Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Renewed Optimism Drives Bitcoin Price to High Near $500  (Read 1898 times)
CryptexCard (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:58:33 PM

The price of bitcoin on the CoinDesk USD Bitcoin Price Index (BPI) rose more than 10% today at its peak to a high of $494.16, up from the day’s open of $444.31.

http://www.coindesk.com/renewed-optimism-drives-bitcoin-price-high-494/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:03:35 PM

I love you bitcoin!

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:07:23 PM

Too early for mandatory moon comment?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:18:47 PM

its actually good news Tongue
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:27:23 PM

So everyone got really optimistic today about BTC and thats what caused it to jump?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:32:18 PM

I wonder why Coindesk didn't comment on the NY Fed president's lobbying to keep throwing money at Mortgage Backed Securities.  Way more relevant than China.

William Dudley, president of the New York Fed, said the central bank should keep reinvesting in its mortgage portfolio until after it raises interest rates. The current exit strategy calls for stopping reinvestment before rates go up.

Quoting Mr Dudley on raising interest rates, “In my opinion, this is far more important than the consequences of the balance sheet being a little larger for a little longer.”
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:41:01 PM

never too soon for the moon.. fanboyism at its best. even it price is dropping, we're still going to the moon.
rafamadeira

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

I think the price went up because of NY Federal Reserve President's speech.
Source: http://www.courant.com/business/sns-rt-us-usa-fed-20140520,0,7799880.story

They are admitting inflation above 2% goal... you know, when the Federal Reserve is saying it is possible, it is because they are not in the control anymore, and people$$ now that.

Insert Coins Here: 1GWz2R7NKVgtYg8yYQ7bbzDZWyRLXoitBN

Thank you Sir!
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:46:50 PM

So everyone got really optimistic today about BTC and thats what caused it to jump?

Well that's how people think. Because the price is rising there is a high expectation that it will go higher and hence people demand more meaning that the price rises (ie a self-fulfilling prophecy). The same things happen when we have a crash - everyone panic sells and the price gets smashed until there are enough people willing to ignore it and buy thus stablising the value.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:59:56 PM

yep, too soon cos its:
not even a international space station altitude
not even a virgin galactic altitude
10% rise is like a low altitude flight above the ground.. as high as maybe a hang glider would get to.

a nice experience to get to that height without much propulsion required... but not as an exciting experience as a moon walk in our near future

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 12:38:51 AM

Looks like it was a single BTC700 sell order on BTC-e that sent us upward, Ill take it!

It was executed as a single 700 BTC "instant buy" at a conservative $450 per BTC that's a $315,000 instant order.

Keep up the good work whoever you are Wink

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:57:59 AM

Looks like it was a single BTC700 sell order on BTC-e that sent us upward, Ill take it!

It was executed as a single 700 BTC "instant buy" at a conservative $450 per BTC that's a $315,000 instant order.

Keep up the good work whoever you are Wink

i dont know what glue your sniffing, but i was watching the trades of bitstamp, btc-e and others live and im afraid the thing your talking about was not the initial factor.. but the ripple effect.

its more like "shoot the price is rising and everyone on troll chat is shouting too the moon and about how this is the epic spike of 2014 about to happen, gotta buy gotta bye"

i call these types of people emotion panic buyers. reactors. sheeple. but dont worry the spike of 2014 is yet to come so dont waste any excitement over a simple 10% jump. hold tight to your bitcoins. this is not the time to be selling just yet

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
windpath
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 01:37:27 AM

i dont know what glue your sniffing, but i was watching the trades of bitstamp, btc-e and others live and im afraid the thing your talking about was not the initial factor.. but the ripple effect.

its more like "shoot the price is rising and everyone on troll chat is shouting too the moon and about how this is the epic spike of 2014 about to happen, gotta buy gotta bye"

i call these types of people emotion panic buyers. reactors. sheeple. but dont worry the spike of 2014 is yet to come so dont waste any excitement over a simple 10% jump. hold tight to your bitcoins. this is not the time to be selling just yet

No glue yet tonight, was just excited to see some movement (bonus: it was up) after about 10 days of a stable price.

I agree the spike of 2014 is yet to come Wink
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:48:57 AM

Ok guys, I know we've been in the 400s for a long time but let's not lose our heads here. Stay in the Earth's atmosphere for now.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:49:50 AM

The stable price before the rise is the good news. A steady growth is much healthier than sudden meteoric rises.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:07:24 AM

Renewed Optimism Drives Bitcoin Price to High Near $500
We have had a steady flow of good news lately:
One of my favorites is the MIT project in Boston, that could turn out to be a huge success.

The stable price before the rise is the good news. A steady growth is much healthier than sudden meteoric rises.

Wise words are true. We were way overdue for some fun though.  Smiley

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:09:17 AM

Wise words are true. We were way overdue for some fun though.  Smiley

Indeed! It was fun to watch it rise. I am on vacation and took my iPad down to the beach with me to keep an eye on it. With all the good news in the past couple of weeks we will probably see many more days like this one.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:12:45 AM

Indeed! It was fun to watch it rise. I am on vacation and took my iPad down to the beach with me to keep an eye on it. With all the good news in the past couple of weeks we will probably see many more days like this one.

A beach & vacation sounds great, and the solid market is a nice, big bonus. I remember a vacation being tainted by unexpected market loses (including margin calls), that is no way to get away.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:30:49 AM

A beach & vacation sounds great, and the solid market is a nice, big bonus. I remember a vacation being tainted by unexpected market loses (including margin calls), that is no way to get away.

Yeah it was nice. My wife and I are talking about renting our condo out for bit coin. I plan to discuss with an accountant this summer to get a sense of the tax implications. If you walk down the stairs and turn left you are 30 steps from the sand.   

windpath
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 03:38:28 AM

Yeah it was nice. My wife and I are talking about renting our condo out for bit coin. I plan to discuss with an accountant this summer to get a sense of the tax implications. If you walk down the stairs and turn left you are 30 steps from the sand.   

Intersested/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: