Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
-
-

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamcoin [DRM] - X13 - PoW/PoS  (Read 71666 times)
Mathgamain (OP)

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 08:50:24 AM

Welldone nfox, let's get this coin back on track!

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
menu74

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:51:19 AM

Our old moderator closed the thread for unknown reason. The Dreamcoines are going threw a difficult time right now, but hopefully things will get sorted out. Cryptoworld moves in such a high phase it's hard for people to keep their cool. Welcome Lexusivan Smiley

Yea, I believe the Dev closed the previous thread, and the Dreamcoin site is also down. Let's see how this developes

Dev should have statements in advance if close/suspense the operation is necessary. NO excuses, all his behavior is unforgettable and blamed on him. Whatever show his dev's power to stop operations or control the price of DRM, I dont believe him anymore. Wake up my dear friends.    
Mathgamain (OP)

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 08:53:35 AM

"Dev should have statements in advance if close/suspense the operation is necessary. NO excuses, all his behavior is unforgettable and blamed on him. Whatever show his dev's power to stop operations or control the price of DRM, I dont believe him anymore. Wake up my dear friends."

Yea, I agree. Why should we even give him a change after this. He's a kid. But invented a cool coin Smiley

College Student can take over - hell, I am willing to donate BTCs to the new dev. I was not born yesterday, have my own company and not poor either so let's do it brothers

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:01:58 AM

The old one was closed for some reason, also the www site is down. I made this thread so we can sort things out
Are you the developer then? Or is he missing too?

Dev locked the old thread, took down the website and told collegestudent the only person actively working on it to "Fuck off" when he tried to help build development.  He also changed his quotes to make him look bad....

Overall I sold my dreams....its getting smashed on Bittrex and with the top guys in the community fighting and locking threads/taking down sites it doesn't bode well with my investment.

There are so many other coins popping up everyday that without an active dev/ community that can be civil the coin has no hope. When so many others are close or passing dreamcoin.

Very disappointed

Couldn't agree more. I lost some money, but hey thats part of life. Mathgamain I appreciate you efforts to revive this coin, although I disagree trying to bring back the old dev and have him make peace. I'll be watching this coin and will invest again if the community starts respectfully collaborating towards a common goal. However if the old dev returns, I will have no part of this coin. And its unfortunate he had a new anonymous account, and who knows if he wont make another one and interfere? In any case, I wish you guys the best of luck.

Mathgamain (OP)

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:06:21 AM

That sound like a fair deal, u are most welcome back cryptoholic when we get this coin on track. The sentiments here among the community seem to share yours - the old Dev let us down and is not in fact welcomed back.

STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:08:57 AM

Am new to dreamcoin. Haven't yet bought any but have been following the previous threads. If the old dev is completely gone, out of the picture, and you guys are just as eager to make dream as innovative as collegstudent,hoser, and anonymousxx1503, we're discussing in "funding DRM's anon project" thread, then am in. Can I hear the answer to this..jus cos it would make me dance just to hear it. Is that old egotistical/semi-psychotic dev FULLY gone???  You guys can now legitimately do what you want??? (With help and support ofcourse)

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
Mathgamain (OP)

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:15:44 AM

"Can I hear the answer to this..jus cos it would make me dance just to hear it. Is that old egotistical/semi-psychotic dev FULLY gone???  You guys can now legitimately do what you want??? (With help and support ofcourse)"

This question remains unanswered since we haven't been able to reach the old dev. Hold on and follow this thread and we will provide u an answer. The price might still drop, so I would not advise to buy any at this given moment. As u see, we are at this moment in a bit of a turbulent stage.

xandrino

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:22:27 AM

Yea, If u are thinking into investing to this coin, hold on for a while. We have to restructure
source code, website and Block Explorer all invalid, Dump all my this ugly coin, Good luck  

plz read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620276.msg6868306#msg6868306

Hi guys. I got Mathgamain's msg, and just had to check in.

Well, then, we start over. The good news is, those who are thinking of adding to their stash of DRMs, price is really really friendly right now. Smiley

Pls continue the work being done -- by icecube for the multipool -- when it launches, it can only help the coin.

The website and github are down, but we already know nfox has the source code and anything else that's needed to rebuild a bigger, better coin, can be retrieved from explorer cache memory or built from the ground up, i think.

Anyway, I'm glad for the presence of Mathgamain, CS, Icecube, Nfox, and all dreamers out there. We just need to be more wary going forward. To some extent, maybe we mistreated Carsen, like we weren't coddling and praising enough. And, if he really did hav good intentions and we simply pushed him too hard and too often, pressing for progress reports and news and whatnot, then ok we should be big enough to admit that and apologize.

I giv him no excuses though, insofar as his move to delete and lock down what he had access to, coz it simply comes off as somthing of a tantrum move. The worst kind of tantrum -- one that costs people money.  

So that's a lesson we learn, lets try not to leave our new DRM coin open to this kind of misbehavior.

Anyway I'm ranting, i'll let u guys get to work. To the active community who will help in rebuilding: it will be tough times ahead, but if you like that kind of challenge and the psychic and financial success that comes with it, u know you've got ur dream job right here.   Smiley

Peace and prosperity u guys Smiley

(P.s. Dev group: of course, u will buy some DRMs before u release progress reports, that way u buy low and can sell high once the price reflects the good news you release. It's only fair -- u work ur butts off, after all.)

(P.p.s. Hope I can contribute more than mere words trying to rally the troops, but the wife and I are still expecting our new baby soon. 48 hrs is the countdown. Wish us well, u guys.)

(another p.s.: this one a disclosure: I'll hold my coins. Sure, I can keep fretting over the value of my DRM coins, and be cranky and an overall agitated bastard to everybody I interact with in the coming days coz I made a bad bet in the markets. But it's immature. It's little better than what Carsen did, lashing out by deleting what he could. In the grand scheme of things, our friends and family and community are more important, a few lost BTCs during this time is not worth the lasting damage to our relationships. Which is all the more reason I feel sad for Carsen. He could have handled this so much better and with more grace and maturity. Quoting MyFarm, Dev Carsen still needs a lot of maturing and coaching, and he may yet become a great dev someday. Thanks for creating a good coin, now I hope you can find the maturity to let us continue in peace the work that you started.)

dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:28:58 AM

Guys...what should we do first?

..some of my thoughts:

1.Contact bitcointalk dev to delete old Dremcoin ANN

2.we should first make multipool to attract more investors in this coin.

STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:36:06 AM

Yea, If u are thinking into investing to this coin, hold on for a while. We have to restructure
source code, website and Block Explorer all invalid, Dump all my this ugly coin, Good luck  

plz read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620276.msg6868306#msg6868306

Hi guys. I got Mathgamain's msg, and just had to check in.

Well, then, we start over. The good news is, those who are thinking of adding to their stash of DRMs, price is really really friendly right now. Smiley

Pls continue the work being done -- by icecube for the multipool -- when it launches, it can only help the coin.

The website and github are down, but we already know nfox has the source code and anything else that's needed to rebuild a bigger, better coin, can be retrieved from explorer cache memory or built from the ground up, i think.

Anyway, I'm glad for the presence of Mathgamain, CS, Icecube, Nfox, and all dreamers out there. We just need to be more wary going forward. To some extent, maybe we mistreated Carsen, like we weren't coddling and praising enough. And, if he really did hav good intentions and we simply pushed him too hard and too often, pressing for progress reports and news and whatnot, then ok we should be big enough to admit that and apologize.

I giv him no excuses though, insofar as his move to delete and lock down what he had access to, coz it simply comes off as somthing of a tantrum move. The worst kind of tantrum -- one that costs people money.  

So that's a lesson we learn, lets try not to leave our new DRM coin open to this kind of misbehavior.

Anyway I'm ranting, i'll let u guys get to work. To the active community who will help in rebuilding: it will be tough times ahead, but if you like that kind of challenge and the psychic and financial success that comes with it, u know you've got ur dream job right here.   Smiley

Peace and prosperity u guys Smiley

(P.s. Dev group: of course, u will buy some DRMs before u release progress reports, that way u buy low and can sell high once the price reflects the good news you release. It's only fair -- u work ur butts off, after all.)

(P.p.s. Hope I can contribute more than mere words trying to rally the troops, but the wife and I are still expecting our new baby soon. 48 hrs is the countdown. Wish us well, u guys.)

(another p.s.: this one a disclosure: I'll hold my coins. Sure, I can keep fretting over the value of my DRM coins, and be cranky and an overall agitated bastard to everybody I interact with in the coming days coz I made a bad bet in the markets. But it's immature. It's little better than what Carsen did, lashing out by deleting what he could. In the grand scheme of things, our friends and family and community are more important, a few lost BTCs during this time is not worth the lasting damage to our relationships. Which is all the more reason I feel sad for Carsen. He could have handled this so much better and with more grace and maturity. Quoting MyFarm, Dev Carsen still needs a lot of maturing and coaching, and he may yet become a great dev someday. Thanks for creating a good coin, now I hope you can find the maturity to let us continue in peace the work that you started.)

Hmmm!! My words for Carsen may have been overharsh without being in his shoes. What you say above is more on point. At this stage it would be very advisable to openly define the type of community you guys are establishing by openly declaring what DRM is to stand for (principle wise) and putting forward some kind of community standard behaviour guidelines.  A great non trolling good spirited community is a blessing to any coin and or dev.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:39:15 AM

Yes, we are working on that (The Dreamcoin community). I will keep u posted on what's happening with Dreamcoin

Think you missed a trick there, this should be "THE DREAM TEAM"
johnny_non

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:45:47 AM

We will be picking up this coin and putting it back on track
It might take a couple of days but we have to let a little dust settle in the meantime....
We must continue to be proactive in all events though so i have messaged carsen and hopefully he has a change of heart in his actions and will at least bring back the site and blockexplorer or pass on the code to the new team i am saddend by the juvenile activity by collegestudent and carsen for stooping to these levels
i am going to call hozer later and he will no longer be dealing with collegestudent i reffed him to the old thread in reference to myfarm's bounty I don't know how he ended up in talks with collegestudent
but i have worked with him in the past.

Anyway dreamcoin still has a bright future and i will not let it die ....

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
fandexinse

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:52:45 AM

I hope DRM will slowly get better!
johnny_non

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:59:39 AM

I hope DRM will slowly get better!
We will be okay. My vote here is we give until Monday to Put things back or we have no choice. That being said we also have to have things ready in the wings to push a Monday deadline for the community revival .

I have already volunteered to take lead in getting things on track. I have been a part of a few other coin revivals and dreamcoin is by far the healthiest with the most potential.
we will be okay dreamers....

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:03:03 AM

How far back in dreamcoin dev´s post archive do I need to go, to see the stuff you are describing here ?
Did you actually see proof of the hired new dev, from dreamcoin ?
johnny_non

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:04:28 AM

How far back in dreamcoin dev´s post archive do I need to go, to see the stuff you are describing here ?

It is always best to see for yourself and make your own assesment

nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 10:08:55 AM

I think the dev lied about hiring somebody, sadly I was in the same spot and lost money in this, but after studying the code, I just want to let everybody know that I will form a team these days and we will get this back on track, including zerocode implementation into it. These are doable things, probably original dev is happy now with some money in his pockets. I would take this to vote, you decide.
Mathgamain (OP)

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 10:10:09 AM

Here is what we will do ->

1. johnny_non has sended a PM to the original Dev and we will give him few days to cool off and speak his mind or forever hold his peace. I know some in the community don't want have anything to do with him after he closed the old thread without a warning and took the site offline. But we want to give him this one change.

2. We are making sure there will be a coder in store for us whatever the original Dev decide. nfox allready has copy of the source code, so no worries

johnny_non is moderating the Twitter account, and I am in charge of this thread.

icecube can of course continue with the multipool

-

This is a great opportunity to start fresh, lets take advantage of it. (Dreamcoin Dev can return and we can all make peace, or start again with new Dev Team)

elviselvis101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:11:10 AM

It is always best to see for yourself and make your own assesment

Very true  Smiley
elviselvis101

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:18:28 AM

Here is what we will do ->

1. johnny_non has sended a PM to the original Dev and we will give him few days to cool off and speak his mind or forever hold his peace. I know some in the community don't want have anything to do with him after he closed the old thread without a warning and took the site offline. But we want to give him this one change.

2. We are making sure there will be a coder in store for us whatever the original Dev decide. nfox allready has copy of the source code, so no worries

johnny_non is moderating the Twitter account, and I am in charge of this thread.

icecube can of course continue with the multipool

-

This is a great opportunity to start fresh, lets take advantage of it. (Dreamcoin Dev can return and we can all make peace, or start again with new Dev Team)

Your post makes more sens to someone new to this. When I look at the locked tread, it seems like the captain did what captains can do, when faced whit mutiny.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: