Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on Myriad?  (Read 370 times)
kaja (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Myriad is mined on 5 separate algorithms. A block for each algorithm is found every 2.5min (so 1 block every 30s). Each algorithm gets a fair share of block rewards. You can even use a profitability switcher to choose the best algorithm for you to mine Myriad. The idea is that a range of different hardware is optimised for Myriad mining to keep good distribution and, someday if Myriad takes off, diversify the competition in the ASIC market to make entry cheaper and less scammy for all. It has a similar effect on pools as one pool could only possibly control 20% of the network if everyone mining that algo used it.

I like this coin and I am invested in it, but the market doesn't seem to be paying attention. The price has barely budged in 2 months out of its 3 month life. So I'd just like to know: Why? Anti-Myriad people, if you're out there, what are your reasons?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:53:44 AM

two reasons I can think of:

somewhat boring selection of proof-of-work algorithms (4 sha-alikes and scrypt)

if your mining equipment is setup and tuned for one particular proof-of-work,
you might be under the illusion that it's better to devote it to coins that
use that pow exclusively. or perhaps you don't like the idea of
competing for blocks with people having different setups.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: