Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another rally cut short by bitcoinica..  (Read 3004 times)
teflone (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 05:44:36 AM

I see this all the time now...

the starfish is back!  yippie!

I notice it move only as much as the leverage available, then the star comes up.. and movements are stopped.. 

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 06:25:09 AM

yeah, maybe you should open a site and lend money to people to buy coins. Also try never to run out no matter how much people want to borrow.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 09:02:22 AM

I see this all the time now...

the starfish is back!  yippie!

I notice it move only as much as the leverage available, then the star comes up.. and movements are stopped.. 
If the Bitcoinica asterisk is stopping the supposed rally, then it's not a real rally.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 09:08:02 AM

Is it true, did you spot the * again?!

I’ve only seen it a few days ago when the price was 5.6.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 09:16:48 AM

yeah, maybe you should open a site and lend money to people to buy coins. Also try never to run out no matter how much people want to borrow.
how then pay won (If the majority of players will close out positions with a profit)?

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 09:26:51 AM

Only problem is bitcoinica is tying up money witch would be spent on mtgox otherwise. Only money on the real market can influence the price imo.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 09:55:51 AM

Is it true, did you spot the * again?!

I’ve only seen it a few days ago when the price was 5.6.

I also don't see it. Maybe it popped up for a short moment, and people sold when they saw it? Strange stuff.
teflone (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 06:29:08 PM

Only problem is bitcoinica is tying up money witch would be spent on mtgox otherwise. Only money on the real market can influence the price imo.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 06:35:17 PM

that service should be called FreeMoney

I see what you did there

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
teflone (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 06:55:12 PM

BINGO!!!!!!!!
not so bingo when you have leverage

Bitcoinica's leverage is a joke..  plain and simple

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:45:26 PM

If only it were true that Bitcoinica trades didn't influence prices. Essentially that would even out a lot of speculative bubbles and crashes. I don't think that's the case, though. The moves just happen in larger spikes when Bitcoinica has to buy or sell USD to cover their positions as  people liquidate or get force liquidated.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
teflone (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:49:34 PM

half the moves people make dont translate to mtgox..

It absorbs movement.

Then someone makes a big play on it, and then stopped by the starfish..

Its stupid.. its hindering normal movement up.   

And does almost nothing to hinder movement down.

Awesome model..

teflone (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

In other words, if all these plays were just people on mtgox, and their own money..

We would have had a serious movement up weeks ago...

Timbo925

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:53:37 PM

Well as long as bitcoinica doesn't trade on the real market their is no way it can influence it. It is a closed of system and the price is only based on the mtgox price.
If I sell 100BTC at bitcoinica at a leverage of 10. This will change noting at the value of the price on bitcoinica because it takes it prices of mtgox and these prices didn't change.
At the end it doesn't matter what happens to my money on bitcionica. It's a closed of system.

teflone (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:57:25 PM

Well as long as bitcoinica doesn't trade on the real market their is no way it can influence it. It is a closed of system and the price is only based on the mtgox price.
If I sell 100BTC at bitcoinica at a leverage of 10. This will change noting at the value of the price on bitcoinica because it takes it prices of mtgox and these prices didn't change.
At the end it doesn't matter what happens to my money on bitcionica. It's a closed of system.

Well yes, it acts like a closed system..

But it isnt totally..   there is a lot of "Wash" internally on bitcoinica..

And its just reactionary to mtgox.. soo..

Its just stifling the money

M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 08:31:58 PM

No. Most of the trades you do on Bitcoinica end up on MtGox in one way or another. Try to go short/long for more than 50 BTC and see what happens on Mtgox Live. Anything smaller maybe is accounted for internally, but bigger positions are always reflected on MtGox.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 08:32:12 PM

So it's a black hole for demand somehow, but not supply?

It's obviously not a 'closed system' either. It doesn't have to pass everything somewhere else to not be closed, it has to pass anything ever to not be closed.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 08:36:17 PM

I love how everything bad is bitcoinica's fault now.
Timbo925

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 08:38:46 PM

No. Most of the trades you do on Bitcoinica end up on MtGox in one way or another. Try to go short/long for more than 50 BTC and see what happens on Mtgox Live. Anything smaller maybe is accounted for internally, but bigger positions are always reflected on MtGox.

Ok didn't now that. Only problem I see then is when ppl want to go long and their is a *. Al the money on bitcoinica cant go long so is indeed slows a 'rally'. If their money was on mtgox it was still tradeble.
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 09:27:47 PM

I love how everything bad is bitcoinica's fault now.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: