Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is that mysterious triangular cycle?  (Read 2132 times)
Blind (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 08:17:51 PM

I've seen it mentioned in few places, that cycle has not been completed yet, and when it is, price would be around $4.5 mark. Could someone shed some light on this, and provide graph for extra brownie points? Thanks!

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:10:13 PM

nobody cares about voodoo triangles.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

The head of the swan is re-emerging.  I see this as moving from bullish to duckish.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:28:23 PM

The head of the swan is re-emerging.  I see this as moving from bullish to duckish.

We're going to fly?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:05:28 PM

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:06:57 PM

Access Denied

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:07:42 PM

Fixed
Blind (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:38:38 PM

@RaggedMonk: Can't help but notice that your duck suffers from case of bloody diarrhea. Or it's just a contrail?

Anyway, now seeing how you're making fun of me and avoiding giving an answer, I'm sure that I'm on to something and I won't get fooled. Perhaps triangle data that you try to keep so secret is a holy grail of bitcoin technical analysis. A graph of thousands truths. I'll investigate further after I take my meds.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
bittenbob

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 11:43:41 PM

@RaggedMonk: Can't help but notice that your duck suffers from case of bloody diarrhea. Or it's just a contrail?

Anyway, now seeing how you're making fun of me and avoiding giving an answer, I'm sure that I'm on to something and I won't get fooled. Perhaps triangle data that you try to keep so secret is a holy grail of bitcoin technical analysis. A graph of thousands truths. I'll investigate further after I take my meds.

Triangles are no secret. They exist in every market but there is not always a triangle and it depends on what time scale you are looking at too. Basically you trend the lower and upper limits and if they are about to converge the direction of the triangle should tell you something about the price. There is also something about broken triangles which I don't fully understand but its only because I haven't bothered to look it up.

A little secret for you, there is no holy grail of trading indicators. Technical indicators on such a small market are irrelevant and I find sentiment among users on the forum to be most informative (Crash=Rallly Rally=Crash).

I made that MEME out of humor because they are not so mysterious. Its gotta be aliens!
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 01:42:36 AM

I do not know about these mysterious triangles. I have always assumed they were just the product of bored day traders playing with graphs in MSPaint while waiting for the ticker to move.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 01:50:30 AM

triangles indeed summon aliens...
who wants to trade magic at mtgox!?  Grin
Blind (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 04:21:49 AM

Triangles are no secret. They exist in every market but there is not always a triangle and it depends on what time scale you are looking at too. Basically you trend the lower and upper limits and if they are about to converge the direction of the triangle should tell you something about the price. There is also something about broken triangles which I don't fully understand but its only because I haven't bothered to look it up.

A little secret for you, there is no holy grail of trading indicators. Technical indicators on such a small market are irrelevant and I find sentiment among users on the forum to be most informative (Crash=Rallly Rally=Crash).

I made that MEME out of humor because they are not so mysterious. Its gotta be aliens!

Right, now I recall seeing these graphs. I am new to trading concept and my knowledge is little, was asking this question after seeing it mentioned in another post predicting $4.5 based on that indicator, so I was curious how that works. Now I know and agree it's useless in such small market.

And of course there is no HGoTI, if there was one, it would be crystal ball based. I'm trying to learn the game and and been making small trades based on my patent pending gut feeling, and I'm up ~20% over last few days, but beginner's luck I suppose Wink

Seal
Donator

Activity: 849
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 04:30:28 AM

I do not know about these mysterious triangles. I have always assumed they were just the product of bored day traders playing with graphs in MSPaint while waiting for the ticker to move.

Like yourself?  Cheesy loving it lol

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 05:58:46 AM

Google is your friend. Try searching Ascending/Descending Triangles.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 06:43:10 PM

I actually LOLed, thanks.

Some technical analysts make a lot of various "wedges" and "pennants"

Of course all anyone here cares about is the almighty sacred 10-21 exponential moving average cross...so away with you and your three pointed heresy.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: