Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero or Bytecoin?  (Read 15475 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

The difference between most open source software and altcoins is that when open source software is forked, the fork retains everything that the original had. Take OpenOffice and LibreOffice for example. An OpenOffice user had nothing to lose by switching to LibreOffice. Therefore the community benefits and everyone wins. When a coin is forked, everything is retained EXCEPT the original blockchain. When this blockchain dies, so do the investments of an entire community who believed in the old coin's success. If I were a Bytecoin investor, it would be in my best interests to see Monero die. If I were a Monero investor, the opposite would be true. If either coin becomes dominant over the other, the community wouldn't win. Rather, one community would win at the expense of the other.

This only means that the barrier to getting community support for a fork is higher, and when the community does support the fork, that is a stronger vote of "no confidence" in the original developer.

Anyone can fork anything, but no one can force the community to support the fork. That is up to the community.

ZoeJane

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:23:30 PM

Bytecoin could have capitalized on its position as the first cryptonote coin and maintained a leadership position, but they blew it. They have no one to blame but themselves.
If they did, so why they are still alive? Why people still use the Bytecoin? Why people trust BCN devs? I'm pretty sure that you have no answer for this question.
jokudaman

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

when the community does support the fork, that is a stronger vote of "no confidence" in the original developer.
According to your words, Bytecoin is one of powerfull fork here, on the altcoin subforum.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

Bytecoin has a 82% premine by a couple individuals.

Nuff said, hell even Dogecoin, is better than Bytecoin by far.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 03:53:54 PM

when the community does support the fork, that is a stronger vote of "no confidence" in the original developer.
According to your words, Bytecoin is one of powerfull fork here, on the altcoin subforum.

In case you havent notice Bytecoin has almost 0 community. Half of the posters about bytecoin are paid accounts. And most comments on bytecoin thread are from people that support Monero including me. Volume is close to 0. Hell even duckcoin has bigger volume...

WaxMan

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:56:42 PM

Even a poll-parrot spits a way more different phrases than you.
jokudaman

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:02:36 PM

In case you havent notice Bytecoin has almost 0 community. Half of the posters about bytecoin are paid accounts. And most comments on bytecoin thread are from people that support Monero including me. Volume is close to 0. Hell even duckcoin has bigger volume...

Are you sure?
I thought that this is the best proof of our community. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667954.0
Even I have sended a contribution.
LAstar

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:10:47 PM

Are you sure?
I thought that this is the best proof of our community. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667954.0
Ignore them. They are kinda blind. They learned couple of sentences and that's it. Don't waste your time - spend it with your family and friend. And keep being a BCN user. Because it's absolutely profitable
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:11:41 PM

Even a poll-parrot spits a way more different phrases than you.

But thats exactly the reason why unfortunately Bytecoin fails. Nothing more. Maybe the lack of communication from devs too. But thats all someone needs to know in order not to invest in Bytecoin...

Are you sure?

Is your post even serious? 15m Bytecoins is like nothing compared with 150b coins mined with 0 effort. Devs hold many many billions. And thats like 9 bitcoins if it doesnt lower the price with such small volume.
AtomicDoge

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:22:22 PM

Are you sure?

I did too! Twice!
I also have a question: If one does not like Bytecoinso much , why won't he stop spending time on Bytecoin forums?
werrindor

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:31:31 PM

I also have a question: If one does not like Bytecoinso much , why won't he stop spending time on Bytecoin forums?

well, they wanna know how №1 altcoin is doing. I checked monero thread couple times - saw nothing worth my attention.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:40:59 PM

I did too! Twice!

[/quote]

One checks most threads in order to decide what is good or bad. Then he makes his choices. He doesnt rely on only 1 thread you see.

Oh and personally i havent posted in bytecoins thread for more than a month now since its not relevant any more...
tjkurtisss

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:42:00 PM

Ignore them. They are kinda blind. They learned couple of sentences and that's it. Don't waste your time - spend it with your family and friend. And keep being a BCN user. Because it's absolutely profitable

No, nobody is blind here... What you see is pure marketing in action. Hope nobody gets it too seriously.

Donations welcome: 6d36246a-fc42-493f-afef-46936974c2bf
loews

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:12:13 AM

Monero = fair launch, veteran team making great progress, current #1 anon crypto (besides the hyped out Bitcoin fork known as DRK)
Bytecoin = shitty secret launch on deep web, lucky to implement cryptonote before anyone else, horrible optimization of the software (I was not able to use the software or mine until MRO team optimized it).
QCN = direct clone of the MRO code, im not sure if the devs can come up with decent stuff or they will keep forking MRO
FCN = seems like another fork but at least they are contributing with novelty stuff like merge mining, so if QCN went up FCN will go up for sure. It's on my radar.

Also, notice how people that want to do a cryptonote coin, will be forking MRO and not BCN.

Make your own decisions.

and after 3 years still remains the best answer
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:59:36 PM

Monero = fair launch, veteran team making great progress, current #1 anon crypto (besides the hyped out Bitcoin fork known as DRK)
Bytecoin = shitty secret launch on deep web, lucky to implement cryptonote before anyone else, horrible optimization of the software (I was not able to use the software or mine until MRO team optimized it).
QCN = direct clone of the MRO code, im not sure if the devs can come up with decent stuff or they will keep forking MRO
FCN = seems like another fork but at least they are contributing with novelty stuff like merge mining, so if QCN went up FCN will go up for sure. It's on my radar.

Also, notice how people that want to do a cryptonote coin, will be forking MRO and not BCN.

Make your own decisions.

Yea but people seem to forget. 3 years later and the true crypto-currency Monero still isn't rising above all the others. It all started with the idea of creating an internet currency that is anonymous, now we have everything from company shares to assets, commodity-based coins, smart contracts, etc. All of that seems fine but the original purpose is clearly achieved by Monero and also by ZEC, ZCL, ZEN as well.
David Horton

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:24:42 PM

I like bytecoin
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:27:34 PM

Make your own decisions.

Yea but people seem to forget. 3 years later and the true crypto-currency Monero still isn't rising above all the others. It all started with the idea of creating an internet currency that is anonymous, now we have everything from company shares to assets, commodity-based coins, smart contracts, etc. All of that seems fine but the original purpose is clearly achieved by Monero and also by ZEC, ZCL, ZEN as well.

Trusted setup (like the 'Z-coins' need) is in total contradiction to the original idea, an abomination...

And bytecoin is a well proven scam... FFS, doesn't anybody do the smallest research anymore: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:24:00 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 03:20:26 AM by tittensor

I will choose the BCN because the community is very large and it is not owned by any company. The value of bcn is increasing day by day. Look forward to a bright future with bcn with cryptonote technology!

Edit: This is a Joke Grin! I very hate BCN because it is a big scam coin - One of the most inflationary currencies in Cryptonight, I choose XMR because it very fair and really project  Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:57:24 PM

I will choose the bcn because the community is very large and it is not owned by any company. The value of bcn is increasing day by day. Look forward to a bright future with bcn with cryptonote technology: D

You are buying into a scamcoin then.  The only reason BCN is worth so much (market cap) right now is, similarly to Ripple there are billions of BCN so if they rise a little the market cap goes berserk.

There are 184.47 billion BCN KNOWN ABOUT.  But there is a flaw discovered (and fixed in XMR code) by the monero team that would allow an exploit that would allow for coins to be created out of thin air.  Therefore there could literally be trillions of bytecoins currently and there is no real way to know.

You might luck out and get on a rocket, and off in time.  But you should at least know that this rocket is FOR SURE headed back to the earth and is going to crash hard hard hard.

Monero is a real, honest project.
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:30:43 PM

I will choose the bcn because the community is very large and it is not owned by any company. The value of bcn is increasing day by day. Look forward to a bright future with bcn with cryptonote technology: D

You are buying into a scamcoin then.  The only reason BCN is worth so much (market cap) right now is, similarly to Ripple there are billions of BCN so if they rise a little the market cap goes berserk.

There are 184.47 billion BCN KNOWN ABOUT.  But there is a flaw discovered (and fixed in XMR code) by the monero team that would allow an exploit that would allow for coins to be created out of thin air.  Therefore there could literally be trillions of bytecoins currently and there is no real way to know.

You might luck out and get on a rocket, and off in time.  But you should at least know that this rocket is FOR SURE headed back to the earth and is going to crash hard hard hard.

Monero is a real, honest project.
He's an obvious troll. No one can be that stupid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: