — first come, first served.

There's something I don't understand:  The page that describes SpiderOak's referral programme says
SpiderOak would like to announce the Refer-a-Friend program - designed to generate benefit for you and your friends. Quite simply — if you refer a friend to SpiderOak then you and your friend will receive a free gigabyte (GB). If you have two friends who join, receive 2 free GBs. 3 friends — 3 free GBs. And so on…

Free users can gain a maximum of three (3) additional GBs for a total of five (5) free GBs in all — providing even more space to securely backup, sync, and share data online. Paid users can gain a maximum of up to twenty (20) free GBs of space on top of their current allotment.

I have a free account, but somehow I've gotten 5 free GBs through Refer-a-Friend.  How come?  A World Backup Day side effect?

Cheers,

You should be receiving 1 GB for signing up with someone's referral link, plus 3 GB for World Backup Day. I'm unsure as to whether you can then get space after that. Help me test it by signing up under my user (lol!):

https://spideroak.com/download/referral/af0390d5d6a240b0221421c0e91acd06

kseistrup (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 08:44:47 PM

You should be receiving 1 GB for signing up with someone's referral link, plus 3 GB for World Backup Day. I'm unsure as to whether you can then get space after that. Help me test it by signing up under my user (lol!):

I'm the person who started this thread, and I signed up without using any referral link.  A total of 5 users have signed up using my referral link and I have received 1 GB extra storage from each.  I didn't use any worldbackupday mumbo-jumbo.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
graingert

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 10:49:09 PM

Will I get my 1BTC?

*Image Removed*
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2011, 12:01:03 AM

Will I get my 1BTC?
There was no promise of 1 BTC that I can find in this thread. It was 1 GB extra for free in SpiderOak.

kseistrup (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2011, 05:08:21 AM

Will I get my 1BTC?
There was no promise of 1 BTC that I can find in this thread. It was 1 GB extra for free in SpiderOak.

Correct, the extra 1 GB was meant to be the incentive for signing up.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2011, 07:21:25 PM

Someone used my referral link, so I can verify that with the "worldbackupday" code, signing up with a user's referral link, and receiving three referrals, you can receive 9 GB of free space. (However, I have only received 7GB so far, so two more referrals left.)

Signup here: https://spideroak.com/download/referral/af0390d5d6a240b0221421c0e91acd06

lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 08:11:25 PM

Interestingly enough, using the "worldbackupday" code not only gives you an extra 5 GB, but makes you seen as a "paid user", and thus your referral limit is 20 GB, instead of 3 GB. Feel free to continue to use my code. Wink

graingert

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 01:08:43 AM

Will I get my 1BTC?

Correct, the extra 1 GB was meant to be the incentive for signing up.

Cheers,

I must have been hallucinating!

*Image Removed*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: