Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Boolberry Rename Contest - Boolberry Is the Name!!  (Read 8324 times)
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:06:51 PM

Renaming is canceled due to copyright issue.
Sorry.

I thought your guy was a "pro"? Didn't he check this?  Roll Eyes

Please, please, please just leave it as Boolberry - people are starting to laugh.......

Quite a lot of "moderation" happening on the other thread too.......  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_zoidberg

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:10:39 PM

Sorry.

I thought your guy was a "pro"? Didn't he check this?  Roll Eyes

Please, please, please just leave it as Boolberry - people are starting to laugh.......
It was my fault. They wasn't behind this name.

sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:15:24 PM

Sorry.

I thought your guy was a "pro"? Didn't he check this?  Roll Eyes

It was my fault.

"Even the best name may not seem terrific the first time you hear it. As your name evolves into a brand, it will acquire more and richer associations. Give the names you’re considering a chance to grow on you--and try to imagine what they might stand for five or 10 years down the road.

Example: Google

Originally a variant of googol, the numeral one followed by 100 zeros, Google has come to represent a playful and innovative culture that delivers everything from email to operating systems. "

"Great names grab your attention by breaking the rules--but a name that defies your expectations may also appear scary. Look past the fear and you’ll find  energy and possibility. That buzz of surprise could be telling you that you’ve found a name that stands out.

Example: BlackBerry

ProMail, an early name candidate for what we know today as the BlackBerry, probably would have been an easier sell in RIM’s executive suite. But once users got their hands on the perfectly sized device, it became obvious which name was the perfect fit."

http://www.fastcompany.com/1819418/8-principles-product-naming
crypto_zoidberg

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:55:19 PM

Sorry.

No harm done. More chance to consider some monosyllabic names. Believe it or not I was gonna suggest "Splex" last night which is freakishly close to what you decided. The domain was taken though.
Splex is in use.

crypto_zoidberg

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:01:44 PM

Ok i dont know which pro suggested Arplex, but clearly I dont approve.

I think that boolberry may be better that Arplex.

I had proposed you from the start to offer a significant bounty so that a pro would invest some time and come up with a strong Brand name.

Anyway I wish that everything goes well and I will continue to support.
Thanks you!

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:47:20 PM

Ok, I have a marketing background, so in practice a marketing team tasked with finding a name for a new product follows these steps more or less in this order:

- Getting to know all about the product (physical properties, purpose, use cases, vision, corporate environment (in our case concerning the dev(s) and others working on the code as well as how management decisions are proposed and made))
- Researching the competition (what competitors are on the market, what do they propose, how are they positioned?)
- Researching and determining the target group of customers (what sub-segment of the total audience shall this product appeal to? What do they want from a product like ours?)
- Developing a "unique selling proposition" (what can this product do that others cant and customers want?)
- Brainstorming (without the boss present the team pours all the good ideas out that have emerged during the research phase, regardless how rediculous they sound)
- SWOT analysis (product inherent Strength and Weaknesses and xternal Opportunities and Threats displayed on a 4 fielded matrix)
- Sifting through the results from brainstorming and SWOT and narrowing things down to 2 or 3 candidates based on feasibility and vision for them.
- Preliminary testing on test subjects randomly selected from the designated target group (by standardized questionaire or individual interview or even in experimental set ups)
- Refining of results with 2 or 3 propositions for client or starting process all over if it turns out test subjects dont respond well to the candidates.
- Pitch to client

I think we can do some of these steps in order to find the right name, at least we should determine what the vision for this "product" is, what its unique selling proposition proposes, who our target audience is and what they want (may sound silly but after you have put it down in consensus things are much clearer). A little competition research cant hurt either, maybe summarized in a neat chart. Then we can do the fun brainstorming part and refine results to settle on some candidates for polling to determin the best possible name!

Any questions?
crypto_zoidberg

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 03:17:00 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 11:17:53 PM by crypto_zoidberg

Boolberry is not the best name, i see.

But i've decided to stay with that.
i'm so sick of this naming talks - it's not possible to please everybody.
I like this name and i'll make a value for this name with my work and my ideas.

Thanks to all people who suggested names, i'm very sorry that i didn't like it, please try to understand me.
The prize will be devided between all who suggested in this thread, with thanks and respect. Sorry again that i didn't take name here.

Now naming issue is closed.

I'm gladly go back to work, hope we will appear on exchanges soon.

PS: those who was complained that solo mining is impossible - you can try your luck now since hashrate is pretty low now. this is your second chance.
PPS: those who don't like the name - that's ok, i can understand you and respect your choice if you go to Monero(or whatever). Mine in peace!

Warl0ck

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

Sorry.

No harm done. More chance to consider some monosyllabic names. Believe it or not I was gonna suggest "Splex" last night which is freakishly close to what you decided. The domain was taken though.

yea I like this... maybe that can be a new coin that we merge mine with Boolberry Smiley
trankil

Activity: 854
Merit: 539

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

Boolberry is not the best name, i see.

But i've decided to stay with that.
i'm so sick of this naming talks - it's not possible to please everybody.
I like this name and i'll make a value for this name with my work and my ideas.

Thanks to all people who suggested names, i'm very sorry that i didn't like it, please try to understand me.
The prize will be devided between all who suggested in this thread, with thanks and respect. Sorry again that i didn't take name here.

Now naming issue is closed.

I'm gladly go back to work, hope we will apeare on exchanges soon.

PS: those who was complained that solo mining is impossible - you can try your luck now since hashrate is pretty low now. this is your second chance.
PPS: those who don't like the name - that's ok, i can understand you and respect your choice if you go to Monero(or whatever). Mine in peace!

i understand your decision  i'm happy to have propose a name
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:09:15 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 06:29:36 AM by TotalPanda

I know it's too late but :

BRINGX

Grin
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:28:18 PM

On the bright side, we just made hundreds of future clonecoins' jobs easier.  Grin
crypto_zoidberg

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:14:47 AM

On the bright side, we just made hundreds of future clonecoins' jobs easier.  Grin
Smiley

circulo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:44:30 AM

So...

We have a name. I can see that CZ has been working on the code to allow exchanges to pick up the coin. What's the ETA on BBR trading on an exchange? Which exchange will be first?
trankil

Activity: 854
Merit: 539

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

how can we have the bountie tou participate to this contest? we pm you our adress?
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:23:54 PM

how can we have the bountie tou participate to this contest? we pm you our adress?
The bounty is closed. The name "Boolberry" was kept.
btc-mike (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:54:07 AM

The bounty is going to be split equally among all participants.

If you made a real entry, please send me a PM with your address.
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:48:09 PM

The bounty is going to be split equally among all participants.

If you made a real entry, please send me a PM with your address.

Don't forget to send me your address. All prizes will be distributed tomorrow.
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:49:48 AM

I will be sending tomorrow morning. So far I have heard from:

Coindgr
emontmon
enerbyte
graphfox
kindofasaint
loremipsum
Nekomata
poornamelessme
Spekulatius
trankil
zeetak
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:39:33 AM

1D5rirUUVyWDMxpEWG8WsVGZ1KUS1X5WgH4x4hEqwiD2f6FX1naWhQUGzfXHWyXDfNHjLFrFBAimv6U VNfg6ZDbU8LN1jkx

I posted for the names in this thread, can I be added to the list? Thank you
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

I started sending yesterday and was able to finish today.

poornamelessme - send me a pm. i sent without transaction id.

I sent 10 BBR to following people:
blaaaaacksuit
Coindgr
emontmon
enerbyte
graphfox
human
kindofasaint
loremipsum
Nekomata
otila
sorryforthat