Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MobileMiner: Monitor & Control your Farm from your Browser or Phone w/Open API  (Read 34363 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 04:27:57 AM

Hey folks - just wanted to show a quick preview of the upcoming support for the iOS 8 Today Screen in our iOS app:

This and more should be ready when iOS 8 drops. Happy mining!  Cheesy

Another new feature for iOS 8 - you can swipe to Stop and Restart mining from notifications:

Stopping mining requires entering your passcode if you have that OS feature enabled in iOS.

Coming soon!  Cool

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:02:35 PM

Version 2.1 of the MobileMiner iOS app has been submitted to Apple for review and should be available when iOS 8 drops:

• A new Today Screen widget on iOS 8
• Notification Actions in iOS 8 for Stopping and Restarting mining
• Support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Increased the limit on number of machines shown
• Sort devices by name
• Fix unnecessarily cropped pool information

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 01:57:50 PM

If you've updated to iOS 8 and / or grabbed an iPhone 6, version 2.1 of the iOS app for MobileMiner is available on the App Store!

A new Today Screen widget on iOS 8

Notification Actions in iOS 8 for Stopping and Restarting mining

As well as:

• Support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Increased the limit on number of machines shown
• Sort devices by name
• Fix unnecessarily cropped pool information

Happy mining!  Grin

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:47:42 PM

I've added my MobileMiner code in Minera but on my phone it doesn't show any active devices. Am I missing some important thing to activate or something? Smiley Even tried making a new account/code but no success.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:46:04 PM

I've added my MobileMiner code in Minera but on my phone it doesn't show any active devices. Am I missing some important thing to activate or something? Smiley Even tried making a new account/code but no success.

Can you check the web app?

http://web.mobileminerapp.com

Also could you please email your MobileMiner application key or registered email address to nate @ mobileminerapp.com.

Jybrael

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

I haven't been able to make this software work...I like the idea of this app.  Can you give me a little bit more assistance I have tried everything.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

I haven't been able to make this software work...I like the idea of this app.  Can you give me a little bit more assistance I have tried everything.

What mining software are you using?

Jybrael

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:09:34 AM

I am using CGminer to do most of the mining work for me right now I am putting the mining on hold can't decide which one is profitable to mine ;-(
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:26:52 AM

Going over the numbers - MobileMiner is currently managing 300 Th/s SHA2 and 3 Th/s Scrypt!  Grin

panqueque

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:38:18 PM

this is a really great extension to a really great app
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 07:28:46 AM

Hi folks - just a quick note to let you know that the MobileMiner HTML5 app now supports Hour, Day, Week, and Month views for the various historical charts:

Happy mining!  Grin

AJinNYC

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:27:23 AM

Don't know if you'd be able to help or not since you're not the author of this script, but how do I run CGMinerMobileAdapter on Windows? I have no idea how to install it or run it. I have python installed, but can't figure out what to do with the install.sh file. When I run the python script directly a prompt window opens then immediately closes... can't tell what it does, because it's too quick.

Done with this forum. Goodbye all.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:47:11 AM

Don't know if you'd be able to help or not since you're not the author of this script, but how do I run CGMinerMobileAdapter on Windows? I have no idea how to install it or run it. I have python installed, but can't figure out what to do with the install.sh file. When I run the python script directly a prompt window opens then immediately closes... can't tell what it does, because it's too quick.

From taking a quick look at the install.sh that portion is not made for Windows at all. So you'll need to read through the install.sh script and try to make out what needs to happen on Windows.

https://github.com/dreadpiratepj/CGMinerMobileAdapter/blob/master/install.sh

It looks like you'll need to install argparse using pip. There is information on installing Python and pip on Windows here:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/9038397/33112

It looks like you'll also need to manually create a settings.conf file and then place your email address, application key, and machine name each on separate lines.

Finally you should be able to run the CGMinerMobileAdapter.py using Python from the command line.

You may have an easier time using MultiMiner as you only need to unzip it and it will detect miners and submit their statistics to MobileMiner.

AJinNYC

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:54:14 AM

You may have an easier time using MultiMiner as you only need to unzip it and it will detect miners and submit their statistics to MobileMiner.

I would but this is the computer that's going to be running my RockMiners, so CGMiner seems to be the only viable option to be running them at full speed.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 01:03:22 AM

I would but this is the computer that's going to be running my RockMiners, so CGMiner seems to be the only viable option to be running them at full speed.

You don't need to actually perform the mining with MultiMiner. MultiMiner will automatically detect any other miners on your network as long as their RPC API is enabled. You can monitor and manage those miners from within MultiMiner and benefit from MobileMiner support.

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#network-devices

So run CGMiner (however you want) using the --api-listen, --api-port and --api-allow commands and you should be all set. MultiMiner will pick up the miners and submit them to MobileMiner. There's a "Network Only" option under Settings > Advanced Settings specifically for this scenario where MultiMiner will not, itself, be mining.

AJinNYC

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

You don't need to actually perform the mining with MultiMiner. MultiMiner will automatically detect any other miners on your network as long as their RPC API is enabled. You can monitor and manage those miners from within MultiMiner and benefit from MobileMiner support.

So run CGMiner (however you want) using the --api-listen, --api-port and --api-allow commands and you should be all set. MultiMiner will pick up the miners and submit them to MobileMiner. There's a "Network Only" option under Settings > Advanced Settings specifically for this scenario where MultiMiner will not, itself, be mining.

Try to configure the CGMiner config for this to work:

This is what I got:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" :,
"user" :,
"pass" :
}
]
"anu-freq" : "250.0",
"api-description" : "cgminer 4.9.0",
"api-mcast-addr" : "224.0.0.75",
"api-mcast-code" : "FTW",
"api-mcast-des" : "",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"api-listen" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:10.0.0.1/24, W:127.0.0.1",
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-host" : "0.0.0.0",
"au3-freq" : "225.0",
"au3-volt" : "750",
"bflsc-overheat" : "85",
"bitburner-voltage" : "1200",
"bitburner-fury-voltage" : "900",
"bxf-bits" : "54",
"bxf-debug" : "0",
"bxf-temp-target" : "82",
"bxm-bits" : "54",
"cta-load" : "0",
"ps-load" : "0",
"expiry" : "120",
"hfa-hash-clock" : "550",
"hfa-fail-drop" : "10",
"hfa-temp-overheat" : "95",
"hfa-temp-target" : "88",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"nfu-bits" : "50",
"osm-led-mode" : "4",
"queue" : "1",
"rock-freq" : "270.0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"shares" : "0",
"suggest-diff" : "0"
}

But MultiMiner isn't picking it up. I'm running MM on the same computer as CGMiner.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:19:00 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 05:34:07 PM by nwoolls

Try to configure the CGMiner config for this to work:

This is what I got:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" :,
"user" :,
"pass" :
}
]
"anu-freq" : "250.0",
"api-description" : "cgminer 4.9.0",
"api-mcast-addr" : "224.0.0.75",
"api-mcast-code" : "FTW",
"api-mcast-des" : "",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"api-listen" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:10.0.0.1/24, W:127.0.0.1",
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-host" : "0.0.0.0",
"au3-freq" : "225.0",
"au3-volt" : "750",
"bflsc-overheat" : "85",
"bitburner-voltage" : "1200",
"bitburner-fury-voltage" : "900",
"bxf-bits" : "54",
"bxf-debug" : "0",
"bxf-temp-target" : "82",
"bxm-bits" : "54",
"cta-load" : "0",
"ps-load" : "0",
"expiry" : "120",
"hfa-hash-clock" : "550",
"hfa-fail-drop" : "10",
"hfa-temp-overheat" : "95",
"hfa-temp-target" : "88",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"nfu-bits" : "50",
"osm-led-mode" : "4",
"queue" : "1",
"rock-freq" : "270.0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"shares" : "0",
"suggest-diff" : "0"
}

But MultiMiner isn't picking it up. I'm running MM on the same computer as CGMiner.

What is the IP address of the machine?

Edit: scratch that. In reviewing the network scan code I see I remove the local PC IP addresses as an optimization. So for now (until I fix that) you'll need to quit MultiMiner and edit the NetworkDevicesConfiguration.xml file (found in %appdata%\MultiMiner on Windows) and add an entry manually, e.g.:

Code:
 <NetworkDevice>
    <IPAddress>10.X.Y.Z</IPAddress>
    <Port>4028</Port>
    <Sticky>true</Sticky>
    <Hidden>false</Hidden>
    <RecentCommands />
  </NetworkDevice>

AJinNYC

Bored with you morons.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:59:19 PM

Edit: scratch that. In reviewing the network scan code I see I remove the local PC IP addresses as an optimization. So for now (until I fix that) you'll need to quit MultiMiner and edit the NetworkDevicesConfiguration.xml file (found in %appdata%\MultiMiner on Windows) and add an entry manually, e.g.:

Code:
 <NetworkDevice>
    <Port>4028</Port>
    <Sticky>true</Sticky>
    <Hidden>false</Hidden>
    <RecentCommands />
  </NetworkDevice>

Got ya... I set-up another computer to use MultiMiner directly for all the other hardware I have, and the CGMiner process is being detected there (as a network device), so as you said it's the local IP address thing, since the other computer is seeing it.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 05:28:55 AM

Code:
 <NetworkDevice>
    <Port>4028</Port>
    <Sticky>true</Sticky>
    <Hidden>false</Hidden>
    <RecentCommands />
  </NetworkDevice>

Got ya... I set-up another computer to use MultiMiner directly for all the other hardware I have, and the CGMiner process is being detected there (as a network device), so as you said it's the local IP address thing, since the other computer is seeing it.

Good to hear it's working.

The latest version of MultiMiner (3.8.4) updates the scanning code to find miners on the same PC. You need to make sure you whitelist the network-facing IP, not just 127.0.0.1 (which you already have).

ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:54:45 PM

On the webpage I have all my miners, but on my mobile about only the half of them.

Any ideas why?

How many miners total, and how many are showing in the mobile app? The mobile app uses different limits on data due to its nature.

173-175 total.

About the half shows.

If you want me to count them and check I need some time.  Smiley

Yup - you're hitting the limit on the mobile apps. I'll bump it in the next round of updates. What OS (iOS, Android, WP)?

Edit: in the meantime the HTML5 site should show all of your machines: http://web.mobileminerapp.com

Yep, the web is fine.

I have only problem with the mobil app. I'm using Android.

Thanks for clarifying - I'll get the mobile apps updated ASAP.

Maybe any news on this one?

Edit: only CC payment to upgrade?

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: