Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to exchange BTC to Amazon Gift card on localbitcoins?  (Read 5621 times)
V6ser (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:30:31 PM

This guy offers a lot of money for gift cards: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Rishodi/

He has 100% positive feedback, over 1 year registered.

But the question is: Is it safe? i don't think you can chargeback amazon giftcards...
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:54:48 PM

This guy offers a lot of money for gift cards: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Rishodi/

But the question is: Is it safe? i don't think you can chargeback amazon giftcards...

I only see he is selling amazon cards for under bitstamp.net rate. You can get better deals here.

Yes, amazon cards can be charged back.
V6ser (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

I only see he is selling amazon cards for under bitstamp.net rate. You can get better deals here.

Yes, amazon cards can be charged back.
Thanks.

What happens if i already used the cards?

And also, can you show me those "better deal" you are talking about? Most of the ones with a high price are scams.

Anyone you can indicate to me? I sell for Paypal too. If trusted.
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

And also, can you show me those "better deal" you are talking about? Most of the ones with a high price are scams.

You will get into legal trouble if the card is bought using stolen credit card.

Same for paypal.
V6ser (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:56:22 PM

You will get into legal trouble if the card is bought using stolen credit card.

Same for paypal.
That's why i only trade with trusted users :p
fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

That's why i only trade with trusted users :p

No such thing as trusted users on the net.

Beside, what benefit you get? less than 5% discount with the risk of getting into legal trouble?
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

Thanks.

Usually they try to chargeback before you can use the code. Not sure exactly how it works, I've read about people have issues with amazon cards awhile back.

gyft.com is the best place to trade your BTC for amazon cards if you're in the US, not sure if it works outside the US. Safe and the rates are pretty good too, usually close to bitstamp.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:37:14 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 02:34:14 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Anything purchased with a credit card can be charged back because the chargeback is done via the credit card.   So if someone is offering xyz for BTC and you can purchased xyz with a credit card it really is no different than accepting a credit card.  Usually gift cards can also be reported stolen directly to the issuer as well, the funds frozen and the balance transferred to a new card.  In a dispute the issuer will want proof of purchase and the seller is the one who will have that. 
CoinMKT.com

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:40:28 AM

Any gift cards can be charged back so I'd be wary about it too. 
ShameOnYou

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:17:41 AM

Anything purchased with a credit card can be charged back because the chargeback is done via the credit card.   So if someone is offering xyz for BTC and you can purchased xyz with a credit card it really is no different than accepting a credit card.  Usually gift cards can also be reported stolen directly to the issuer as well, the funds frozen and the balance transferred to a new card.  In a dispute the issuer will want proof of purchase and the seller is the one who will have that. 

How about things like Greendot moneypak or prepaid visa gift cards (vanilla, etc)? Can those be charged back? I always assumed they were safe, and have never had problems trading them P2P in the online poker community. But like any other P2P dealings, it was based on trust/reputation as well, so I never looked into it too closely.
joeventyra

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:37:17 AM

you better stay off it. you can give a go to btcpromo.net
Exactly now they got a promotion of 5% bonus so it should suite you nice:
https://twitter.com/BTCPROMO/status/470338936779591681

EDIT: they do payouts through Virwox GMbH so there is no option for revefrsal of transaction etc...

Crypto world is on the way to eruption.
lNinvada

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:49:02 AM

you better stay off it. you can give a go to btcpromo.net
Exactly now they got a promotion of 5% bonus so it should suite you nice:
https://twitter.com/BTCPROMO/status/470338936779591681

EDIT: they do payouts through Virwox GMbH so there is no option for revefrsal of transaction etc...

will it be ok if i use paypal account with only EUR as currency?
Ali faraz

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:45:18 AM

Yes I HaVe Gift Cards Available i Have ToTal Of 100 Gift cards Right Know ..
In Each Gift Card $30 is Available And Some Of Gift Cards HaVe Less Then $30 Means $25 in them .......

My Skype Is       ::  Alifaraz16
My Gmail Is        ::  Alifaraz313@gmail.com
My Whats App is :: +923072250067

If interested in buying Amazon.Com Gift Cards

I Want To Sale It  i Will Get More Cards After Selling These Cards looking Forward For Your Replies And Inbox Messages Thanx In Advance Buying From Mee .Smiley Wink
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:17:52 PM

Is there a chargeback after a particular time has passed ? Since that guy is sending the amazon gift codes at bitstamp, he might just be legit. I don't think he will chargeback, as he probably would have bought a lot of gift cards before, and can't really complain stolen card about an year later, saying that all the amazon cards bought within the last 1 year were not under his notice.

But if you want to just buy an amazon card, just go for Purse.io .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: