Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:23:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamcoin [DRM] - X13 - PoW/PoS  (Read 71666 times)
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:00:23 AM

MyFarm...awesome.  I love the idea.  I have some mild experience with community gardens and tried awhile ago to help a friend set one up in Colorado.  

This could be something that I can actually contribute to since I know more about activism and community endeavours than I do about coding...
Awesome Smiley

So you understand the potential value of this?  If so, please share your perspective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:03:06 AM

She says she was surprised several months ago when a zoning inspector stopped by.

"He told me I was not allowed to have vegetables in the front yard," she says.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/12/16/249342738/in-florida-a-turf-war-blooms-over-front-yard-vegetable-gardening

That is exactly what we should never see in the news nor should it even be up for debate.  True story, in the 50's, the U.S. government encouraged lawn gardens as a means to enable self sufficiency.  Something changed...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:04:19 AM

She says she was surprised several months ago when a zoning inspector stopped by.

"He told me I was not allowed to have vegetables in the front yard," she says.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/12/16/249342738/in-florida-a-turf-war-blooms-over-front-yard-vegetable-gardening

That is exactly what we should never see in the news nor should it even be up for debate.  True story, in the 50's, the U.S. government encouraged lawn gardens as a means to enable self sufficiency.  Something changed...
Indeed.

There is a reason I stipulated that people must remove the lawns in their FRONT yards... Smiley
Collegestudent

Activity: 518

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:04:40 AM

Hey Everyone.

I've been watching how you've handled what has transpired with Dreamcoin and have been nothing short of highly impressed.  This is one of the best early coin communities I have seen.  As such, I'd like to offer a suggestion on the direction this coin takes.  To show I am serious, I just bought the shit out of Dreamcoin; I am putting my money where my mouth is.  You may or may not remember me from the last thread, but let me just say, when it comes to Cryptocurrencies, I am VERY good at what I do.

The biggest issue Dreamcoin has right now is you have nothing to set you apart.  You're a clone coin.  There is no innovation.  There is nothing unique about you.  Yes, you might get lucky and get some sort of pump, but it won't be sustained.  I mean no disrespect when I say this, it's just the reality of cryptocurrency.

It doesn't have to be this way.  Dreamcoin can be something special.  Dreamcoin can do good in this world.  And as a result, all of you can profit.

I had a Dream...

I had a Dream where I walked through the villages, towns, and cities of the world and I didn't see any homes with lawns.  Lawns are an enormous environmental burden that take water, fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides, and give NOTHING back except a nice looking park-like atmosphere.  They epitomize a culture disconnected from nature as well as their food supply.  But slowly, that has been changing.  People have been waking up to this reality and turning their lawns into food-producing gardens.  A couple examples:

Local food production MUST be a part of our future.  Removing our unproductive, resource-hogging lawns is a large part of that solution.  Installing organic gardens in their place helps the environment, provides high quality food in a world where food is becoming ever-more expensive and unhealthy, creates community, and the list goes on.  "Food not lawns" is a burgeoning movement and I feel Dreamcoin can play an enormous part in it, to everyone benefit.

How?

We incentivize people removing their FRONT lawns and installing a garden.  It may sound cheesy, but I assure you, this can be amazing.  For example:

1.  We would create a Dreamfund.  If the community agrees to this idea, I will start the fund with a donation of 25,000 DRM.
2.  Anyone who wants to take advantage of this incentive first takes a photo of their front lawn that will be removed WITH a piece of paper saying, "My Dream is becoming a reality thanks to Dreamcoin" or something along those lines. 
3.  They take measurements of the lawn to get a total square foot area.
4.  They post progress pics along the way.
5.  Once they are done, they receive $0.20 per square foot of lawn that was removed in Dreamcoin.  So if they removed 1000 square feet, they would get $200.00 worth of Dreamcoin.  Over time, this amount can be adjusted as necessary with people who have already submitted their photos being grandfathered in.

When all of this catches on, we can then begin partnering with local nurseries, farmers markets, CSAs, and the list goes on.

Let's make DRM serve a purpose.  Let's carve out a niche for Dreamcoin.  In my opinion, this would be an awesome one.  I realize not all of you would be thrilled about this specific niche, but it's something I know a lot about.  Not only can we do a lot of good, but if we do it well, the value of Dreamcoin will rise as well.  This will let each of you profit AND allow us the funding to help people replace even more lawns with food.  It can become a self-perpetuating cycle.

An X11 POS coin that isn't a pump and dump.  We don't need anonymity.  We don't need any of the buzzwords people use these days to pump their coins.  Because we will serve the greater good.  We will have a purpose.

What say you?

sounds like a good idea, but even anonmity transcations can be placed. a very good amt of features expands the coin to have greater value overtime
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:05:52 AM

sounds like a good idea, but even anonmity transcations can be placed. a very good amt of features expands the coin to have greater value overtime
For sure.  I'm all for new features for the coin.  But with my idea, we don't NEED them.  They'll just be icing on the cake.

Very delicious cake.
MemoryShock

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:06:42 AM

Awesome Smiley

So you understand the potential value of this?  If so, please share your perspective.

The potential value is pretty good.  Initially, it is a grassroots effort.  The topic isn't a popular one but there is a strong niche community that might respond.  Getting the word to them and educating about crypto currencies is not something that happens over night.  

As far as the topic itself...there are also non organic agriculture that are threatening small farms and small food production as well so it is a very reasonable educational effort.  That...and growing stuff is fun and good for you...

I have only just started thinking about it but I like the direction and the idea...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:10:06 AM

Awesome Smiley

So you understand the potential value of this?  If so, please share your perspective.

The potential value is pretty good.  Initially, it is a grassroots effort.  The topic isn't a popular one but there is a strong niche community that might respond.  Getting the word to them and educating about crypto currencies is not something that happens over night.  

As far as the topic itself...there are also non organic agriculture that are threatening small farms and small food production as well.

I have only just started thinking about it but I like the direction and the idea...
I'm extremely well connected with the permaculture and local food movement.  I assure you, getting the word out and getting people interested won't be very difficult...

Free money for removing something that costs them money?  We'll have some takers, don't worry.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:11:11 AM

Awesome Smiley

As far as the topic itself...there are also non organic agriculture that are threatening small farms and small food production as well.

I'm extremely well connected with the permaculture and local food movement.  I assure you, getting the word out and getting people interested won't be very difficult...

Free money for removing something that costs them money?  We'll have some takers, don't worry.

Btw what do u think of my idea to use the bounty money by a pro broker to increase it further to fund bounties easier.
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:14:24 AM

Awesome Smiley

Btw what do u think of my idea to use the bounty money by a pro broker to increase it further to fund bounties easier.
I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If you sent me a PM about it, I tend not to read PMs very well.  I get too many.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:16:15 AM

Awesome Smiley

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If you sent me a PM about it, I tend not to read PMs very well.  I get too many.

What i was saying is, what if we hired a broker to trade cryptos/btc whatever using the bounty money we raise at a fixed salary per month in order to fund shit easier.

Btw build DRM walls now Tongue
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:18:28 AM

I understand your idea and desire to do it, but you NEVER gamble with bounty money.  If this, "Broker" was such a good trader, I assure you, they wouldn't be taking small time bounty funds for a share of the pie.  If you're truly good at equity trading (cryptocurrencies or otherwise) there is so much money to be made on your own that you don't bother with such things.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:19:31 AM

Awesome Smiley

What i was saying is, what if we hired a broker to trade cryptos/btc whatever using the bounty money we raise at a fixed salary per month in order to fund shit easier.

Btw build DRM walls now Tongue

Dev already turned your idea down. Stop bringing it up.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:20:01 AM

I understand your idea and desire to do it, but you NEVER gamble with bounty money.  If this, "Broker" was such a good trader, I assure you, they wouldn't be taking small time bounty funds for a share of the pie.  If you're truly good at equity trading (cryptocurrencies or otherwise) there is so much money to be made on your own that you don't bother with such things.

True!
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:20:53 AM

And if my proposal is accepted, DRM will have plenty of bounty money if it is needed so no need anyway.
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:22:16 AM

And if my proposal is accepted, DRM will have plenty of bounty money if it is needed.

True..btw i hope u arent pissed because u bought 15000s long term ofc its good. New floor is 6000 and DRM has the attention it needs
MemoryShock

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:22:27 AM

I'm not worried about that...but I know some people too and getting them on a computer to understand cryptocurrencies is something that I have not been successful at.  But neither was their an incentive.

I know my way around the rhetoric...let me know what I can do.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
johnny_non

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:23:21 AM

Myfarm i like your ideas please contact me directly so we can iron out a frame work and set up logistics

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:24:20 AM

I'm not worried about that...but I know some people too and getting them on a computer to understand cryptocurrencies is something that I have not been successful at.  But neither was their an incentive.

I know my way around the rhetoric...let me know what I can do.
Glad to have you on board.  I hope the rest of the community like the idea and we can rally around it.  I've been pondering starting my own coin for this but I like you guys.
johnny_non

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:24:34 AM

My thoughts exactly

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:25:04 AM

Myfarm i like your ideas please contact me directly so we can iron out a frame work and set up logistics
Excellent!  You've nothing but impressed me.  If other members of the community are onboard, then I'll contact you and we'll get the ball rolling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: