Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: site shares bitcoin addresses database  (Read 1374 times)
hightower (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:12:14 PM

I've just found the site http://btcdb.info which collects bitcoin addresses to database and shares them. Ja Ja Ja. However it's rather interesting to guess passwords http://btcdb.info/addresses/password as for me.

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:13:26 PM

I've just found the site http://btcdb.info which collects bitcoin addresses database and shares them. Ja Ja Ja. However it's rather interesting to guess passwords http://btcdb.info/addresses/password as for me.

If I had to guess, the site will need a a few billion years to finish what it's doing.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
hightower (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:32:48 PM

If I had to guess, the site will need a a few billion years to finish what it's doing.

Ja ja, right. The founder perhaps is immortal  Grin.
Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:35:42 PM

This site is pointless really. Only bad things would come of it anyway.
hightower (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:45:25 PM

Only bad things would come of it anyway.

Bad things? Which bad things? If some site can do any harm to such mighty cryptocurrency as Bitcoin, then the Bitcoin is not so mighty and it's not worth it to keep your money in bitcoins, right?. But it's really funny in fact. I don't think there can be any harm or at least it's very very very unlikely - the probabilty is tooooo looow.
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:53:07 PM

I don't get what anyone could use it for.
Brooker

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:54:01 PM

Only bad things would come of it anyway.

Bad things? Which bad things? If some site can do any harm to such mighty cryptocurrency as Bitcoin, then the Bitcoin is not so mighty and it's not worth it to keep your money in bitcoins, right?. But it's really funny in fact. I don't think there can be any harm or at least it's very very very unlikely - the probabilty is tooooo looow.

I suppose, but it wont stop people trying to use it for bad things though. Can it be used for anything beneficial?
hightower (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:55:18 PM

I suppose, but it wont stop people trying to use it for bad things though. Can it be used for anything beneficial?

IDK, may be some analytics or statistics, or brain training (like guessing passwords)... in any case a lot of usual things (like fork, knife or hammer) can also be used for "bad things".
SOAD

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:57:35 PM

IDK, may be some analytics or statistics, or brain training (like guessing passwords)... in any case a lot of usual things (like fork, knife or hammer) can also be used for "bad things".

Yeah but trying to guess peoples passwords isnt good is it?  Cheesy

hightower (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

using bitcoins that you don't own isn't good, but guessing passwords is just guessing passwords
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

The idea is that someone would try writing in a part of their private key to check if it is present in the database, then SNAP, the owner has got a partial private key, even if you search for the first 40 characters it will still give the owner an incredibly significant edge over trying to guess a private key randomly.

Hopefully no one is stupid enough to type in their whole private key in the search box....

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:17:21 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 08:34:57 AM by djangocoin

Hopefully no one is stupid enough to type in their whole private key in the search box....
FTFY Hopefully no one is silly enough to paste their whole private key in the search box....

:]
Brooker

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:18:26 PM

using bitcoins that you don't own isn't good, but guessing passwords is just guessing passwords

Like tyring to open car doors until one does? Then people steal the cars or the things inside.
hightower (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:29:31 PM

FTFY Hopefully no one is stupid enough to paste their whole private key in the search box....

I tried Smiley it doesn't search for a private key, just for an address

Like tyring to open car doors until one does? Then people steal the cars or the things inside.

Still opening car doors isn't a bad thing, but stealing cars and things inside is a bad thing, don't you agree?
enno

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:56:36 PM

I've sent a tiny test amount to a known address (Password: 1337 - 15w3bGS6L2EGXamLPNEPfPUWHCnjqZQ35v) and it took exactly 2 seconds to be taken. Amazing Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:52:23 PM

I've sent a tiny test amount to a known address (Password: 1337 - 15w3bGS6L2EGXamLPNEPfPUWHCnjqZQ35v) and it took exactly 2 seconds to be taken. Amazing Smiley

I agree.  It's amazing that it took that long.  I would have expected it to be taken in less than 0.1 second.
Ludi

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

How did it get taken exactly?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:15:05 PM

I agree.  It's amazing that it took that long.  I would have expected it to be taken in less than 0.1 second.

And all the dusts collected from 'Correct horse battery staple', including this private key stealing website, are being deposited to this final address.

https://blockchain.info/address/15LPodNPGv5qsKPc4PUfyeJKdDReWjCknS

This is how they have collected 1 BTC.

@Danny how are they automating the forwarding of correct horse battery staple ? Cron ?

Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:23:36 PM

Do they have bots scanning for these? I dont understand how they can be scanning addresses so quick?  Huh
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:25:24 PM

@Danny how are they automating the forwarding of correct horse battery staple ? Cron ?

If it were me doing it, I wouldn't bother with cron.  Cron only wakes up once every minute.

Instead, I'd create a custom bitcoin daemon that acts as a node receiving and forwarding all bitcoin transactions as they are relayed throughout the network.  Any time it receives a transaction to an address that it's designed to auto-forward, it would create the forwarding transaction and relay it immediately after it relays the received transaction.  The delay between the sending of the initial transaction and the stealing of the funds would be limited only by the time it takes for the first transaction to be relayed to my node, and the time it takes to build and sign a rawtransaction.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: