Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin ever reach $1000 dollars again?  (Read 20652 times)
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:52:00 PM

Yes i hope before next year  Roll Eyes

Do you have some leveraged long position or why would Bitcoin reach that target before that very day? Cheesy I'd be pleased if it did, as well, but I guess we may have to wait a tad more before reaching that mark again. No one knows. Prepare for a non-perfect outcome.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 06:18:32 PM

Will Bitcoin ever reach $1000 again?

How about we reach $700 first.  Feels like the spike back in early December was a "Black Unicorn" never to be seen again... Undecided

Despite the trickle of positive news and slow but gaining acceptance, the mainstream still doesn't know what Bitcoin is.  And the ones in power that do, are trying to regulate and hold it back.

Still waiting for the "spark" to happen, that domino effect, or most importantly network effect.  Part of me feels it can happen at any moment soon, another part of me thinks there's a possibility it may never come.

Please Bitcoin.  Don't be the next Tamagotchi, Betamax, Prodigy, Compuserve, HD DVD, Zune, Friendster, Myspace, Palm Pilot, Sega Saturn, Garmin.

Need Bitcoin to be the answer, not just for my sake, but for so many people around the world.  Don't want another coin to take over Bitcoin's utility, as there's enough problems explaining all the Alt and crapcoins in existences.  If another coin takes over, it should be an improvement on the original, and be rightfully called Bitcoin 2.0.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:10:36 PM

Will Bitcoin ever reach $1000 again?

How about we reach $700 first.  Feels like the spike back in early December was a "Black Unicorn" never to be seen again... Undecided

Despite the trickle of positive news and slow but gaining acceptance, the mainstream still doesn't know what Bitcoin is.  And the ones in power that do, are trying to regulate and hold it back.

Still waiting for the "spark" to happen, that domino effect, or most importantly network effect.  Part of me feels it can happen at any moment soon, another part of me thinks there's a possibility it may never come.

We are now having a calm before the storm lol.

Please Bitcoin.  Don't be the next Tamagotchi, Betamax, Prodigy, Compuserve, HD DVD, Zune, Friendster, Myspace, Palm Pilot, Sega Saturn, Garmin.

Need Bitcoin to be the answer, not just for my sake, but for so many people around the world.  Don't want another coin to take over Bitcoin's utility, as there's enough problems explaining all the Alt and crapcoins in existences.  If another coin takes over, it should be an improvement on the original, and be rightfully called Bitcoin 2.0.

If some altcoins come up with a brilliant idea and the feature works great, bitcoin could adopt it and make it even better. Smiley
moko666

Activity: 635

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:13:22 PM

yes
it will
by the end of this year we can see it $1500+
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:39:11 PM

With short spikes and drops in Bitcoin value happening on a daily basis do you see Bitcoin reaching its previous peak value and also do you see it exceeding this value by a considerable distance?

Well, no one really knows if that's going to happen. The Bitcoin price is simply determined by demand and supply. How much people are willing to pay for a Bitcoin and how much people want to have for one. But we've been here before, people thought 'that's it, it's never going to get that high again' and whooops, there came another bubble.

littlewizard

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:41:52 PM

There is no doubt it will reach 1000 dollars, and it can go up maybe till 2000 or 3000 this year, maybe i am too optimistic, but in a few years, it is highly possible.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:46:43 AM

There is no doubt it will reach 1000 dollars, and it can go up maybe till 2000 or 3000 this year, maybe i am too optimistic, but in a few years, it is highly possible.

True, even a rise to $1000 would imply a ~70% return from current levels. Too good to be true for any asset class.  Grin
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:44:15 PM

it will reach it in 1 year max
wenben

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:00:03 PM

True, even a rise to $1000 would imply a ~70% return from current levels. Too good to be true for any asset class.  Grin

40% return if one year. Lower yield if longer.
elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:39:46 PM

It really depends...
If major retailers start accepting it like Dell did then im almost certain it will, the problem bitcoin has at the moment is that it is not the most easy to get into/use thing in the world and that will make mainstream adoption harder/slower.
I hope bitcoin does reach $1000 or above!

ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:20:13 AM

Bitcoin went up 100X lat year, and a similar amount the previous year so it would not be out of the question to rise 70% from current levels.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:41:09 AM

they will forbid it anyway

This may not be within their powers.  Smiley
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

I think it quite impossible
Governments don't like bitcoin or other altcoin

Just like they forbid the use of cannabis, file-sharing, and hundreds of other things which people use and do everyday? Tongue

Cryptos would survive even if every country in the world banned them.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:58:10 AM

I think it quite impossible
Governments don't like bitcoin or other altcoin

Just like they forbid the use of cannabis, file-sharing, and hundreds of other things which people use and do everyday? Tongue

Cryptos would survive even if every country in the world banned them.

Cryptos would survive, but if the government cuts off access to banking lines, most mainstream companies would shun them.
This would reduce the adoption of bitcoins to some niche areas.
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:30:37 AM

Yes most likely... bitcoin is just getting more and more popular meaning less supply for bitcoins themselves. thus it will get inflated in the future. Maybe 1 year.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:10:27 AM

Any day now or week or month
Basically whenever Bitcoin feels like it although Argentina helps a bit in being a possible trigger.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:54:19 AM

I have a sneaking feeling that bitcoin might just get there by the middle of next year (fingers crossed).  Possibly sooner if coins get's listed on NASDAQ before the end of the year but that's just my opinion. 

Omniescient

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:03:49 AM

With short spikes and drops in Bitcoin value happening on a daily basis do you see Bitcoin reaching its previous peak value and also do you see it exceeding this value by a considerable distance?

i think thats will possible to touch 5000 later . just take profit and save later.
it will real crazy bussines .
Peter882

Activity: 543

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

i think thats will possible to touch 5000 later . just take profit and save later.
it will real crazy bussines .
What???
Are you serious?Huh
So anyone can be Bill Gate???

Are you serious lol?
Even at $5000, you will need 16,000,000 btc (76% of all bitcoin) to be Bill Gates (with a net worth of $79.3 billion http://www.forbes.com/profile/bill-gates/). Cheesy

poisenrang

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:33:23 PM

so much discussions about it rising but is it true?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: