Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:32:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IF YOU HAD 1,000,000 DOLLARS WHAT WOULD YOU BUY???  (Read 16384 times)
simtal

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:55:28 AM

lambo

Always a lambo Goat Cheesy

Dont think you would get the one I want for $1,000,000 though

ps. its a Veneno

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:08:37 AM

lambo

Always a lambo Goat Cheesy

Dont think you would get the one I want for $1,000,000 though

ps. its a Veneno

I would get the 2014 Gallardo. Gold/Yellow body, Black top. I would also buy it with BTC  Wink

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
simtal

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:19:23 AM

I would get the 2014 Gallardo. Gold/Yellow body, Black top. I would also buy it with BTC  Wink

Nice, I am a big fan of the new headlights on the 2014 Gallardo. If I had one I think it would have to be black with the red accents on the splitter and door pillars. mmmmmm

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:30:01 AM

New car and new house and there you go $1mil gone.
It goes quicker than most people thing these days.

Yep, its not that much, really.

I would want atleast $10m before deciding to splurge big.

onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:33:07 AM

I would invest it to bitcoins.

simtal

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:37:21 AM

New car and new house and there you go $1mil gone.
It goes quicker than most people thing these days.

Yep, its not that much, really.

I would want atleast $10m before deciding to splurge big.

Also I think it shows people mindsets with inflation as nobody in the thread has really said, meh I'd just save it for a rainy day because 5-10 years later you will only get half a rainy day from it Smiley

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:06:12 PM

One million isn't going to do very much for a lot of people living in modern western societies. You could if you really wanted to make a million dollars go far and sustain yourself if you were willing to live in a different country where your dollars have a much higher purchasing power. But a lot of people aren't willing to do that.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:14:47 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 12:31:26 PM by Bitcoin Magazine

live with your parents for 10 years, wait for the bitcoins to mature to $23m, then move out, and sniff cocaine every day with your Russian bride

i am here.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:18:25 PM

I would invest 20% in bitcoins, and I'll spend the remaining in a pretty new home with a swimming pool and a Lamborghini.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:21:24 PM

I would invest 20% in bitcoins, and I'll spend the remaining in a pretty new home with a swimming pool and a Lamborghini.

i like the way you think!

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:08:50 PM

One million isn't going to do very much for a lot of people living in modern western societies. You could if you really wanted to make a million dollars go far and sustain yourself if you were willing to live in a different country where your dollars have a much higher purchasing power. But a lot of people aren't willing to do that.

In many countries, rich foreigners get targeted by gangs and end up in the river.

Who can live in Thailand for years?  You'll get lonely despite the hookups with European tourists and even the "rent-a-girlfriends" go home to their village for some arranged marriage.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:16:34 PM

In many countries, rich foreigners get targeted by gangs and end up in the river.

Who can live in Thailand for years?  You'll get lonely despite the hookups with European tourists and even the "rent-a-girlfriends" go home to their village for some arranged marriage.

Yes who can live in Thailand for years...   Your understanding of the world and people is lulz

Trolling
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:22:49 PM

I've lived in Thailand for years. Lots of people live here for years. It's a pretty high quality of life. There's lots of different areas in Thailand that cater to different styles of living. One million dollars here isn't going to make you some kind of target. There's very little crime here. Plus no one knows how much money you have or don't have.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:34:58 PM

I've lived in Thailand for years. Lots of people live here for years. It's a pretty high quality of life. There's lots of different areas in Thailand that cater to different styles of living. One million dollars here isn't going to make you some kind of target. There's very little crime here. Plus no one knows how much money you have or don't have.

well unless you drive a lambo around  Wink

Trolling
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:40:21 PM

Don't some people import the parts and assemble them in country in order to avoid the massive tax on imported sports cars? Or did they end up clamping down on that?
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:45:51 PM

Don't some people import the parts and assemble them in country in order to avoid the massive tax on imported sports cars? Or did they end up clamping down on that?

well, the law is a gray area here in thailand. but for the most part yes they will fuck with you unless you pay them off or have the right connections.

also thailand is soo messed up politicly having the right connections can change over night.

Trolling
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:53:39 PM

A commercial property to rent out.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:50:12 PM

I would definitely invest 250k in Bitcoins.
I would buy a 150-250k house, and a nice eco friendly ride.
And maybe a house on Aruba wich we can rent out for some more income.
I guess I still have 400k to spend on expenses or anything i would need after that.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:54:51 PM

..and i would donate to charity.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:00:22 PM

I would do absolutely nothing with it, other than stick it into a secured bank. FDIC only insures up to $250k, so maybe 4 banks.

Really, in reality, I'd look at CDs / other ways to earn a bit more interest off the money stably. My living expenses are about $20k a year, so if I could generate even 2% annually, I'd be able to live off the interest alone, for now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: