Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curecoin to beat Litecoin!  (Read 3853 times)
cameronpalte (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:50:26 PM

darkcoin has a better chance to do so, litecoin is beatable, seeing how it doesn't offer anything new anymore, because no difference between scrypt and sha256 now

yes a horribly launched premined coin will overtake Litecoin.

funny thing is that litecoin was instamine even worse lmao

And the premine was for the folding and no one has access - if the developers tried to take any you could sue them in the US.

And as was already said - litecoin launch was worse.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:51:46 PM

"Curecoin to beat Litecoin!"

let's get serious here , this crap will never overtake Litecoin.

Do you have a particular reason for this?

Litecoin has been around much longer and is seen by the community as being Bitcoin's silver. It's much more than just a coin, and what it contributes or doesn't is irrelevant. It's going to be tough to kick it off the pedestal people have put it on.

I disagree. I think coins that don't contribute anything will eventually die out. I think when it no longer contributes anything it will die out (such as scrypt not working anymore). Still it will require effort.

almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:02:22 PM

Is there really any direct statistical correlation between a pre-mine and the success of a coin ?

I believe bitcoin was extensively pre-mined, & people here are saying litecoin was majorly premined.

a lot of junk/scam currency use the pre-mine as one of their strategies, but it seems a premine, in spite of it's dangers, is not in & of itself the kiss of death.

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:18:06 PM

Is there really any direct statistical correlation between a pre-mine and the success of a coin ?

I believe bitcoin was extensively pre-mined, & people here are saying litecoin was majorly premined.

a lot of junk/scam currency use the pre-mine as one of their strategies, but it seems a premine, in spite of it's dangers, is not in & of itself the kiss of death.

The pre-mine doesn't affect it because it depends what percent and what it was used for. A lot of junk coins use it but good coins that have it (such as Litecoin) use it for something useful to further the services that accept the coin ect. which is why it isn't the kiss of death.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:58:09 PM

Litecoin has been around much longer and is seen by the community as being Bitcoin's silver. It's much more than just a coin, and what it contributes or doesn't is irrelevant. It's going to be tough to kick it off the pedestal people have put it on.

I disagree. I think coins that don't contribute anything will eventually die out. I think when it no longer contributes anything it will die out (such as scrypt not working anymore). Still it will require effort.

So by that logic you also feel that Bitcoin is going to die off now, right? I just can't fathom that, being that there are hundreds of millions of dollars invested already and many other big-name people are coming on board. If either of those died, I would be pretty amazed.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
almond

Activity: 407

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:35:56 AM

China seemed more enthusiastic about litecoin than the west. There seemed to be more litecoin infrastructure there.

I think it's slow reduction in crypto's has hurt litecoin proportionally more than bitcoin.
Also, it's going to be interesting to see what happens to litecoin when the block reward halves, sometime in October.

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:14:22 AM

Darkcoin's anonymity features can be built on top of Litecoin. Darkcoin is horribly launched and premined trash.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:34:29 AM

Darkcoin's anonymity features can be built on top of Litecoin. Darkcoin is horribly launched and premined trash.

I'm sort of with you on this. I haven't really seen any pushes for Darkcoin other than "hey, it's anonymous!" Any coin can have that added. They haven't really done any marketing or anything I'm aware of, so the pumps that have been going on I think are just temporary.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:37:57 AM

I'm sort of with you on this. I haven't really seen any pushes for Darkcoin other than "hey, it's anonymous!" Any coin can have that added. They haven't really done any marketing or anything I'm aware of, so the pumps that have been going on I think are just temporary.

Fair point - but I doubt they will add it on to Litecoin especially because I think Darkcoin could die soon and if it does everyone will forget about it.

buttersX

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:05:57 AM

Fair point - but I doubt they will add it on to Litecoin especially because I think Darkcoin could die soon and if it does everyone will forget about it.

I agree that lots of coins could have it added (bitcoin already does with Darkwallet), but it innovates every bit as much as litecoin.  They're the first of their kind doing their own thing.

I don't know much about curecoin, but it sounds neat.  I wonder if the proof-of-work is truly random/secure though, or if it's going to be problematic like gridcoin.  If the problems you're trying to solve aren't that random in nature, they can be less useful as proof-of-work algorithms.
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:14:33 PM

I agree that lots of coins could have it added (bitcoin already does with Darkwallet), but it innovates every bit as much as litecoin.  They're the first of their kind doing their own thing.

I don't know much about curecoin, but it sounds neat.  I wonder if the proof-of-work is truly random/secure though, or if it's going to be problematic like gridcoin.  If the problems you're trying to solve aren't that random in nature, they can be less useful as proof-of-work algorithms.

Their is a huge list of problems we are trying to solve and then the one your particular computer is trying to solve is more random I believe. Litecoin and Darkcoin as still the first of their kind - and curecoin has a lot of the problems that existed with gridcoin removed.

anonerd

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:37:02 PM

see how gridcoin grew (and prepare for major release on monday):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623761.new#new

Still waisting energy on Proof-of-Work? Use your Rigs for scientific progress!
Member of Gridcoin-Germany - http://uscore.net (en) - http://uscore.de (de) - http://gridcoin.us (ann)
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:40:19 PM

darkcoin has a better chance to do so, litecoin is beatable, seeing how it doesn't offer anything new anymore, because no difference between scrypt and sha256 now

This^^

Most of Litecoins in existence are in the hands of a few users.

But people like El Dude rant about any coin that he missed the "train ride" on. It's pathetic.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:32:21 PM

This^^

Most of Litecoins in existence are in the hands of a few users.

But people like El Dude rant about any coin that he missed the "train ride" on. It's pathetic.

Yup - but I'm ok with Litecoin like that - unlike most people on this forum I think developers should get a few percent of the coin for their work.

cameronpalte (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

Though why are so many developers against the developers gettng some money.

Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:53:24 PM

Saw a 70 btc buy wall for curecoin yesterday on poloniex, I don't know if it means something for you guys but for me it does...
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:10:18 PM

I don't think they'd add it to Litecoin for a different reason: while anonymity is somewhat important, the government would try to crack down on that. We need to be open to them being able to see what is happening, otherwise we've already seen how easily they can knock out exchanges and take other companies off board.

ThePurplePlanet

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:26:15 PM

What do you guys think about Nxt?

NXT and the rest of Proof of Stake vaporware cannot be decentralized... People are too easy in buying junk they know nothing about
lopalcar

Activity: 312

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:12:32 PM

What do you guys think about Nxt?

NXT and the rest of Proof of Stake vaporware cannot be decentralized... People are too easy in buying junk they know nothing about

Proof of stake is the less important thing in nxt, if you don't understand what nxt is, I'm sorry for you, you seem to stay in the group of people which you are talking about.
I don't know what's you interpretation of decentraliced, but one of us should be wrong
Nxt is the first ecosystem which will allow a full economic system over it, it leaves bitcoin completely obsolete and when people realize and starts to understand nxt it will surpass bitcoin easily.
And for all of those which are complaining about distribution, with the same money invested into nxt as in bitcoin, you will earn around 200 times bigger percentague of total coin supply, I mean, for new investors, they always will have less proportion of bitcoin than nxt if they decide to invest in one of them. Bitcoin have even poor distribution "or similar" to nxt, the only problem is that this forum is full of miners which only can process "mine->dump->profit" and everything which isn't earned magically with their gpus is bad, am I wrong?
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:15:00 PM

buy gridcoin too and the other one..ripple i think? ..you know those altcoins connected to science

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: