Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:00:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Records of internet activity....  (Read 9870 times)
Anonymous

July 29, 2010, 02:19:40 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/28/AR2010072806141.html

Feels bad man....

What is your opinion on this story in the washington post?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 02:23:01 PM

FFFUUUUUUUU...

Just one more reason to vote in November.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
Anonymous

July 29, 2010, 02:25:15 PM

FFFUUUUUUUU...

The only certainty is that a politician will win. Embarrassed
Anonymous

July 29, 2010, 02:39:00 PM

FFFUUUUUUUU...

AMEN! Doesn't matter who is in control. All they want is the control.

Do any bitcoin users have carrier pidgeons?

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 03:19:43 PM

FFFUUUUUUUU...

AMEN! Doesn't matter who is in control. All they want is the control.

Do any bitcoin users have carrier pidgeons?

Maybe somebody should develop flying delivery bots for small delivery.

Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 05:32:20 PM

Meh, there have been SOME politicians who are honest.  Granted, they're few and far between, but Colonel Allen West, from Florida, is one example of someone who has a long history of being a man of integrity.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
lachesis

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 10:28:34 PM

Just another reason to get working on over-the-wire encryption.

Bitcoin Calculator | Scallion | GPG Key | WoT Rating | 1QGacAtYA7E8V3BAiM7sgvLg7PZHk5WnYc
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 10:41:34 PM

Just another reason to get working on over-the-wire encryption.

+1 agreed

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
ichi

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2010, 01:37:40 AM

There are technologies for going off the record.  People have been working on this since at least the mid 1990s.  There are several cypherpunk darknets.
Anonymous

July 30, 2010, 05:32:15 AM

Meh, there have been SOME politicians who are honest.  Granted, they're few and far between, but Colonel Allen West, from Florida, is one example of someone who has a long history of being a man of integrity.

The gap between different political parties is closer than the gap between politicians and everyone else.In reality there is no discernible difference.Ron Paul is maybe the only politician with any integrity,although his policies on immigration leave a lot to be desired.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2010, 05:40:08 AM

Use TOR for anonymity when dealing with bitcoins (and other subversive activities) online.

But yeah Tim May of the Cypher Punks and founder of crypto-anarchism, an ideology that expounds the use of strong public-key cryptography to enforce privacy and individual freedom, was dealing with this stuff back in the early 1990's.  Even back then, Bill Clinton was trying to mandate eveyone use a Clipper Chip...here is Tim May's opinion on the police state tyranny that the clipper chip.

Oh yeah...and I don't vote.  It only encourages them.  There is no contractual obligation for a politician to follow-up on his campaign promises, which is why they rarely do.  If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
ichi

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2010, 06:03:59 AM

Anyone at defcon?  Didn't work for me this year  Cry
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2010, 06:14:18 AM

Use TOR for anonymity when dealing with bitcoins (and other subversive activities) online.

But yeah Tim May of the Cypher Punks and founder of crypto-anarchism, an ideology that expounds the use of strong public-key cryptography to enforce privacy and individual freedom, was dealing with this stuff back in the early 1990's.  Even back then, Bill Clinton was trying to mandate eveyone use a Clipper Chip...here is Tim May's opinion on the police state tyranny that the clipper chip.

Oh yeah...and I don't vote.  It only encourages them.  There is no contractual obligation for a politician to follow-up on his campaign promises, which is why they rarely do.  If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

I don't vote either. I think it's wrong. I don't want anyone to force me and I will absolutely not attempt to use government to force others to do what I want. That said, voting is like attacking someone with a toothpick, it's almost never going to matter.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

July 30, 2010, 07:14:55 AM

But yeah Tim May of the Cypher Punks and founder of crypto-anarchism, an ideology that expounds the use of strong public-key cryptography to enforce privacy and individual freedom, was dealing with this stuff back in the early 1990's.  Even back then, Bill Clinton was trying to mandate eveyone use a Clipper Chip...here is Tim May's opinion on the police state tyranny that the clipper chip.

Oh yeah...and I don't vote.  It only encourages them.  There is no contractual obligation for a politician to follow-up on his campaign promises, which is why they rarely do.  If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

I don't vote either. I think it's wrong. I don't want anyone to force me and I will absolutely not attempt to use government to force others to do what I want. That said, voting is like attacking someone with a toothpick, it's almost never going to matter.

Neither do I vote.We actually get fined for not voting here but I've never paid them.Its not much but every little bit of pushback helps.Thanks fore the articles Em3rgent..
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2010, 09:45:06 AM

But yeah Tim May of the Cypher Punks and founder of crypto-anarchism, an ideology that expounds the use of strong public-key cryptography to enforce privacy and individual freedom, was dealing with this stuff back in the early 1990's.  Even back then, Bill Clinton was trying to mandate eveyone use a Clipper Chip...here is Tim May's opinion on the police state tyranny that the clipper chip.

Oh yeah...and I don't vote.  It only encourages them.  There is no contractual obligation for a politician to follow-up on his campaign promises, which is why they rarely do.  If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

Neither do I vote.We actually get fined for not voting here but I've never paid them.Its not much but every little bit of pushback helps.Thanks fore the articles Em3rgent..

Right, Australia. I heard about that. iirc, if you never registered they don't even bother you and if you did they want you to claim illness or similar. to avoid the fine. Is that roughly the case?

I also remember hearing a non-trivial % fouled their ballots and thinking that was pretty damning to the idea that people don't vote because they are lazy. Hundreds of thousands of people who were in booths weren't willing to sanction their masters.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

July 30, 2010, 12:44:32 PM

Right, Australia. I heard about that. iirc, if you never registered they don't even bother you and if you did they want you to claim illness or similar. to avoid the fine. Is that roughly the case?

I also remember hearing a non-trivial % fouled their ballots and thinking that was pretty damning to the idea that people don't vote because they are lazy. Hundreds of thousands of people who were in booths weren't willing to sanction their masters.

13 years of public school brainwashing is a powerful thing.By the time you wake up you are already in the system.Unless you hear the truth about liberty you go about blissfully unaware that you have been deceived.What you thought was a system designed to help you is in fact a mafia gang with an education program. Smiley
Anonymous

July 30, 2010, 02:01:42 PM

Anyone at defcon?  Didn't work for me this year  Cry

Little off topic, but man I wish I was... I thought about driving there yesterday morning. Didn't work out with a schedule or family this year.

Would you war drive there? Tongue
Anonymous

July 30, 2010, 02:12:39 PM

13 years of public school brainwashing is a powerful thing.By the time you wake up you are already in the system.Unless you hear the truth about liberty you go about blissfully unaware that you have been deceived.What you thought was a system designed to help you is in fact a mafia gang with an education program. Smiley

The thing I am most against is the idea that these so called representatives can do things that if i did them would be a crime.No group of people should have more power than the individual in the group.Animal Farm comes to mind where some are more equal than others.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:43:07 PM

All I know is that my security system alerts me of an attack on my pc in the past month more then multiple years of use in the past.  It is so creepy when I'll doing nothing any my alert goes of multiple times a day...

edit:  wow I thought this threas was a few months old not years maybe I should have started a new thread lol
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:18:36 PM

Now I feel so free because I don't live in the USA Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: