Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which designer's work should be incorporated into the logo for the rebranded Carboncoin?  (Voting closed: May 17, 2014, 01:30:47 PM)
1. MagicSnow - 4 (16.7%)
2. kussaka - 3 (12.5%)
3. morphtrust - 1 (4.2%)
4. pavondunbar - 1 (4.2%)
5. ning_chang - 3 (12.5%)
6. ckybe - 4 (16.7%)
7. mymenace - 2 (8.3%)
8. pipipipopopo - 5 (20.8%)
9. Mjbmonetarymetals - 1 (4.2%)
10. B1 Graphics - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Carboncoin Logo Contest - 2M CARB prize for voter who leaves best comment  (Read 3669 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danonthehill (OP)

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:02:47 PM

Well done.  ckybe, send me your wallet address, I will be sending you some of your prize coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:28:26 PM

Number 6.  Instantly recognisable if you drove past a billboard with it on and it caught your eye only for a split second.  When it comes to logo design; think Nike and Apple. Clear, uncluttered, instantly recognisable from a distance.  In addition this logo also contains Gestalt principles within it's design which is used a great deal in modern marketing.   In short Gestalt psychology states that we see things as a whole rather than a sum of its parts.  The lines and curves in the central design clearly create an image that can be perceived as a tree or a leaf.  The Gestalt principle of closure often leads consumers to pursue a further search for information on what they are seeing i.e seek confirmation if what the design represents / actually shows and it is a very powerful way of capturing consumers attention and then creating the opportunity for exposure to the product / service.   Exposure leads to learning, leads to evaluation, leads to use / consumption.  Without the initial exposure the next steps cannot take place.  A person who is ecologically conscious is more likely to be attracted to this design because the tree/leaf has a conscious or subconscious importance in regards their beliefs / attitudes towards environmental issues. I would imagine this is the type of person Carboncoin wishes to attract and this type of person is highly likely to use / invest in the coin as it has a strong affinity with their values / ethical stance. 

That is why I am particularly impressed with this logo. A great deal of thought has gone into the design by the creator.  

I make this statement with confidence as I am reading for my masters degree in marketing  Wink  

If I were the lucky winner in regards comments my Carboncoin wallet address is LBRUeWvHzSiKBXNehAkyUTeA9qVsD8EhEd

Good luck with the relaunch.

Great comments!

You have just been sent 2,000,000 CARB.

Smiley
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:30:00 PM

I just started to drink wine. When I go to the liquor store to buy a bottle of red there are hundreds to choose from. I end up picking the one with the fanciest label.

If there is not a good response to this contest, maybe none of the logos stand out. The market has been saturated with over 200 coins on coinmarketcap now. (and growing every day)

It will be tough to stand out.

I love the idea of the 2 sided coin. The 3D is very cool.

I think the coin should have a serrated edge. It is symbolic to the roman days when thief's would shave the edges of the coins off. The serrated edge helped prevent the fraud.

I really like number 6 because the leaf making a C in the coin is clever. I also like the leaf because it gives it the eco friendly appeal.

I also like number 4 for the contours in the coin. Makes it more realistic. The idea of having writing wrapping around the coin was great too. Est. in 2014 is kinda cheesy though. It should say Carbon Neutral and Carbon Coin wrapping around it.  

I do see coins on coinmarketcap change logos every now and then. Maybe we are just not in our final form yet.

Please send me you Carboncoin address and I will send you 500,000 for second best comment  Smiley
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

You are a generous person ethought.
GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:45:29 PM

Number 6.  Instantly recognisable if you drove past a billboard with it on and it caught your eye only for a split second.  When it comes to logo design; think Nike and Apple. Clear, uncluttered, instantly recognisable from a distance.  In addition this logo also contains Gestalt principles within it's design which is used a great deal in modern marketing.   In short Gestalt psychology states that we see things as a whole rather than a sum of its parts.  The lines and curves in the central design clearly create an image that can be perceived as a tree or a leaf.  The Gestalt principle of closure often leads consumers to pursue a further search for information on what they are seeing i.e seek confirmation if what the design represents / actually shows and it is a very powerful way of capturing consumers attention and then creating the opportunity for exposure to the product / service.   Exposure leads to learning, leads to evaluation, leads to use / consumption.  Without the initial exposure the next steps cannot take place.  A person who is ecologically conscious is more likely to be attracted to this design because the tree/leaf has a conscious or subconscious importance in regards their beliefs / attitudes towards environmental issues. I would imagine this is the type of person Carboncoin wishes to attract and this type of person is highly likely to use / invest in the coin as it has a strong affinity with their values / ethical stance. 

That is why I am particularly impressed with this logo. A great deal of thought has gone into the design by the creator.  

I make this statement with confidence as I am reading for my masters degree in marketing  Wink  

If I were the lucky winner in regards comments my Carboncoin wallet address is LBRUeWvHzSiKBXNehAkyUTeA9qVsD8EhEd

Great comments!

You have just been sent 2,000,000 CARB.

Smiley

Thank you very much ethought and Danonthehill.  Congratulations to Ckybe

GAML

Activity: 214

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:15:30 PM

OMG Thanks a lot man! Smiley

You are very welcome.  It is a brilliant design.  Congratulations again on winning the competition.   Smiley

kussaka

Activity: 125

Graphic designer

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:37:10 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 05:29:48 PM by kussaka

Congratulations to Ckybe, like his version, expecially last version with black canvas.
Thanks for voters, and all who took part in discussion.

Surprising that there is only two votes for Mymenace design, because lot of people discussing
and praised his design.

I wish all the best for the team of Carboncoin. I hope new logo will bring good luck!
MagicSnow

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:29:43 PM

Congratulations ckybe!
thank all who voted me
If you want send some this is my address: LEysHJDHxGxnRBLBotUaERnbCSiNQhpkLf
danonthehill (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:29:38 PM

Sent 1.5M.
EvolutionA2Z

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:03:49 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 07:51:12 PM by EvolutionA2Z

I was told that doge is very successful becuase it has a good community behind it. I see very good things for CarbonCoin  Cheesy Thanks for your graciousness Kww6W4DFgcHJwK8fgGgJM3BBEcAduy421V
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:24:25 AM

I was told that doge is very successful becuase it has a good community behind it. I see very good things for CarbonCoin  Cheesy Thanks for your graciousness Kww6W4DFgcHJwK8fgGgJM3BBEcAduy421V

500,000 CARB has been sent to your address  Smiley
MagicSnow

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:34:53 PM

Sent 1.5M.
Thank you Smiley
morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 04:32:26 PM

glad someone else spoke up about liking the 3D design and adding the round to the hex shape, that makes what? 4 of us now XD

again if you guys need any help with bringing this together as a 3D concept, let me know, Hopefully soon I will have a better system to work off of so that more realistic renderings will not take for ever just to put out a few seconds of video lol

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
EvolutionA2Z

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:45:13 AM

Thank you ethought!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: