Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread  (Read 50211 times)
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:37:33 AM

I hope people will make some deals at these prices with all of these bitcoins and moneros on the books.

yes, buy your moneroj now, it is still cheap!  Smiley

and please use the correct plural  Grin

The j at the end is actually incorrect, it would be correct if you were writing in the esperanto language, but since your using it in context with the english language, the correct plural would be s, moneros

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:48:20 AM

I hope people will make some deals at these prices with all of these bitcoins and moneros on the books.

The j at the end is actually incorrect, it would be correct if you were writing in the esperanto language, but since your using it in context with the english language, the correct plural would be s, moneros

Monerojes! Cheesy

I do like that there's some contextually tough way of saying the plural in English. I remember trying to word out how Doge should be pronounced in my head many times in a similar fashion.

Thanks Smiley
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:50:32 AM

the plural of the latin "museum" is also "musea" and generally accepted I think (it is for sure the right plural to use in Dutch, i'm not a native english speaker)
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:03:47 AM

yes, buy your moneroj now, it is still cheap!  Smiley

and please use the correct plural  Grin

the plural of the latin "museum" is also "musea" and generally accepted I think (it is for sure the right plural to use in Dutch, i'm not a native english speaker)

People speaking english don't say musea, they say museums, though musea is also technically correct. Basically, most english speakers use ,s, when saying the plural.of a word, so they say the plural of dog, as dogs, cat as cats, etc etc, and english is the 2nd biggest language on earth and widely growing, besides the chinese dialects because of their sheer population Ah, your not native so its ok.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:32:43 AM

Any word on when Monero might be getting added to Cryptsy?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:12:35 PM

BCX stated that he talked with Cryptsy and it will be added as soon as they figure out how.
Expect a large price increase when this happens.
Monero is in case you don't know, completely different from Bitcoin so the exchanges have the to do special changes to their deposit and withdrawal systems to support Monero.
This is only good, it allows Monero to grow slowly.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:29:05 PM

BCX stated that he talked with Cryptsy and it will be added as soon as they figure out how.
Monero is in case you don't know, completely different from Bitcoin so the exchanges have the to do special changes to their deposit and withdrawal systems to support Monero.

I know nothing about Cryptsy but Monero is currently on at least 9 exchanges now.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:37:58 PM

does anyone know how many coins miners dump on the market each day?

Daily trading of XMR is 300% of what is mined, so how much miners dump directly dont realy matter. It is to tiny compared with volume.

The inflation is about 20,000 XMR == 90 BTC.

If we look at this in economics context, the miner has two businesses:

- Mining, in which he tries to produce coins the cheapest
- Investing/speculating, unless he immediately sells all the coins mined.

Your question is in a way irrelevant, because the miner "ceases to be a miner" if he also holds. If he is willing to hold the mined coins, he is as willing to buy the coins from an exchange. In theory at least (and xmr is quite an example of a "perfect market" for btc holders).

If otoh you were interested in knowing the percentage of miners that hold instead of sell, yes, my guess is that it is quite high. But all these withheld coins would likely have been bought instead in the market by the same guys.

In any case, the market must absorb the daily inflation. Monero's daily inflation is 2.5% of Bitcoin's. The price, is 0.43%. Monero is in an uptrend, with bitcoin that is not certain from the charts. We can conclude that in the investment flows point of view, Monero enjoys a much more important position than the market cap alone would lead us to think.

thank you both for the detailed response.

i have been buying xmr consistently lately and im please with the results.

it seems the buy support is always larger than any miner 'dumps' which is very comforting.

looks like bright days ahead.

Wikstr80

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:56:30 AM

lol i think you can trust all the same. no exchange wil try to scam you since that would be just bad advertisement. No lock that cant be broken exist on Earth, so all exchanges can also be hacked. But if you wil think only of this you will not get nowhere. Just pick exchange, and buy. put on your wallet and forget about it for a year or 2.

BTW, i never saw on Poloniex anywhere close to 500 BTC offered to buy XMR as are now. 200 BTC was for over 0.0039.

Ok, i think that I will use Poloniex and hitbtc. Do you happen to know any exchanges with better terms than Poloniex and hitbtc?
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:33:55 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 10:04:06 AM by dreamspark

More exchanges is fine but I think they will struggle to take much volume away from Polo, crytsy hasnt been up there for a while and there are many who don't trust it at all.

Guess they still have a following though so it will likely introduce some new market players.
bangersdad

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:54:23 AM

The support over 39 on polo is now quite unbelievable - if those walls are to be believed - 361 btc to 39. Maybe we will not have a repeat of last month where the price crashed at the middle of the month..could we have established a new floor in the mid 4's
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:00:32 PM

If anyone truly thought that 0.0039 was too high, how about selling to it?

After all, it is a full 70% higher than the last low! The wall has been there for days.

No takers?

Perhaps the shorts are soon feeling the heat. 100,000 xmr needs to be bought back, would take the price to 0.008  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
dreamspark

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:06:45 PM

If anyone truly thought that 0.0039 was too high, how about selling to it?

After all, it is a full 70% higher than the last low! The wall has been there for days.

No takers?

Perhaps the shorts are soon feeling the heat. 100,000 xmr needs to be bought back, would take the price to 0.008  Grin

Added to that there's 140BTC/35k XMR to sell before we even get near to 0.0039.

To buy the same amount of XMR as needs to be sold to reach 0.0039 would see us reaching 0.0054.

Conclusion, potential explosive upside as bigger buyers become bored with how difficult it can be to obtain sizable stacks.
mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:24:52 PM

Expect a price erosion when this happens. Everybody knows what it means when a coin is listed on Craptsy. Its crowded with big pocket pimps playing the PnD game the whole long day. They dont give a shit about any long term prospects. Its no wonder that its the last exchange to add XMR. they dont have any capable coders to add a non BTC-clone coin, only pimps.
donotsow

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

fully anonymous will attract criminals
Do not call the police pretty pls!
Wikstr80

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:43:44 PM

fully anonymous will attract criminals
Do not call the police pretty pls!

I think that "fully anonymous" is advantage of cryptocurrencies. Yes, "fully anonymous" attract criminals, but the value is growing because of that.  I think that "fully anonymous" is a core advantage for coins... a lot of people want to hide their transactions.... Cryptocurrency has no chance without it.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:53:30 PM

When will people learn that privacy doesn't attract criminals?
The criminals are already out there, they will do the bad things no matter if they have privacy or not.
Privacy is a human right and if we would have more privacy I believe the world would be a better place.

Wikstr80

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:06:47 PM

The criminals are already out there, they will do the bad things no matter if they have privacy or not.
Privacy is a human right and if we would have more privacy I believe the world would be a better place.

Yes, but altcoins are grest opportunity for criminals to hide their operations(in compare with fiat money)...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

lol i think you can trust all the same. no exchange wil try to scam you since that would be just bad advertisement. No lock that cant be broken exist on Earth, so all exchanges can also be hacked. But if you wil think only of this you will not get nowhere. Just pick exchange, and buy. put on your wallet and forget about it for a year or 2.

BTW, i never saw on Poloniex anywhere close to 500 BTC offered to buy XMR as are now. 200 BTC was for over 0.0039.

Ok, i think that I will use Poloniex and hitbtc. Do you happen to know any exchanges with better terms than Poloniex and hitbtc?

In Monero main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0 in OP  you have listed all 9 Exchanges Monero is traded on. I remember Bter added you some % if you deposit XMR there, so it covered withdraw fee. You can check all 9 exchanges for what are fees, but i think are quite similar.
dreamspark

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:38:47 PM

Yes, but altcoins are grest opportunity for criminals to hide their operations(in compare with fiat money)...

Do you realise that altcoins are one of the worst opportunities for criminals to hide their operations.

I cba to explain but I'll start with;

Terrible Liquidity
Insane Volatility
Incredibly Manipulated
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: