Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:15:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyhook Bitcoin ATM for Sale only $1040 with shipping included to USA  (Read 11391 times)
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:11:35 PM

These are awesome, but probably illegal in the US without an expensive and hard to get license, right?

What sort of license do you think exists in the US that would apply to this?

A money transmitter license. Its in the due diligence pdf that skyhook has you fill out before buying this machine. Obviously every state is different. But I read that only 1 company in the whole united states has gotten a money transmitter license for bitcoin atms. Apparently they cost up in the millions of dollars to get and about a year. I'll look into my state laws and find out what my scenario would be. I suggest you guys do the same before impulse buying one of these bad boys. The price is nice (for a finished and working model) and I think it looks very clean. Just not sure what the law might think. 

But...but...the EYE ARE ASS said BTC isn't money, it is property.  Why would anyone need a money transmitter license for something that is not money?

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:31:02 PM

These are awesome, but probably illegal in the US without an expensive and hard to get license, right?

What sort of license do you think exists in the US that would apply to this?

A money transmitter license. Its in the due diligence pdf that skyhook has you fill out before buying this machine. Obviously every state is different. But I read that only 1 company in the whole united states has gotten a money transmitter license for bitcoin atms. Apparently they cost up in the millions of dollars to get and about a year. I'll look into my state laws and find out what my scenario would be. I suggest you guys do the same before impulse buying one of these bad boys. The price is nice (for a finished and working model) and I think it looks very clean. Just not sure what the law might think. 

But...but...the EYE ARE ASS said BTC isn't money, it is property.  Why would anyone need a money transmitter license for something that is not money?

Because authoritative agencies rarely coordinate with each other when issuing regulatory guidance.

In any case, as others have said, not every state in the US considers BTC ATMs "money transmission."

Still around.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:33:38 PM

Do you ship to Ireland? any idea how much shipping would cost?
schiavonxv

Activity: 770
Merit: 515

Guto Schiavon / FOXBIT

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 11:24:29 AM

Hello, I want more info about this atm but nobody answer my emails.

███████████   ▄▄███████▄▄    ▄█▄      ▄█▄   █████████▄▄   ████  ██████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████████  ▀████▄  ▄████▀  ████▀▀▀▀████  ████  ▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀
████        ███████████████   ▀████████▀    ████    ▄███  ████       ████
█████████   ███████████████     ██████      ███████████   ████       ████
████▀▀▀▀▀   ███████████████   ▄████████▄    ████    ▀███  ████       ████
████        ▄█████████████  ▄████▀  ▀████▄  ████▄▄▄▄████  ████       ████
████      ▄███ ▀▀██████▀▀    ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █████████▀▀   ████       ████
         ▐███▌       ▄▄▄▄
         ▐█████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▄
          ▀██████████▄▀▀▀▀█▄
            ▀█████▀▀
██
║║
║║
║║
██
██
██
║║
║║
║║
██
██
║║
║║
║║
██
██
██
║║
║║
║║
██

▄████████████████▄
███████████▀▀▀▀███
█████████▀     ███
█████████   ██████
███████        ███
█████████   ██████
█████████   ██████
▀████████   █████▀

█████████████████
████████▀██████████
████████   ▀███████
████████   ▄███████
████████▄██████████
 █████████████████
slu2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 04:43:14 AM

If anyone wants to come in and take a look at what this is and test it before you buy it, we will have one for public usage at our new store.

This is our Project Skyhook ATM unboxing video.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9FGBNzfquM

Our store is located at;  4100 Yellowstone Ave., Pocatello Idaho 83202

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
slu2

Activity: 280

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 04:46:24 AM

Also if anyone is in the market still, and are having any trouble getting ahold of the reseller. 
I will sell you the one that I have.  It is ready to put in the box and ship.  It's never been put in to production.
We are delayed on opening right now, but I would love to see someone get this put to some sort of beneficial use.

I will sell for what I paid for it.  $999 plus shipping.   I will send internationally if paid with BTC.    Will accept paypal too  (with paypal, it would just be a little more leg work, I would sell it via Ebay, just to keep everything on the up and up, and with bitcoin I would use  www.cryptothrift.com and I would employ escrow if the buyer is willing to pay the fee. 

Again, this is what you would be buying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9FGBNzfquM

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 05:52:18 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 06:11:53 AM by frankenmint

Do you ship to Ireland? any idea how much shipping would cost?

I can ship it to Ireland for $125 so I would charge you $1125 in total.

Hello, I want more info about this atm but nobody answer my emails.

Never got an email nor pm, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

No I'm based in the US and reselling them - I as well as project-skyhook direct are requesting information from US operators to comply with KYC laws - Since the ATM is essentially one way, the ATM itself is not required to collect customer information, however the operator themselves may choose to use the ATMs for illicit activities where the government may contact us regarding information (drugs or prostitution for instance).

Is there a map of places where they are in effect?  I'd like to try and use one.

http://coinatmradar.com/  (your welcome)

Also, a new product support guide for windows OS is up and running here.

Kieronbm

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:05:34 PM

Have these been road tested to see if they can detect counterfeit USD? Anyone buy one of these yet and get it running?

I've tried to figure this out too, since I'll be ordering one of these soon.  All I saw was the manufacturer faq...
btcbug

Activity: 399

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:26:27 AM

Have these been road tested to see if they can detect counterfeit USD? Anyone buy one of these yet and get it running?

I've tried to figure this out too, since I'll be ordering one of these soon.  All I saw was the manufacturer faq...

Well this doesn't really answer your question, but it might be of user to others.

I received two Skyhook machines and I'm pretty impressed with the value. They've been slow to respond to emails and there could be a little more documentation provided, but I'm happy overall.

I'm in Canada, but we tested ours by trying out a range of bills ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100), both old and new styles. We also tried inserting US bills. The machine handled all $CAD bills fine and rejected the American bills as expected. We haven't tried photocopied bills yet.
SystemDisc

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:59:46 AM

I ordered an ATM on 01/14/2015 and still have not received it. I sent two emails to support on two different weeks, and have not heard back. Did Project Skyhook go under? Do I need to file a dispute with my bank?
Kieronbm

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:03:45 PM

I ordered an ATM on 01/14/2015 and still have not received it. I sent two emails to support on two different weeks, and have not heard back. Did Project Skyhook go under? Do I need to file a dispute with my bank?

They are definitely still around, I'm still receiving support from them… Got an extra key made recently.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: