Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Alpha-T 18mh/s Viper  (Read 597 times)
coinmastery (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:11:51 PM

My business partner and I want to transfer our Alpha-T Viper 18Mh/s batch ONE deposit.

Price:  we paid 405 GBP (30% deposit), so we're looking for ~1.3BTC (negotiable)

Why:  we're no longer in the mining business (we're focusing our energy on cryptocurrency services now, keep an eye out for us!)

How:  we'll take BTC and figure out some way to transfer the pre-order over to you (most likely just ask Alpha-T to update the email + shipping address on the order)

Additional benefits of taking over our deposit:
A reminder of the benefits of being a batch 1 customer: Being able to order first as well as free shipping for batch 2, 10% off any future batch of your choice and free cloud hashing from our cloud mining service (we are not ready to release details yet but know that the reason behind this is to match potential competition).

Proof (PM for more):

https://i.imgur.com/7N5EITB.png

Note: The screenshot shows 5Mh/s but it's actually an 18Mh/s device, see quote from Alpha-T:

Please note: All 25 Mh/s devices are now 90 Mh/s and 5 Mh/s are now 18 Mh/s, your invoice may show an older hash rate so do not worry just ignore this.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:27:53 AM

Your alpha preorders are worthless; I doubt anyone would take it for free, let alone give you any money for it.  Just the remaining balance alone, ignoring having to pay you for the deposit, is 1000 pounds and the miner is what, 10 weeks minimum from shipping if it ever even ships at all?  For 1000 pounds one can get the same hash delivered TODAY.
My suggestion would be to take them up on the refund offer.  50% is better then 0%.
coinmastery (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:10:46 AM

Your alpha preorders are worthless; I doubt anyone would take it for free, let alone give you any money for it.  Just the remaining balance alone, ignoring having to pay you for the deposit, is 1000 pounds and the miner is what, 10 weeks minimum from shipping if it ever even ships at all?  For 1000 pounds one can get the same hash delivered TODAY.
My suggestion would be to take them up on the refund offer.  50% is better then 0%.

We haven't been following the mining scene at all in the past few months, and this was paid for by the Dogecoin we mined so it's not a big deal.

I did a quick search out of interest, but I couldn't find what you were referring to:  the A2 devices seem to range between ~2000-2400 USD for 18Mh/s which is roughly the same as this but you can only get the better prices with a high-priced group buy;  the Titan looks pretty good but it's not shipping yet?  Also, where did you see there was a 50% refund, I've not seen that (I believe Alpha-T offered order cancellation up until a few months ago, but that time has passed.)
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:41:52 AM

G blades can be had new for 750ish each (they can be had for even less used) and do around 5.5MH/s each.  3 of them give similar performance at a similar price and can be had today.  Alpha-T is not shipping for at least 10 more weeks at which point they will only be worth a fraction of what you have to pay for them, and of course that is if they ship on time.  They aren't very forthcoming with information on their progress (never a good sign) but it looks like they are way behind schedule; I wouldn't be surprised if they never deliver anything.  Last I checked though they were offering 50% refunds on the deposit but I guess that may have changed. 
coinmastery (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:05:38 PM

Ah, thanks for the background.

To be fair, 750 USD for 5.5Mh/s translates to 750/5.5 = ~136.36 USD/Mh/s.

Then * 18 = 2454 USD = 1450 GBP for 18Mh/s which is almost exactly what the Alpha-T costs incl international shipping.

So if anybody is struggling to find G blades used or new (presumably stocks are limited?) and believes Alpha-T will ship, there is still an opportunity here (given that there's some negotiating room here with us on 30% of the price).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: