Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop falling for the Mintpal pump and dump scam (this should be a forum sticky)  (Read 2125 times)
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:54:21 AM

The same group that pump and dumped Blackcoin and Cinnicoin is doing the same thing with Darkcoin.  It's so stupidly obvious because they only use the same exchange to do it every time, the same or similar amount of volume every time, and I've even talked to these people on IRC about it.  The part about them using shady tactics to attempt to make money in an unregulated market isn't what bothers me, what bothers me is, they are forcing coins that are basically crap into the top 10 and eventually some of them might stick and we'll be forced to buy them to participate in crypto.  Cinnicoin is the best example of this, it has completely idiotic block times that would never work as a functional currency, yet somehow they managed to fool all these people into keeping it not only afloat, but an insanely high market cap.

I'm sure I'm not the only person bothered by whatever coins succeeding or failing right now isn't determined by technical merit, fair distribution, or any kind of rational variables, but entirely decided by what a random pump and dump group decides to do when they wake up in the morning.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:58:47 AM

Mintpal makes bribing transparent
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:02:43 AM

The same group that pump and dumped Blackcoin and Cinnicoin is doing the same thing with Darkcoin.  It's so stupidly obvious because they only use the same exchange to do it every time, the same or similar amount of volume every time, and I've even talked to these people on IRC about it.  The part about them using shady tactics to attempt to make money in an unregulated market isn't what bothers me, what bothers me is, they are forcing coins that are basically crap into the top 10 and eventually some of them might stick and we'll be forced to buy them to participate in crypto.  Cinnicoin is the best example of this, it has completely idiotic block times that would never work as a functional currency, yet somehow they managed to fool all these people into keeping it not only afloat, but an insanely high market cap.

I'm sure I'm not the only person bothered by whatever coins succeeding or failing right now isn't determined by technical merit, fair distribution, or any kind of rational variables, but entirely decided by what a random pump and dump group decides to do when they wake up in the morning.

1+

Money Is Information
RJ2013

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:06:41 PM

OMG just ride on to this boat, you're big enough to know when to jump, Thanks a lot DRK!!! i know from the beginning DRK is special coin. 1DRK=1.5BTC soon, so many jealous guys here, just buy the coin and sell it with profit don't be a crying baby.  Roll Eyes

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:11:06 PM

OMG just ride on to this boat, you're big enough to know when to jump, Thanks a lot DRK!!! i know from the beginning DRK is special coin. 1DRK=1.5BTC soon, so many jealous guys here, just buy the coin and sell it with profit don't be a crying baby.  Roll Eyes

When people read crap like this, they should run away from coins like DRK and fast!.

Tell me why DRK is so special?
Where did you come up with 1 drk = 1.5 BTC?

"OMG just ride on to this boat"
"just buy the coin"
"don't cry like a baby"

Same people who got prison gangraped on the Blackcoin and Cinni scam pumps will also get burned on DRK trying to "invest" on this type of advice.

RJ2013

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:28:42 PM

When people read crap like this, they should run away from coins like DRK and fast!.

Tell me why DRK is so special?
Where did you come up with 1 drk = 1.5 BTC?

"OMG just ride on to this boat"
"just buy the coin"
"don't cry like a baby"

Same people who got prison gangraped on the Blackcoin and Cinni scam pumps will also get burned on DRK trying to "invest" on this type of advice.

Why DRK is so special? simple its make your investment double or more in a matter of time..

As a miner and trader at the same time, my main objective is to go to the coin where i can earn more faster, that's the most objective of the community of this cryptoworld...

can you tell me any special coin you know? all of them are shitcoin including bitcoin,  we all here to make money and to make money there should be a losser so somebody will be a winner. DRK is the main attraction now so where to you think we will go? Naut? BC? Cinni? they are all the same dude.

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:45:10 PM

Its called "market making".
Nothing new or irregular about that.
Where were you when .net stocks were hyped.
A freak babbling about shit on CNBC was enough to raise billions.
Thats how things get started. Same same but different.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
SaraMine

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:18:58 PM

every coin is now pump & dump...and people get in to the boat or not

gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:58 PM

OMG just ride on to this boat, you're big enough to know when to jump, Thanks a lot DRK!!! i know from the beginning DRK is special coin. 1DRK=1.5BTC soon, so many jealous guys here, just buy the coin and sell it with profit don't be a crying baby.  Roll Eyes

hmmm *farts*

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:25:49 PM

Next time you talk to them in IRC could you suggest they pump EAC I'm a huuuudge bagholder.
SaraMine

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

Next time you talk to them in IRC could you suggest they pump EAC I'm a huuuudge bagholder.

haha Earthcoin is alive?

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:52:44 PM

There's nothing wrong with pumping and dumping, as long as I know about it early and get in on the profit making!

I would never be stupid enough to spend actual money buying a coin that is on a rapid rise in price.  I would only mine it.

Give me the contact info for the pump and dumpers, I want to work with them to make money for myself.  PM it to me.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:55:49 PM

same with doge ... guess what? 'wolong'
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

Sorry but this wont happen, same thing said with xpm, if you dint know all the alts togheter are only 9% of bitcoin market cap.. so if litecoin isnt at 1/4 bitcoin the chances for darkcoin are less
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:17:07 PM

Why do you care what other people trade? 
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:20:24 PM

Did they do this to mintcoin to?
I mean 60 satoshi to 8 satoshi in a couple of months
But the part from 10 to 60 satoshi was in like 24 hours.
My only fault was not selling at 40 Satoshi then 20 Satoshi, Then rebuying at a lower price.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:31:55 PM

Darkcoin is the clear market leader in anonymous-oriented coins, and is the oldest and furthest along in development. Per the Buffett rule that makes it the most attractive investment in this niche. As the the size of the niche, consider the following:

1. Companies dealing with crypto in their finances will not want competitors viewing all their transaction details. With Bitcoin (etc), every time an accounting dept. employee left Company A for Company B (or just wanted to sell secrets for cash), Company A's finances would be laid bare. So anonymity will be a Corporate Standard going forward - not some obscure niche for drug deals.

2. Likewise, don't assume governments will be hostile to anonymity. They can use it too. I can imagine some heated arguments right about now between NSA types wanting to ban it, while CIA managers across the table yell "NO!, we're using it to pay off informants and finance our operations in Whateveristan!"  Who invented TOR, after all? Darkcoin is to money what TOR is to information transfer.

The same logic for #1 applies to just about everyone. Do you want your finances scrutinized by nosy neighbors? Sure, you can try to keep your accounts private, but I imagine there will be plenty of times that kind of info leaks out for a variety of reasons, and then you are exposed. So anonymity is for EVERYONE. We will all be wanting it. The only question now is how to most efficiently provide it. For now Darkcoin is the clear leader.

It might top out today. Or it might be the coin that displaces Bitcoin, assuming a couple things happen just right. All I know is that it is only at a fraction of its potential now, pumps notwithstanding.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

Darkcoin is the clear market leader in anonymous-oriented coins, and is the oldest and furthest along in development. Per the Buffett rule that makes it the most attractive investment in this niche. As the the size of the niche, consider the following:

1. Companies dealing with crypto in their finances will not want competitors viewing all their transaction details. With Bitcoin (etc), every time an accounting dept. employee left Company A for Company B (or just wanted to sell secrets for cash), Company A's finances would be laid bare. So anonymity will be a Corporate Standard going forward - not some obscure niche for drug deals.

2. Likewise, don't assume governments will be hostile to anonymity. They can use it too. I can imagine some heated arguments right about now between NSA types wanting to ban it, while CIA managers across the table yell "NO!, we're using it to pay off informants and finance our operations in Whateveristan!"  Who invented TOR, after all? Darkcoin is to money what TOR is to information transfer.

The same logic for #1 applies to just about everyone. Do you want your finances scrutinized by nosy neighbors? Sure, you can try to keep your accounts private, but I imagine there will be plenty of times that kind of info leaks out for a variety of reasons, and then you are exposed. So anonymity is for EVERYONE. We will all be wanting it. The only question now is how to most efficiently provide it. For now Darkcoin is the clear leader.

It might top out today. Or it might be the coin that displaces Bitcoin, assuming a couple things happen just right. All I know is that it is only at a fraction of it's potential now, pumps notwithstanding.

+1
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

Darkcoin is the clear market leader in anonymous-oriented coins

It's really just a tumbler with the option to tumble at several different places instead of one...while also charging fees to do so.  If anything is the "market leader", it's probably Bytecoin and it's descendants since the anonyimizer is built into the protocol without fees.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:32:39 PM

and is the oldest and furthest along in development.

Shills with zero knowledge, Cryptonote has been development since 2012 and is the most advanced anon protocol, think Monero
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: