Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:41:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I little website help.  (Read 1325 times)
Rejinx (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 02:40:28 AM

I am looking to build a website.  Something simple.  But I have a few questions:

What is the best site register the domains? price is important, I used Godaddy before but I want to stay away from them.

What development program should I use?  I used Dreamweaver before but that was 10 years ago.

Is there any good free or cheap hosting sites that are easy to use?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 03:07:09 AM

I am looking to build a website.  Something simple.  But I have a few questions:

What is the best site register the domains? price is important, I used Godaddy before but I want to stay away from them.

What development program should I use?  I used Dreamweaver before but that was 10 years ago.

Since your not using GoDaddy, somebody else will suggest a better choice in that regards.

Here's what I can do for you. If you have the site hosted at HostGator and use Wordpress as your Content Management System (CMS), I can always help you when you get into a snag--pro bono. HostGator is very easy to use, as well as Wordpress. You'll be at about $8 a month. You want something cheaper, I'm sure it's available, but remember you'll get what you pay for. Go with my idea, and I'm helping you with the support.

Take a look at http://bitcoin100.org/ and see how clean of site you can get with what I've offered up.

~Bruno~
aschaetter

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 04:03:43 AM

Domain names are pretty much price fixed... If you really don't want to use Godaddy, I'd try NoIP, DynDns, Network Solutions, or any other registrar. Prices should be almost identical.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 04:30:08 AM

Find someone on the forums that will provide hosting for BTC.  I know theres a few that advertise here.

Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 05:08:51 AM

Find someone on the forums that will provide hosting for BTC.  I know theres a few that advertise here.

I like this idea. I have my aunt's site hosted for Bitcoins. However, my site is hosted on ipage. The Wordpress thing is pretty effective. Ipage also has Weebly drag n drop builder which is fairly limited, but also quick. I need to fix my site, but it uses Weebly: shamblindistribution.com.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 05:47:02 AM

I've been using 1&1 since mid-2007 and I've had zero issues. I'm on a $10 a month plan and I get 3 domains free. Also they are anti-SOPA.

If Wordpress is what your looking for, please add a little extra security and add the yubikey plugin.

If you're just looking to host simple html/php files, I recommend typing it up in notepad or whatever plain text editor you use. Dream weaver is nice until it corrupts your code. If you must use a IDE, use BlueFish.

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 06:11:33 AM

Ive heard good things about 1&1, but I personally use 000webhost, because I'm cheap.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 09:07:37 AM

Absolutely free tutorial.
http://tweetforum.com/webdevelopment/wordpress-tutorial-build-a-website-with-wordpress/
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 06:12:25 PM

I am looking to build a website.  Something simple.  But I have a few questions:

What development program should I use?  I used Dreamweaver before but that was 10 years ago.

Since your not using GoDaddy, somebody else will suggest a better choice in that regards.

Here's what I can do for you. If you have the site hosted at HostGator and use Wordpress as your Content Management System (CMS), I can always help you when you get into a snag--pro bono. HostGator is very easy to use, as well as Wordpress. You'll be at about $8 a month. You something cheaper, I'm sure it's available, but remember you'll get what you pay for. Go with my idea, and I'm helping you with the support.

Take a look at http://bitcoin100.org/ and see how clean of site you can get with what I've offered up.

~Bruno~

Thanks Bruno, That site does look great!  I think I may take you up on your offer.  I am a busy dad, so it's going to take me a while to get my ideas on to a site, but it is nice to know I won't have to go it alone.

Also, thanks for advice from everyone.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 03:01:55 PM

I've been using Bluehost for a few years now and haven't had any problems with them.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 03:18:07 PM

Ive heard good things about 1&1, but I personally use 000webhost, because I'm cheap.

I use them for a ridiculously simple site I basically have for personal use. It's worked good for me so far.

TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 02:04:16 AM

Try webhostingrevenue i heard they offer cheap hosting services.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 02:30:20 AM

I must say, I don't know of any registrars other than name.com that will allow you to set IPv6 glue from within their web control panel, instead of forcing you to email their support techs. Good pricing too. I usually pair them up with Zerigo for bulletproof and easy to configure hosted DNS service.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Retard
Prime Minister
VIP

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:04:05 AM

If you want a shop System ?

I can build and sell some one ... if you want you can write a PM plz ...

All what you need is a Webserver and or only a Vserver for Bitcoind and co

Website with configure prize 25 BTC
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 02:18:15 PM

I can help with Wordpress if needed.  If you do editing yourself in it my recommendation is to always edit the HTML directly rather than use their "Visual" editor.
Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:21:38 AM

I have been trying blogger.  I am pretty sure it was a mistake.    Undecided
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:30:51 AM

I have been trying blogger.  I am pretty sure it was a mistake.    Undecided

Wait, so you're looking for hosting+site design?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: