Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:56:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to buy 360$ of btc via paypal  (Read 546 times)
versificateur (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:27:17 PM

Hi,

I want to buy btc up to 360$ via paypal. please make your offers

As a scammer lost my time yesterday I want to be clear on the term of any transaction with me.

- You can sent first if you want (that's up to you)
- You can send the btc you claim to have to an escrow (DannyHamilton maybe)
- Once the escrow stated that he received the claimed btc amount I'll send you the paypal funds
- I'll also give the escrow a copy of my ID and access to my paypal account so that he can ensure you that I'm the owner of my account.
- the escrow may also keep that ID copy and give it to you in case of any litigation concerning the transaction. While some may argue that his account was hijacked, it's hard to explain where the seller got your official ID and doubt paypal will refund someone in this case.

You must also have a verified paypal account otherwise, paypal will simply block the payment. I will also add the escrow address and txid as well as the amount of btc bought in the payment note so that paypal can easily verify that a corresponding had been made to this address.

To finish I want to re-warn everyone

There are many people who have been scammed and lost money because they accepted PayPal in exchange for bitcoins.  It is NEVER safe to accept PayPal payments in exchange for bitcoins, but you can be a bit safer as long as you only accept PayPal payments from individuals for which you have significant trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truongs

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:42:10 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619452.0

this guy is shady. do not sell to him, or else enjoy your paypal charge back.
Jonesberry

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:39:25 PM

i have some BTC for sale ( Accept PayPal )

Pm me if you want Smiley
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:26:44 PM

Hi,

I want to buy btc up to 360$ via paypal. please make your offers

As a scammer lost my time yesterday I want to be clear on the term of any transaction with me.

- You can sent first if you want (that's up to you)
- You can send the btc you claim to have to an escrow (DannyHamilton maybe)
- Once the escrow stated that he received the claimed btc amount I'll send you the paypal funds
- I'll also give the escrow a copy of my ID and access to my paypal account so that he can ensure you that I'm the owner of my account.
- the escrow may also keep that ID copy and give it to you in case of any litigation concerning the transaction. While some may argue that his account was hijacked, it's hard to explain where the seller got your official ID and doubt paypal will refund someone in this case.

You must also have a verified paypal account otherwise, paypal will simply block the payment. I will also add the escrow address and txid as well as the amount of btc bought in the payment note so that paypal can easily verify that a corresponding had been made to this address.

To finish I want to re-warn everyone

There are many people who have been scammed and lost money because they accepted PayPal in exchange for bitcoins.  It is NEVER safe to accept PayPal payments in exchange for bitcoins, but you can be a bit safer as long as you only accept PayPal payments from individuals for which you have significant trust.

To be safe, forgo Paypal altogether, find something else. Escow+Paypal is worthless. Paypal+BTC is a horrible idea, verified or not.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
versificateur (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:09:45 PM

I just can't. that means withdraw from paypal to bank account (3 days) + Send to btc/kraken (2/3days). So I won't be able to buy btc before almost a week, with paypal it's done within a couple of hours.
ryanizgod

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:13:19 PM

i can take out all my money from my paypal in the uk within 5mins and it costs me £0
versificateur (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:22:17 PM

Then you're lucky in the UK.
In France it cost zero to take out your money from paypal but you don't get the fund in your bank account until a couple of days (2 or 3 days)
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:26:38 PM

I just can't. that means withdraw from paypal to bank account (3 days) + Send to btc/kraken (2/3days). So I won't be able to buy btc before almost a week, with paypal it's done within a couple of hours.

How long has it been since you posted your request?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
versificateur (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:32:53 PM

You're right may be I'll end up doing withdrawal + kraken/bitstamp
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:36:53 PM

You're right may be I'll end up doing withdrawal + kraken/bitstamp

Maybe localbitcoins.com?

Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: