Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypsty - is it trustworthy?  (Read 641 times)
cicardia (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:15:59 PM

One of the main issues I've had with Cryptsy is their withdrawal time. And once again...

Facts:
1. Issued withdrawal order at 2:46PM.
2. It's now 5:15PM and the wallet is still empty.
3. No sign of the transaction at http://altexplorer.net/

Apart from that, QT Bitcoin Trader dev, Ighor, was asked to add Cryptsy to his APP. While working on it, he found a security flaw in their API. He tried contacting them and till today got no answer. Is this the behavior you would expect from a serious business? I'm starting to seriously doubt Cryptsy. No wonder everyone's migrating to Mintpal.

I've submitted a ticket with Cryptsy's support. I'll update this post later on.
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:26:43 PM

Crypsty - is it trustworthy?

Yes.

Many of us trust Cryptsty a lot. That said even though the internet works at the speed of light Cryptsy doesn't have enough support staff to deal with everything in real time. Labor costs what they are their going to be limited to how many can be employed unless they further raise trading costs.

So delays, yes. Sometimes up to a day, or longer. Sometimes it helps to send a ticket, other times it doesn't matter in terms of how quickly things are resolved. Any problems, file a ticket as you need to do so. But in the end they always have taken care of everything that I know of. Sometimes it helps to give them a heads up though if your the first to have that type of issue in that currency lately.

I never worry about withdrawals, eventually they always show up as long as we get a confirmed message that it was accepted after clicking the email verify link. If you get that your good to relax. IF not recheck your withdrawals to be certain it's either pending or done. Same with deposits, they will show up eventually. 30 minutes and ready to utilize to 30 hours. Never know which depending on the currency and any wallet or server issues on their side.

With so many currencies (well over 100 wallets) and wallets stalling at times, overloaded at other times, as well as maybe servers too stalled at times, plus bringing out from cold storage many things can cause delays. It is what it is. They have plenty to keep them busy, lol.

It's the biggest and best Exchange to date, and the only one I have learned to trust, many others too.

But like anywhere that could change. With Cryptsy though I doubt that will be the case. I have done thousands of trades, all successful. And many dozens of withdrawals and deposits, all fine, some delayed. They have had plenty of growing pains, but proved to be reliable and survivors no matter what we toss at them.

I just don't sweat little stuff like delays. Best not to or it will drive one crazy. Relax, keep trading notes, I even copy/paste trading to notepad and save that so I know exactly what I did, only have to add how much the trade costs/receives and how many coins bought/sold manually, everything else copy and pastes. Same for deposits and withdrawals, keep notes so you can keep track and be certain and not have to sweat anything. At least that's how I do it.

So far everyone is taken care of in the end that I am aware of here. But yes, consider leaving a little dry powder for trading there if you don't want to depend on smooth, delay free deposits that take 30-45 minutes to clear and be ready for trading at a minimum, for always on time trading at the ready, if that's your thing. That said it's always best to leave most if not all in your own cold storage. Sometimes deposits can be delayed like withdrawals for up to 30 hours, rarely longer. That's not unusual nor should it be alarming. File a ticket after 4 to 24 hours as desired or if it's a thinly traded currency since that wallet may be stalled without them realizing it already.

This is all stuff I figured out utilizing them. Cryptsy isn't a place I worry about. Eventually it always works out after nearly 3000 trades on my end.

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:34:06 AM

One of the main issues I've had with Cryptsy is their withdrawal time. And once again...

Facts:
1. Issued withdrawal order at 2:46PM.
2. It's now 5:15PM and the wallet is still empty.
3. No sign of the transaction at http://altexplorer.net/

Apart from that, QT Bitcoin Trader dev, Ighor, was asked to add Cryptsy to his APP. While working on it, he found a security flaw in their API. He tried contacting them and till today got no answer. Is this the behavior you would expect from a serious business? I'm starting to seriously doubt Cryptsy. No wonder everyone's migrating to Mintpal.

I've submitted a ticket with Cryptsy's support. I'll update this post later on.

Cryptsy is trustworthy just slow sometimes, it might take up to 2-3 days before you see deposit or withdrawal...

XorrTGJ

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:28:53 PM

well, that's just not professional enough.
BTCjust

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:29:45 AM

noone is trustworthy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: