Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamcoin [DRM] - X13 - PoW/PoS  (Read 71667 times)
techlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:14:37 PM

I am very glad DRM is revived. Although I don't fully understand the idea brought up by myfarm, but i will continue to support DRM Smiley
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Guys, if someone posts something we don't agree, with, let's state the facts in a respectful manner and nothing more.  If they continue to engage us negatively, let us put them on ignore.  If we're going to do positive things with DRM, we must conduct ourselves in a positive manner as well.

Let's set the standard for maturity and professionalism in cryptocommunities.
Mathgamain (OP)

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:18:04 PM

Hi u all dreamers, great to see things going so well for us. I will back at my office tomorrow morning and will update fb, twitter and reddit accounts to the site. Also if Johnny has smthng in mind I will be at he's service (more features to the site).

The .com domain for dreamcoin was taken, so I had to choose .fi

.fi is the domain ending for Finland. We Finnish are famous for being trust worthy and never giving up so I see it as a plus for Dreamcoin Smiley

however we can get any new domain if the community prefers that way (I can set up a poll)

It's a wonderful summer day in Finland, perfect for dreaming Smiley c u all tomorrow again

ps. I liked MyFarms idea, and have some new ideas for our coin as well. I will share them a bit later with u all

pps. I will also tomorrow make some "Dreamcoins Accepted Here" graphics so we can start to lure small businesses to accept DRM as payments

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
johnny_non

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:21:10 PM

Guys, if someone posts something we don't agree, with, let's state the facts in a respectful manner and nothing more.  If they continue to engage us negatively, let us put them on ignore.  If we're going to do positive things with DRM, we must conduct ourselves in a positive manner as well.

Let's set the standard for maturity and professionalism in cryptocommunities.
I couldn't have said it better myself

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:21:39 PM

will there be a anonymous feature?

when yes, when?
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:33:23 PM

I will address the anon features again.
as previously stated that is a future plan. Not an immediate plan.
I am watching the development of these features on other coins. Some think first mover is the one that wins. I think first movers have first issues and wish to avoid any unforeseen problems that may arise as it is uncharted territory.
Please have patience with these types of developments. I do not make false promises and feel our better focus at this time is community growth and market share.
Myfarm and others have put forward awesome ideas. Public awareness of crypto and Dreamcoin specifically should be our spotlight of concern.
We have made good progress in pulling Dreamcoin back. We are not dead in the water or dying.
Thank you to all who have been part of this rescue, without you this coin would surely have sank.
It is an honor to be lead of such a community and look forward to what we can do.

There you go, ifightformerkel...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:47:00 PM

Thank you  Memoryshock

As previously stated I am watching the development of other coins and wish to learn from their mistakes in this area as I wish to avoid the pitfalls that may arise.
At this moment in time the focus is shifted towards our recovery after the original dev jumped ship...

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

Hey guys,  I've been working on content for a new thread based upon what I proposed.  Here is what it is.  Obviously this carves out a focused niche for Dreamcoin but in my opinion, that's exactly what we need to do.  Note that the "lawn removal" cause is what gets us known within the organic/permaculture/transition town communities which are HUGE communities of people.  If we become accepted within these community, this coin ends up with a $xxx,xxx,xxx market cap.

My proposed new thread (PLEASE share your thoughts and whether this is the direction you want DRM to go):

Thread Title: [ANN] [DRM] Dreamcoin | A RARE X11 POS With A Purpose

[Insert small logo]

We have a Dream for a better tomorrow that Dreamcoin will make a reality.  Dreamcoin will be the unifying digital currency for the organic food movement, farmers markets, Transition Towns, Permaculture, local foodists, plant nurseries, environmental groups, and like entities.  

http://dreamcoin.fi

Wallets:

http://dreamcoin.fi/wallets.htm

Exchanges:

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_drm
https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DRM
https://sharexcoin.com/market/DRM_BTC
https://www.allcoin.com/trade/drm_btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=drm-btc

Marketing and Promotion

The Dreamcoin community has established a 25,000 DRM (and growing, see this address: [insert address]) charity fund that will be utilized in a manner that not only benefits the environment, but helps connect us with the groups we tend to unify via our currency.  We will be funding the replacement of front yard lawns with organic agriculture.  Lawns are an enormous environmental burden that take water, fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides, and give NOTHING back except a park-like atmosphere.  They epitomize a culture disconnected from nature as well as their food supply.  But slowly, that has been changing.  People have been waking up to this reality and turning their lawns into food-producing gardens.  A couple examples:

[insert image 1]
[insert image 2]

Local food production MUST be a part of our future.  Removing our unproductive, resource-hogging lawns is a large part of that solution.  Installing organic gardens in their place helps the environment, provides high quality food in a world where food is becoming ever-more expensive and unhealthy, creates community, and more.

Dreamcoin will incentivize people removing their FRONT lawns and installing a garden and/or orchard/Food Forest.

Those who take us up on this offer will receive $0.20 worth of DRM per square foot of lawn removed to a maximum of $200.00.

For example:

1.  Anyone who wants to take advantage of this incentive first takes a photo of their front lawn that will be removed WITH a piece of paper saying, "My Dream is becoming a reality thanks to Dreamcoin" and their cellphone showing today’s date.
2.  They take measurements of the lawn to get a total square foot area and provide it to us with photo evidence.
3.  Once they have removed or fully mulched the lawn, they receive 50% of their DRM.
4.  They continue to post progress pics along the way.
5.  Once they are done and post a picture, they receive the additional 50% of their DRM.

Coin Specifications

No Premine
Algorithm: X11 PoW & PoS (PoW is finished)
Ticker: DRM
Total coins: ~1.85 Million with PoW
PoS Minimum Age: 8 hours
PoS Maximum Age: Unlimited
Difficulty Readjusts every block
Confirmations on Transactions: 10
CoinBase Maturity: 50
Stake interest: 15% per year

Source:

https://github.com/johnny-non/Dreamcoin

IRC Channel:

http://webchat.freenode.net
#DRMtakeover

Development Plan

1.0.0.0 - Present

1.1.0.0 - Integrate Anonymity Features.  We will implement Darksend once it is open-sourced and vetted.

- After funding 100 lawn removals, we will create a 501(c)3 non profit organization to handle the donated funds and non-profit endeavors.

2.0.0.0 - Dreamcoin 2.0 will implement innovative features that will revolutionize global food distribution.
MemoryShock

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:52:19 PM

+1

Edit to add - I have already begun compiling information; I have a nice list of people including someone who raised 29,000 signatures to change Quebec city ordinance to make front lawn gardens specifically legal after a a couple was faced with $100-300 daily fines for a lawn that was over 30% garden.  Very Proactive despite the issue being a year and half old.

Also - We need to update the website with the new information as well so there is a user friendly place for front lawn gardeners to get their information should we commit to this direction...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:17:36 PM

I do not wish to battle for control of the future of the coin. I feel some of this puts undue pressure on me. Unless the community want Myfarm to take the lead seat and he is willing to invest the time necessary to align the coin strictly to this purpose.
otherwise i feel it is too specific to encompass all the dreamers dreams
outlining the dev structure and timeline also insinuates the statement above
I have no issue making this a supported cause but not the foundational principal. I do not feel comfortable taking on these responsibilities
of an ongoing charity for said purpose.

If I am in the minority so be it. however that would also mean that Myfarm was willing and able to take my chair and that was what the community wanted.

This is not me throwing a tantrum.
This is reaction to being overwhelmed by another mans vision
we seriously need your input....

Thank you
johnny

Mathgamain (OP)

Activity: 577

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

I am committed to serve the Dreamcoin community and Johnny as lead Dev. I like a lot MyFarms idea, but I think Dreamcoin should be about full filling everyones dream. What about if we have the lawn farm as a first Dream crowd fund project. And then have more, somebody could have equally great idea we could raise funds for.

Anyways, I let the community to decide. On monday its sure that Johnny is the new lead dev, so I will replace the poll with this new idea. And we all can vote. I would like to emphasize that Dreamcoin is a community where every man/woman has a vote and saying, weather he/she has 300 000 drm coins or just one.

- Tomi

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:56:36 PM

I realize now I have made a mistake and I sincerely apologize for that.  It was stupid of me to try to implement my vision into an existing coin.  I should have started a coin from scratch.  

For that, I sincerely apologize to each of you.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for what you guys have been working towards and I'm sorry to temporarily get in the way of that.

I shall step aside with my idea of the lawn stuff and support you guys in the direction you choose to go.

Please accept my apologies!

*edit* I just sold some to recoup a little of my losses but don't plan to sell anymore until you guys turn this into something big Smiley
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:12:59 PM

I realize now I have made a mistake and I sincerely apologize for that.  It was stupid of me to try to implement my vision into an existing coin.  I should have started a coin from scratch.  

I have a tremendous amount of respect for what you guys have been working towards and I'm sorry to temporarily get in the way of that.

I shall step aside with my idea of the lawn stuff and support you guys in the direction you choose to go.

*edit* I just sold some to recoup a little of my losses but don't plan to sell anymore until you guys turn this into something big Smiley
There is no need for apologies your idea has merit and you are a valuable dreamer here
I know we as a community have no problem with doing a fundraiser for your cause.
I wasn't intending any offense to you and if you wish for your Dream Garden project to be a supported effort we can and will create an outline, timeline and transparent fundraiser this is not an issue. We would gladly help with this dream

Taurenchief

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:13:07 PM

I do not wish to battle for control of the future of the coin. I feel some of this puts undue pressure on me. Unless the community want Myfarm to take the lead seat and he is willing to invest the time necessary to align the coin strictly to this purpose.
I have no issue making this a supported cause but not the foundational principal. I do not feel comfortable taking on these responsibilities

If I am in the minority so be it. however that would also mean that Myfarm was willing and able to take my chair and that was what the community wanted.

Thank you
johnny

DRM may have a future, yet it depends on the ongoing development.
You try to takeover DRM, do you have a specific plan over it? If so, can you share it to the community?
As you mentioned earlier, anon is not a priority, then what to work on first?
Myfarm is trying to help DRM out, and help the community out. If you don't have a clear plan, you may follow his idea.
however, i think you are too sensitive about who is the leader, you are not a teamworker.
MyFarm

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

There is no need for apologies your idea has merit and you are a valuable dreamer here
I know we as a community have no problem with doing a fundraiser for your cause.
I wasn't intending any offense to you and if you wish for your Dream Garden project to be a supported effort we can and will create an outline, timeline and transparent fundraiser this is not an issue. We would gladly help with this dream
I assure you, I took no offense.  That would be immature of me Smiley  You have your perspective and I respect that.  I appreciate your offer but I feel like my idea is one that a coin should be devoted to.  I understand that you guys have a broader idea for DRM and I respect that.  It was an amateur mistake for me to try and come in to an existing coin with this.  I'm upset with nobody but myself.
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:22:48 PM

Thank you
johnny

DRM may have a future, yet it depends on the ongoing development.
You try to takeover DRM, do you have a specific plan over it? If so, can you share it to the community?
As you mentioned earlier, anon is not a priority, then what to work on first?
Myfarm is trying to help DRM out, and help the community out. If you don't have a clear plan, you may follow his idea.
however, i think you are too sensitive about who is the leader, you are not a teamworker.
I didn't take over Dreamcoin. I rescued Dreamcoin.
The plan is to stabalize and form a team and community.
I said anon features are background articles
a watch and learn from others at the moment as i have a feeling unforeseen issues will arrise or the tech being used may be all smoke and mirrors
Merchants marketing canvasing crypto education coinkite coinpayments
brick and mortar retail are targets
Fundraising for causes that the community wishes to fund.
I think that you have a misunderstanding of what had just transpired here.
That was diplomacy.

MemoryShock

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:39:04 PM

Currently, there is a new developmental team being formed to continue the DreamCoin project, and other positions are being filled as well. Marketing and networking will be a key factor in the revival of DreamCoin if you ask me.

Ever since this rally began, the trading volume of DreamCoin on the Poloniex exchange has increased by 1300%, from 2 Bitcoin to 27 Bitcoin in just 24 hours. DreamCoin is far from dead at this stage.

We at CryptoArticles would like to offer a helping hand to the DreamCoin community by publishing articles when important events or updates take place. The Crypto community needs to unite, because there is strength in numbers.
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/25/dreamcoin-new-developmental-team-community-rallies-to-keep-project-going

This was written this morning.  My emphasis because I thought it was a pretty good synopsis of what we were discussing from last night.

Just tossing it out there.  I gained a lot of information in a short amount of time regarding the possible project and I'll just store it in case there is use for it somewhere down the line.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:39:36 PM

I think a Dream Vacation raffle might be a good fundraiser
What's the community input on this?

merk475

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:08:04 AM

Hey MyFarm....I still like your idea as a project that dreamcoin can take on and I want you to know that I would be willing to donate at least 5000 DRM to your cause.  Just putting that out there.  Just because its not the main focus of DRM doesn't mean we can't make it our charitable focus.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:08:33 AM

I think a Dream Vacation raffle might be a good fundraiser
What's the community input on this?

Yes, sounds like a great idea.  However, the destination should be chosen by the winner since some countries have strict visa requirements.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: