Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshicarnival - Please Withdraw Funds - Auction to sell the site Starting Soon  (Read 17755 times)
2017orso (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:09:45 PM

Any updates on the statement release?

We're almost finished making the required changes and will release the statement as well as re-open the website within 2-3 hours.

Thanks for your patience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

We have released a public statement on our server.  Please find it here:

https://satoshicarnival.co/documents/statement-06-27-2014.pdf

Site will be back online and withdrawals processing as soon as we implement all the required features and confirm it is properly functional.

Thank you for your patience.
2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:29:41 PM

We have released a public statement on our server.  Please find it here:

Site will be back online and withdrawals processing as soon as we implement all the required features and confirm it is properly functional.

Wow who would have suggested that this would have happened wait - I did.

Are you covering all 5.6BTC?

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to or when you suggested this would happen?  You knew about our vulnerability?  Were you a member at our site?

Were you always following our thread or were you waiting for me to reply, how did you know about our vulnerability please and why didn't you mention it previously?  I have never seen you in this thread before.

kuji kiri

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:38:32 PM

You should be using sha512hmac() it's designed for seed-key combinations.
2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:42:56 PM

You should be using sha512hmac() it's designed for seed-key combinations.

Christian and Wiebe will see that and respond thanks.
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Thanks for releasing this. Now just to be clear, the site will be back up before any withdrawals are processed?

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:45:34 PM

Thanks for releasing this. Now just to be clear, the site will be back up before any withdrawals are processed?

Yes,

withdrawals have to be initiated from the site for proper accounting and processing.  It shouldn't take long however.  And all withdrawals will be processed right away when we're back up.
CryptoKilla

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:47:52 PM

Yes,

withdrawals have to be initiated from the site for proper accounting and processing.  It shouldn't take long however.  And all withdrawals will be processed right away when we're back up.

Is there any way to cancel my request and just leave it in my balance? Or will I need to just re deposit the coins back to my account?

2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:52:23 PM

Yes,

Is there any way to cancel my request and just leave it in my balance? Or will I need to just re deposit the coins back to my account?

If it is a cold wallet request you can cancel it yes or I can cancel it for you after we re-launch.

For the time being we are not touching the wallets or their administration in any way until the site is back online.
CryptoKilla

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:00:50 PM

Yes,

If it is a cold wallet request you can cancel it yes or I can cancel it for you after we re-launch.

For the time being we are not touching the wallets or their administration in any way until the site is back online.

Yes mine was a cold wallet request. Just let me know when the site is back up so I can put the request in.

Thanks!

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

good thing you noticed that in time, i already thought something like that. As it was pretty curious to see some people almost always winning.

I have noticed it earlier as well, but not on such a large scale.

This also explains why i often saw players always winning when they bet large amounts and only losing 10 satoshis on a bet when they lost (i even thought in my head wow, it's just like they predict WHEN they win)

at first i was just like well, maybe they are just crazy lucky, but when the bankroll started to dwindle by several bitcoins in an hour i started getting worried about compromised security.
2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

good thing you noticed that in time, i already thought something like that. As it was pretty curious to see some people almost always winning.

I have noticed it earlier as well, but not on such a large scale.

This also explains why i often saw players always winning when they bet large amounts and only losing 10 satoshis on a bet when they lost (i even thought in my head wow, it's just like they predict WHEN they win)

at first i was just like well, maybe they are just crazy lucky, but when the bankroll started to dwindle by several bitcoins in an hour i started getting worried about compromised security.

You have a keen eye then.

It's a slipperyslope attempting to attach patterns to the arbitrary manifestations of true randomness, and we didn't want to bar honest players from simply winning.

Moving forward however, we will have more safety measures in place to block and ban accounts as well we won't hesitate to turn off betting in the case of suspicious activity.

zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:29:30 PM

thanks for taking this very swift and professional approach, if anything this event shows how trustworthy and professional the staff really is, and it made the website more secure.

We are lucky to have it happen now rather than later. A loss of 7 or 8 bitcoin or so, while sad, is not a disaster. If it were to happen later and hundreds, if not thousands of bitcoins would be stolen, it would have been a disaster.

I fully trust Ali, Wiebe and Christiaan and their story is not fake, i can verify the story, I had nothing to do with the stolen bitcoin but i know that it is possible to predict the seeds by manipulating them in the way as described.

I already noticed the flaw myself before the admins did however i did not recognize it as a flaw, only after it happened i realized it in retrospect. If i would have realized it sooner i would have told them. I will keep an eye on any future flaws, however the current solution seems to have no flaws as far as i can tell. And as i said before i indeed noticed strange betting patterns, however back than i wrote them of as luck.

But i can, in retrospect, guarantee that i have seen some people covering up bets even days ago, by winning all their bets but waiting for other gamblers to make 100 bets or so to cover up that they always won (but i still noticed, and just thought they were very lucky, even though i thought it was strange they stopped betting for 15 minutes or so just to win a bet 15 minutes later and repeat over a period of several hours).

It would look a bit like this:

Code:
Gambler A won 0.0100
Gambler B lost 0.00000001
{...}
Gambelr A won 0.01
{...}
Gambelr A won 0.01
CryptoKilla

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:36:19 PM

I still can't believe this happened Sad  some people are just POS that have to screw everything up for the rest of us. I'm glad the staff has acted professionally though. Now all we can do is wait for the site to come back up..

2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

thanks for taking this very swift and professional approach, if anything this event shows how trustworthy and professional the staff really is, and it made the website more secure.

We are lucky to have it happen now rather than later. A loss of 7 or 8 bitcoin or so, while sad, is not a disaster. If it were to happen later and hundreds, if not thousands of bitcoins would be stolen, it would have been a disaster.

I fully trust Ali, Wiebe and Christiaan and their story is not fake, i can verify the story, I had nothing to do with the stolen bitcoin but i know that it is possible to predict the seeds by manipulating them in the way as described.

I already noticed the flaw myself before the admins did however i did not recognize it as a flaw, only after it happened i realized it in retrospect. If i would have realized it sooner i would have told them. I will keep an eye on any future flaws, however the current solution seems to have no flaws as far as i can tell. And as i said before i indeed noticed strange betting patterns, however back than i wrote them of as luck.

But i can, in retrospect, guarantee that i have seen some people covering up bets even days ago, by winning all their bets but waiting for other gamblers to make 100 bets or so to cover up that they always won (but i still noticed, and just thought they were very lucky, even though i thought it was strange they stopped betting for 15 minutes or so just to win a bet 15 minutes later and repeat over a period of several hours).

Thanks for your support zimmah, you're a pleasure to have here and in chat.

Please bear in mind though, this exploit would not have allowed anyone to 'always win'.  What they were able to do, was ensure a win on every 10th roll.

A list of the suspected account names will be made public soon.

EDIT:  I see I may have misrepresented what you were saying as you now provided an accurate representation of the exploitation's betting string.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:40:51 PM

Yes, that would explain why someone would make 9 small bets and then suddenly a very large bet and win.

I have seen that happen a lot too.

I will still support you with my investments and other kinds of support.

You are in my opinion the #1 gambling site and you are very professional.

I am glad i have found you guys, I am sorry for your loss, but I'm sure you will make it back reasonably quickly.

When i saw some people with a lot of luck i started to look out of curiosity if they used martingale or flat bets, i also tried to chat with them but they usually did not reply to me. Then i noticed a strange betting pattern as well, in which they often bet minimum amount but every now and than they would bet maximum and win, every single time. I'm sorry for not telling you about it sooner but i just didn't want to blame potentially honest players, especially because i am an investor i did not want to look like a greed who can't take a loss. I don't mind losing some of my investment to fair players, that's part of the game. But when +2.5% profit turns to -20% in a flash there's something fishy.
CryptoKilla

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:47:01 PM

Yes, that would explain why someone would make 9 small bets and then suddenly a very large bet and win.

I am glad i have found you guys, I am sorry for your loss, but I'm sure you will make it back reasonably quickly.

I'm glad that this person was stupid enough to make it noticeable for you so quickly. Just think if they had not been so greedy and let in drag on over time very slowly or until the house roll was much larger. It could have been much much worse. I'm sorry for your loss here don't get me wrong.. I'm just trying to look at the positive things here.

2017orso (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:48:20 PM

I'm glad that this person was stupid enough to make it noticeable for you so quickly. Just think if they had not been so greedy and let in drag on over time very slowly or until the house roll was much larger. It could have been much much worse. I'm sorry for your loss here don't get me wrong.. I'm just trying to look at the positive things here.

Good point.

Dishonest actors are usually much more foolish then they believe themselves to be.  If that weren't the case, there would be no need for them to be dishonest to find their happiness or whatever derivative makes sense to them.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:49:20 PM

even if they continued slowly, in a couple of days i would have noticed and found out what the problem was. I was already subconsciously aware of it.
CryptoKilla

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:55:41 PM

even if they continued slowly, in a couple of days i would have noticed and found out what the problem was. I was already subconsciously aware of it.

I'm glad you were staying on top of things here. You're one of the originals, like myself and it's nice to see other members paying attention to these things besides the mods/owners.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: