Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bitcoinsfreak.com] Monthly lottery  (Read 907 times)
Darkster (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:34:38 PM

Hi all,

I'm working on a Bitcoin related project bitcoinsfreak.com, first two things I have online is a donation page for a Dutch foundation that researches childhood cancers and second is a Bitcoin lottery, a little different then the ones around.

The lottery pays out every month and is based on Bitcoin addresses but the lottery specifies the addresses (30 addresses) and the player/user can send coins to one of these addresses, once the period (a month) ends all coins that are received will be send to the people that deposited coins to the winning address.

Well I would like to know if there are people in for such a lottery as you can win but also loose.
I would suggest to use small amounts and send to multiple addresses.

Please let me know what you guys think, does it totally suck or would you be in for this?

The url is here:
http://www.bitcoinsfreak.com/lottery.php

The site is just new and being build so it all looks quite basic but good design doesn't always say good stuff Tongue
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:52:36 PM

So if I'm the only one that deposits I win my own money back?
Darkster (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:22:49 PM

If there's one deposit only and it's on the winning address yes. If not then it will move on to the next round.

But I think I allready have a little problem, did too much blockchain.info requests, so the server IP got banned - whoops.
Darkster (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:26:25 AM

The lottery has started it's first round http://www.bitcoinsfreak.com/lottery.php with an additional 5BTC jackpot!
LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:27:48 AM

Is this fair? how is the winner determined. Seems easily scammable...
DolanDuck

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:32:30 AM

Lottery is always welcome but can you give proof that it is provably fair?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
allcool

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 10:35:08 AM

I will test with small amount!
Darkster (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

The winning address is known by only one person (wo is not me), he has it on an A4 paper in a closed envelope, more proof there isn't. I can share a photo of the paper after each round.
LiteCoinUser84

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:48:21 AM

sounds legit.  Roll Eyes
pavlin99th

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:05:35 PM

There are 3 topics here:
  • rules - what if everyone just sends a minimal amount to each of 30 addresses. They will simply split the jackpot, the lottery becomes a giveaway.
  • provably fair - photo is not a proof. Randomly select a winning address right now and post here the hash sha256(address||secret), when the round ends post the secret.
  • trust - this one is difficult...

I also was trying (kind of experiment) to host a lottery. Rules and provably fair were not a problem.
But the trust... Yes, there could have been winners and losers, but even with +EV (because of 'jackpot') there were not many participants.
Maybe the big prize can solve trust concerns, I can't yet afford 5 BTC giveaway.  Smiley

Here we have a clear win scenario. Doesn't matter which address will win.
But for those who want to test their luck just post the hash as a fairness proof.
Then we'll see how trust and 5 BTC correlate.

Good luck!  Smiley
allcool

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 09:58:25 AM

The winning address is known by only one person (wo is not me), he has it on an A4 paper in a closed envelope, more proof there isn't. I can share a photo of the paper after each round.

I like this type of proof! Smiley
pavlin99th

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 07:42:23 PM

And where is the promised photo?  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: