Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:17:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation claims individual members voted unanimously for Brock Pierce.  (Read 1134 times)
Xtib (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:03:24 AM

Ten members have expressed a desire to resign their membership - out of a community of 1500+ .... this does not even amount to ONE PERCENT OF OUR MEMBERSHIP. The thread has been closed, it has not been removed, or censored.

This community HAS spoken, and their voice, overwhelmingly, is in favor of Brock Pierce. Those that continue to harp on the issue are doing more damage to the community and the future of Bitcoin than Brock Pierce has done, or will do.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/965-brocks-rebuttal/

The Bitcoin Foundation now appears to be claiming that they had an open election for Brock. The individual members had their chance to vote on the issue and only 10 voted to resign. The foundation claims this demonstrates an overwhelming support for Brock and the issue is now closed.

Why we're individual members only given the option to resign or shut up and stay as their ballot choices?
Have the 1500 individual members been represented fairly by the foundation.
Was the option to resign a valid measure of the intent of the individual members?

Xtib

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 08:25:17 AM

The BF's power comes largely through it's stewardship-by-proxy of the Bitcoin-Core code base. If people want to negate this, the options are clear: produce a new, better code base which becomes the de facto client.

Heck, fork the Bitcoin-Core code, rebrand it, call it Open-Bitcoin and start developing it.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:33:51 AM

Those that continue to harp on the issue are doing more damage to the community and the future of Bitcoin than Brock Pierce has done, or will do. =
= Dissent is destructive, it is time for you to obey your leaders and promote the greater good.
or
Is he correct and it is time to stop harping on the issue?

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 08:35:34 AM

Is he correct and it's time to stop harping on the issue?

Personally I don't know Pierce, wouldn't recognise him in the street, know next to nothing about him and don't care to learn. I just don't care who the BF hires.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:02:09 AM

Is he correct and it's time to stop harping on the issue?

Personally I don't know Pierce, wouldn't recognise him in the street, know next to nothing about him and don't care to learn. I just don't care who the BF hires.

Fuck me! Thanks to this post, I just realized that I've been glued to this computer for the past 18 hours for naught. Would have been less, but had to reconstruct all the data I had already penned and was about to post at the time, lost due to an unexpected reboot.

Enjoy the GIF while I finish up connecting the dots. BTW, have plenty of popcorn on-hand, and make sure there's no children present when it comes time to read my next epic thread.

"Connect the Candy Dots, Charlie!"
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:53:33 AM

Fuck me! Thanks to this post, I just realized that I've been glued to this computer for the past 18 hours for naught. Would have been less, but had to reconstruct all the data I had already penned and was about to post at the time, lost due to an unexpected reboot.

I want TBF to be utterly irrelevant. I don't want to care who it hires.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:13:41 AM

The BF's power comes largely through it's stewardship-by-proxy of the Bitcoin-Core code base. If people want to negate this, the options are clear: produce a new, better code base which becomes the de facto client.

Heck, fork the Bitcoin-Core code, rebrand it, call it Open-Bitcoin and start developing it.
Someone already did, except instead of forking they just rewrite it from scratch and ended up with a superior code base by doing so.

https://github.com/conformal/btcd
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:18:39 AM

Oh good another bit coin foundation sucks thread. Can we combine all of these?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:35:21 AM

Do you further suggest they should be processed via a Veg-O-Matic? I'm just asking.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:37:28 AM

Do you further suggest they should be processed via a Veg-O-Matic? I'm just asking.

only if we cook them in the Ronco Fryolator afterwards.  Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:40:49 AM

only if we cook them in the Ronco Fryolator afterwards.  Grin

Can they then be served up at a Paul Snow BBQ? Again, I'm just asking.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:00:02 AM

bitcoin foundation ralated info
71 voters out of 1500 = only 4% of bitcoin members thought that the rigged list of candidates was worth voting for. meaning the vote was unfair.

pierce lawsuit info
Bryan Singer is not a stranger to brock or egan
Bryan Singer was at many parties of the DEN crew (brock and his fiddler friends)
minors WERE brought to the mansion by chad shakleys brother
minors WERE given wine (but the defense says it was 'just for dinner')

so do not believe anything about Singer and Pierce having no connections with each other, no opportunity to interact with drunken male teenagers, or sexual orientation that they do not like boys as those are lies. Singer and Brock DID have motive and opportunity.

oh, and $4.5 million was awarded to Egan and his co-plaintiffs which brock and his fiddler friends have not yet repaid.

at the time of judgement brock and his fiddler friends absconded and fled the country. (very guilty move)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: