Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ummm guys we're in Forbes  (Read 1293 times)
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 04:26:27 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/30/how-technology-complicates-the-war-on-drugs-guns-and-drugs-for-sale-online/

Ok it's mainly based on the latest Gawker piece but LOL this is forbes.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 04:43:38 PM

Nothing about this article is good for Bitcoin, but it does make me want to go buy some AK-47s.

EDIT: I do question anyone's ability to "ship" an AK-47 to a country that outlaws such an item for consumer purchase. How lucky do you have to be to actually receive one with all the security in the postal services of the world these days? They open a box of cookies if I order to South Korea for god's sake.

Bigpiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 04:51:33 PM

Nothing about this article is good for Bitcoin, but it does make me want to go buy some AK-47s.

I agree with you on that in general terms. But it will garner more attention, now it just remains to be seen what direction this will push the project and prices in.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 04:52:46 PM

EDIT: I do question anyone's ability to "ship" an AK-47 to a country that outlaws such an item for consumer purchase. How lucky do you have to be to actually receive one with all the security in the postal services of the world these days? They open a box of cookies if I order to South Korea for god's sake.

Really? I get packages all the time. Like probably something approaching 40 in the 4 years I've lived in Korea. 2 of those have been opened by Korean customs. One of those had a bottle of advil in it that was in the box it comes from the store. The package was opened, and the store box was opened, but the bottle itself was still sealed, so they obviously weren't really all that serious about seeing what was in there.

None of these packages has ever had duty assessed.

To be at least somewhat on topic, as far as shipping guns, they probably just take it apart and ship it in pieces in different packages. Probably no laws against shipping pieces of metal, plastic, and wood around.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 05:03:57 PM

Really? I get packages all the time. Like probably something approaching 40 in the 4 years I've lived in Korea. 2 of those have been opened by Korean customs. One of those had a bottle of advil in it that was in the box it comes from the store. The package was opened, and the store box was opened, but the bottle itself was still sealed, so they obviously weren't really all that serious about seeing what was in there.

None of these packages has ever had duty assessed.

To be at least somewhat on topic, as far as shipping guns, they probably just take it apart and ship it in pieces in different packages. Probably no laws against shipping pieces of metal, plastic, and wood around.

In Korea, you can't ship gun parts either. Owning gun parts is also illegal here. Although I agree with you that customs may be lax in actually checking packages, whenever an x-ray is done and anything even remotely like a gun is being sent, they confiscate it. I can't even get paintball gun gas canisters sent or allowed in my luggage.

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 07:18:00 PM

In Russia, the recruits are fleeing from the army with a AК47 (the army in Russia worse than prison) to sell and the money spent to help starving relatives (often parents) This is not Moscow, is Russia, this is a very different country. I am from Russia. Not in Moscow. I was offered AK47 for $ 200  Grin

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 07:21:03 PM

In Russia, the recruits are fleeing from the army with a AК47 (the army in Russia worse than prison) to sell and the money spent to help starving relatives (often parents) This is not Moscow, is Russia, this is a very different country. I am from Russia. Not in Moscow. I was offered AK47 for $ 200  Grin
In Soviet Russia, AK47 offers $200 for you. =p

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 07:27:31 PM

In Soviet Russia, AK47 offers $200 for you. =p
It was a long time. I do not agree. I sent the seller "to dick" ("нa xyй") fool.  Grin

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:24:52 PM

I was offered AK47 for $ 200  Grin

Missed investment opportunity, AK47 in good hands can make more than $200 Wink

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: