Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing The QuickCoin Social Wallet  (Read 7961 times)
QuickCoin (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:46:32 AM

https://i.imgur.com/qvjOXOG.png

The Easiest Way to Get People Started With Bitcoin.

Greetings BitcoinTalk!

Today we would like to announce our first product, the QuickCoin Social Wallet.

We’ve developed a beautiful html5 wallet that works on virtually every device. Send Bitcoin to friends and family through Facebook, even if they don’t know what Bitcoin is! They don’t even need to be signed up yet to receive it.

Until now, it’s been challenging to get people started with Bitcoin. Existing wallet software works well for hardcore bitcoin users but is far too intimidating and difficult to use for regular people.

As of today, consider that a problem of the past! QuickCoin makes it so simple, you could send bitcoin to your grandparents, they’d get a link on their Facebook and once signed in they have bitcoin.

Here’s a cool demo video we made to help explain it, http://vimeo.com/94730113.

Our Goals:
Help increase bitcoin adoption to the point that eventually people are using bitcoin all over the world without even thinking about it because the experience is so seamless it doesn’t interfere with their life.

Our Solution:
- Web Based
- Facebook integration.
- Simple, beautiful, elegant interface
- One Click and you’re in, One click to send
- HD Wallet [BIP32] (we don’t have access to your private keys)

What’s next?

We’re adding more social networks, creating some amazing partnerships, and all kinds of awesome features that will blow your mind! Smiley

Help Spread Bitcoin!!
We all want to see bitcoin succeed and have a positive impact on the world. For that to happen, we’ve gotta get bitcoin out to the uninitiated… It starts with you!
QuickCoin is a tool to help people get started with bitcoin. For the first time ever:  a friend or family member asks you about bitcoin, you can just press a button and they've got some bitcoin and super simple wallet. You can also use it in other ways to help spread it, such as sending people a little bitcoin for their birthdays!

Thank you all for your support, any help tell people about QuickCoin and our goal to help spread bitcoin is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
The QuickCoin Team
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:12:09 AM

Good to see this popping up - I'm one who thinks integrated bitcoin/facebook will help mass adoption come sooner than later.

But as this is brand new, I request you provide way more info than the elevator pitch about what it is and does, and focus more particularly on how it does it, how it's secure, what info is required, a look under the hood...more details about how the ones clueless about bitcoin can figure it out easier (lest they consider it scammer spam and delete it!)

I would love to see this succeed so if you can provide way more info, I would look into it more.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:10:25 AM

Good luck with your business! This seems like a really good idea. I too would like to see some more information about security etc. before getting involved.

QuickCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:22:16 AM

Thank you for the positive energy serenitys and Ron~Popeil!

So before I go into any technical detail I'd like to mention who our team members are (we are all public figures):

Nathan Lands (CEO, Co-Founder)
William Cotton (CTO, Co-Founder)
Marshall Hayner (Co-Founder)
Jackson Palmer (Advisor, Creator Dogecoin)
Zach Klein (Advisor, Co-Founder Vimeo)

http://www.quickcoin.co/about

We're all very involved in the cryptocurrency community and always strive for full transparency in everything we do. We are also the creators behind The Bitcoin Fair:

http://www.coindesk.com/inaugural-bitcoin-fair-san-francisco-sees-high-turnout

We built our wallet around ease-of-use and simplicity. We never store or have access to anyone's private keys. Our wallet is deterministic and all of the work is done client-side, very similar to the way Blockchain.info works. Every new version we push comes with release notes. In our opinion deterministic wallets are the only way to go when it comes to web-wallets and we are firm believers in security.

We are working on putting up our Tech Blog where William and Marshall will be going into heavier technical detail.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:02:28 AM

Can we backup the wallet and can be imported on other wallet incase your website is not working?

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:13:42 AM

Great thing, I hope it works. I try currently to loggin, but it doesn't end loading. Maybe your servers are overloaded at the moment?

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:19:29 AM

Looks intersting and good luck! Definately keeping an eye on this, very useful and another step in knocking down the barrier of entry.

Maybe you could answer a couple of questions;

How do you plan to market the product towards the people you are targetting? After all most here wouldn't need a service such as this.

What are your fees/ how do you make your money?
C. Bergmann

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:45:51 AM

Got it. Firefox with ghostery seems to disturb the logging.

Like it very much.

Short feedback: Your wallet is beautifull and easy to use, but I miss an oversight about the transaction history. Also you should mention in the "send"-option that you can copy a bitcoin address to send it out of quickcoin. I just found this by trying.

I tried to send bitcoins back from your onlinewallet but didn't received it by now. But I am patient Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
TOKEN SALES
C. Bergmann

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:14:25 AM

update: send from quickcoin is working.

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
TOKEN SALES
QuickCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:54:25 PM

1) We believe everyone involved in the cryptocurrency space that has knowledge - should help spread it. QuickCoin Social Wallet is an excellent tool for doing this. I'm sure you've tried to turn someone on to bitcoin before and you hear "Uhhh, I'll come back to this later, I'll have to research it some more" (and then they never do). Our application breaks down that barrier. Don't have someone's public address but need to quickly blast them some money? With QuickCoin Social Wallet, no problem. Also - this is just the first application we have released of many, you can certainly expect more in the near future Smiley

2) Currently we don't charge any fees, everything is 100% free

3) We will figure out our business model once we have a strong user-base. We are also very open to community input on what you think the best ways to do this are. Rest assured our #1 priority is keeping our users happy!!!

Looks intersting and good luck! Definately keeping an eye on this, very useful and another step in knocking down the barrier of entry.

Maybe you could answer a couple of questions;

How do you plan to market the product towards the people you are targetting? After all most here wouldn't need a service such as this.

What are your fees/ how do you make your money?
C. Bergmann

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

I send a piece of bitcoin to a friend but he didn't accept it cause he is afraid of giving his facebook-data to someone else. I think you should clear since the first step that you don't sell the data and that it will be deleted if he unclinks his account.

Also, if you want to reach the mainstream, you should implement mousehoovers in the html that show the user what he can do to use it.

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
TOKEN SALES
CoinMKT.com

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:05:50 PM

Awesome stuff Quickcoin.  Look forward to seeing your growth.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

I'm definitely on the verge of signing up and trying it out but most of my list is either people who already know bitcoin or people who would delete it on sight/consider it scam spam...so I'm holding off just a bit longer to see if/how that particular issue might be handled.

But this, I feel will be a huge shift for adoption. I even posted on it a day or so before I saw this thread that if somebody came up with a way to integrate bitcoin with facebook, that'd be insanely huge...so I'm definitely hoping this ends up being on the Blockchain/Coinbase side of bitcoin and not the Gox/shady/scammy faucet side  Grin

PS I realize you're both independent companies and start ups but if you considered perhaps contacting Jeremy Allaire and the group with Circle, and could somehow form a little joint venture, it's quite probable both these companies efforts would make you all the kings of bitcoin mass adoption and set the bar that everyone after you will either strive to maintain, copy, or have to work hard just to compete with it.

PSS...and maybe offer all users a "share" of sorts in your company, or an affiliate option...

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
swecrypt

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:23:35 AM

3) We will figure out our business model once we have a strong user-base. We are also very open to community input on what you think the best ways to do this are. Rest assured our #1 priority is keeping our users happy!!!
OK, well I am not sure about the security here. You say that you don't have access to my private keys or wallet but how can I know this for sure?
What happens if I put 10 BTC in the wallet today and they magically disappears tomorrow? Do I get a refund or will you go bankrupt like MtGox? Wink
Can you please post a link to your terms of service? (A link that don't require registration, please).
Thanks.
hill

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:36:15 AM

i am in

Good Luck For Everyone!
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:54:39 PM

I registered to this one, decided to give it a go without hesitation.

I did not read the TOS, the registration was over in a few seconds.

Immediately loaded my account with 500,000 bits. It appeared in about 5 minutes and I started using it.

Sent 10k and 5k to my friends without asking their approval. One without public note, and the other with a wall post.

Fee is a very reasonable 100 bits (0.1mBTC = standard network fee) regardless of the amount.

There is no transaction history, which is a big minus.

I am interested what happens if the recipients reject the transaction.

I don't yet know anything about the technology.

TL;DR: WOW - this app alone is boosting Bitcoin price by $100+ in the remainder of 2014  Shocked

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:59:10 AM

Yet again excellent new app! This + services like Circle make bitcoin really easy to use. Good job guys!

Then again, we have Dark wallet and Openbazaar for different type of users  Tongue

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:03:13 AM

So I love the concept here, but I have a couple of questions:

1) What do you have in the way of transparency (ie. to ensure that you have all the coins you should and aren't running a fractional reserve)?

2) You can pm me on this one but do you all have any investor opportunities for this project or others?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:47:25 AM

Immediately loaded my account with 500,000 bits. It appeared in about 5 minutes and I started using it.

Sent 10k and 5k to my friends without asking their approval. One without public note, and the other with a wall post.

Fee is a very reasonable 100 bits (0.1mBTC = standard network fee) regardless of the amount.

TL;DR: WOW - this app alone is boosting Bitcoin price by $100+ in the remainder of 2014  Shocked

I have now sent to about 15 friends. One of my friends does not show up in the friends list and the "search" also does not find him. What's funny, he can send to me without problems.

Some of the transfers are experiencing delays.

Transaction history is still the most needed feature.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:50:08 AM

I have now sent to about 15 friends. One of my friends does not show up in the friends list and the "search" also does not find him. What's funny, he can send to me without problems.

Some of the transfers are experiencing delays.

Transaction history is still the most needed feature.

Have you tried making a withdrawal as well to see how that works out? And fees?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: