Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:26:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy a mobile phone to your relative in Havana, Cuba  (Read 1790 times)
bitCUin (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 11:31:40 PM

I have a new, unused mobile phone. I'm willing to sell it for some BTC. If you or your friend have a relative in Havana and want to send him/her the phone as a present, just let me know.

Please PM if you're insterested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 12:14:33 AM

I have a new, unused mobile phone. I'm willing to sell it for some BTC. If you or your friend have a relative in Havana and want to send him/her the phone as a present, just let me know.

Wait, are you in Cuba?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
bitCUin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 12:58:45 AM

Wait, are you in Cuba?

Yes.

----
Donations accepted to 1CroHwhuh5kPAofUiWRyRrnK4tNGFfH1k3.
Thanks.
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 01:52:29 AM

It's a set-up. He's a Fed, and they're trying to build their case against Bitcoin. Illegal plants and poker are nothing compared to doing business with the commies.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 04:21:48 AM

Bitcoin use in an other-than-first-world nation?  Unpossible!

Let this thread be an object lesson to those detractors who claim that Bitcoin can't work in such places; not only do we have Chinese nationals on this forum using Bitcoin, but we now have a real communist!  Wink

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
bitCUin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 05:54:06 AM

Bitcoin use in an other-than-first-world nation?  Unpossible!

Let this thread be an object lesson to those detractors who claim that Bitcoin can't work in such places; not only do we have Chinese nationals on this forum using Bitcoin, but we now have a real communist!  Wink

I think Bitcoin can work wherever you have a geek crazy enough with some internet access. The more not-first-world'ed the more craziness needed.

Fed and real communist at the same time? I'd call it a type mismatch Smiley

----
An anoying bitcoin in your wallet? Throw it to 1CroHwhuh5kPAofUiWRyRrnK4tNGFfH1k3.
Thanks.
Vasco
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 07:07:09 AM

What other services and products perchance might be available or of interest to Cuban bitcoiners?

Anonymous

April 21, 2011, 07:26:23 AM

Where can I get some cuban cigars for bitcoins ?
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 08:09:18 AM

Now you're talking! Beautiful cigars are (comparatively) very cheap in Cuba.
bitCUin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 08:26:10 AM

Drop a PM if you plan to visit the country.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 08:55:16 AM

If you're serious I can hook that up.

Cuban Cigars are one of the few things I've thought I could offer to the Bitcoin community. I've been meaning to do an inventory of my humidor and see what I have available that I'd be willing to sell. I just didn't really think there would be a demand. I'm pretty hooked up in the online cigar community, although I haven't been that active in the public forums in the last year or so. I've been to Cuba 4 times and done a ton of buying on behalf of others. Name it and I can probably track it down.

Actually, I'll start a different thread to avoid hijacking this one any more.

FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 12:32:48 PM

¿Boca floja?

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: