Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small btc payment stuck for 2 hours :(  (Read 2142 times)
dan14941 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:39:37 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 05:01:00 AM by dan14941

Huh Huh My transaction has been stuck for 2 hours and not confirmed and i would really like to send more btc to something else but i cant because blockchain.info has to have no unconfirmed payments to send more Sad
Transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/eb96fa05f6f1d803d0c9950347dba0c2794770c3510c7304e087fd3c0b49568b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 12:42:50 PM

Estimated Confirmation Time    Within 6 Blocks (Medium Priority)

Reasons:

Output less than 0.01 BTC

Nonstandard fee of 0.00000001 BTC, which is the same as no fee so you would have been just as well off to not send a fee at all.

If you wanted this done fast you would have needed to use the standard/recommended fee of 0.0001 BTC.

Just wait a few hours and it will most likely get done.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:04:52 PM

Huh Huh My transaction has been stuck for 2 hours and not confirmed and i would really like to send more btc to something else but i cant because blockchain.info has to have no unconfirmed payments to send more Sad
Transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/eb96fa05f6f1d803d0c9950347dba0c2794770c3510c7304e087fd3c0b49568b

You are just paying 0.00000001 BTC as fee.
Free transaction normally takes a longer time to get confirmed, sometimes hours or days, and sometimes never.
You can only wait patiently now at this stage, and you may re-broadcast the tx or create a new tx a day or so later.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:14:40 PM

It should be confirmed eventually. If not you should be able to use those inputs in a later transaction once the nodes and miners forget this transaction.

If you want your transaction to be processed quickly you must send at least the minimum fee which is 0.0001 per kB, any less doesn't cut it - it's pretty much the same as having a no fee transaction. Very rarely will you be able to send without a fee and get away with quick confirmations. Just follow what your client sets and don't mess around with fees and you should be right.
dan14941 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:37:44 PM

It should be confirmed eventually. If not you should be able to use those inputs in a later transaction once the nodes and miners forget this transaction.

If you want your transaction to be processed quickly you must send at least the minimum fee which is 0.0001 per kB, any less doesn't cut it - it's pretty much the same as having a no fee transaction. Very rarely will you be able to send without a fee and get away with quick confirmations. Just follow what your client sets and don't mess around with fees and you should be right.
How do I use the inputs later with blockchain.info?
And how would I send another payment without waiting for this one from blockchain.info?
dan14941 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

You are just paying 0.00000001 BTC as fee.
Free transaction normally takes a longer time to get confirmed, sometimes hours or days, and sometimes never.
You can only wait patiently now at this stage, and you may re-broadcast the tx or create a new tx a day or so later.
How do I rebroadcast cast with blockchain.info?
Or do I need the client?
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:51:21 PM

And how would I send another payment without waiting for this one from blockchain.info?
Or do I need the client?

AFAIK, if your transaction doesn't get included in a block in a day or so, you will have your bitcoin back to your original address with blockchain.info, as if nothing has ever happened.

You could then create a new transaction, and please include min fee then.

antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:52:42 PM

This is perfectly normal. Especially when you don't add the minimum fee. The miner;s are going to take longer verifying your transaction.
dan14941 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

Or do I need the client?

AFAIK, if your transaction doesn't get included in a block in a day or so, you will have your bitcoin back to your original address with blockchain.info, as if nothing has ever happened.

Still been 8 hours and nothing
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:16:24 PM

Or do I need the client?

Give it some time.  I believe transactions with no fee added (1 satoshi really is no fee) can take up to days to process.
Next time, just add the recommended fee, 0.0001 BTC.
dan14941 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:25:15 PM

Or do I need the client?

Give it some time.  I believe transactions with no fee added (1 satoshi really is no fee) can take up to days to process.
Next time, just add the recommended fee, 0.0001 BTC.
If I added a fee of 0.00005 would it go through?
deebob

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:13:57 AM

It`s in limbo even w. the fee. It happens every once in awhile.

All you can really do is wait it out.. it`ll go through.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:51:57 AM

If I added a fee of 0.00005 would it go through?
If I recall correctly most miners will treat that the same as no fee at all.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
queptiv

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:59:49 AM

I've always considered this a strange concept

at what point do miners forget a transaction? I've had stuck transactions when I sent from some wallets (even with fees)
AirC

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:36:17 AM

at what point do miners forget a transaction? I've had stuck transactions when I sent from some wallets (even with fees)

Dont worry too much, as someone mentioned earlier. It just needs a node to confirm the transaction amount.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:40:33 AM

What strange concept?

You find that it is strange to pay someone to use their resources to provide you with a service you desire?  You think everyone in the world owes you whatever you desire in exchange for nothing?

at what point do miners forget a transaction?

There is no specific amount of time.  Typically a few days for most of them.

I've had stuck transactions when I sent from some wallets (even with fees)

How big were the transactions (in bytes)?  How much was the fee?

queptiv

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:17:11 AM

What strange concept?

You find that it is strange to pay someone to use their resources to provide you with a service you desire?  You think everyone in the world owes you whatever you desire in exchange for nothing?
How big were the transactions (in bytes)?  How much was the fee?

That was an interesting leap in logic, I don't feel compelled to clarify what 'strange concept' I was referring to, it makes your awkward non sequitur more entertaining

The client sent larger than required fees, the same amount for all transactions, but broadcast them in a way that miners would not readily accept
AirC

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:31:33 AM

Is this still stuck or no?
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:38:50 AM

Is this still stuck or no?
As of the time of this response, yes it is still stuck.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:42:42 AM

That was an interesting leap in logic, I don't feel compelled to clarify what 'strange concept' I was referring to, it makes your awkward non sequitur more entertaining

Leap in logic?

OP complains that his transaction has not confirmed.

OP is told that he did not include a sufficient fee for confirmation.

You reply with:

There really isn't much of a leap there.

Either you are saying that you find the requirement to include a sufficient fee to be a strange concept...

Or you are posting off topic in the thread.

The client sent larger than required fees, the same amount for all transactions, but broadcast them in a way that miners would not readily accept

There are no guarantees with bitcoin.  Each solo miner (or pool) is free to behave however they like as far as maintaining lists of unconfirmed transactions they've received.  However, generally, most solo miners (or pools) don't bother at all remembering transactions that they don't accept.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: