Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero or Bytecoin?  (Read 15475 times)
presidentcoin (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:55:15 PM

ByteCoin is the first Coin with this System and Monero a Fork.

It is interesting that Monero has a better exchange Value than ByteCoin

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:59:31 PM

Monero = 0% Premine

ByteCoin = 80% Premine

which coin you choose is of course your desicion.
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

Quazarcoin (QCN)
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

Monero = 0% Premine

ByteCoin = 80% Premine

And how you know that this Coin has a Premine I haven't found anything

ifightformerkel
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:12:58 PM

Monero = 0% Premine

ByteCoin = 80% Premine

And how you know that this Coin has a Premine I haven't found anything

are you serious? or just trolling

go to google

80% Premine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:15:16 PM

Quazarcoin (QCN)

A coin from a scammer who tried to relaunch Monero with the same name lol
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:43:39 PM

Quazarcoin (QCN)

For me Quazarcoin don't look like a Scam

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:53:10 PM

Quazarcoin (QCN)

Did you even read what i said?
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:59:11 PM

Quazarcoin (QCN)

Did you even read what i said?

Yes,  Shit Happens

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:13:06 PM

Monero = fair launch, veteran team making great progress, current #1 anon crypto (besides the hyped out Bitcoin fork known as DRK)
Bytecoin = shitty secret launch on deep web, lucky to implement cryptonote before anyone else, horrible optimization of the software (I was not able to use the software or mine until MRO team optimized it).
QCN = direct clone of the MRO code, im not sure if the devs can come up with decent stuff or they will keep forking MRO
FCN = seems like another fork but at least they are contributing with novelty stuff like merge mining, so if QCN went up FCN will go up for sure. It's on my radar.

Also, notice how people that want to do a cryptonote coin, will be forking MRO and not BCN.

Make your own decisions.

ifightformerkel
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:14:24 PM

Monero = fair launch, veteran team making great progress, current #1 anon crypto (besides the hyped out Bitcoin fork known as DRK)
Bytecoin = shitty secret launch on deep web, lucky to implement cryptonote before anyone else, horrible optimization of the software (I was not able to use the software or mine until MRO team optimized it).
QCN = direct clone of the MRO code
FCN = seems like another fork but at least they are contributing with novelty stuff like merge mining, so if QCN went up FCN will go up for sure. It's on my radar.

Make your own decisions.

cant say it better, btw. atm was a 80 btc dump on poloniex @ monero, but the price go never under 0.005 and is now still rising, its crazy.
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:19:40 PM

Make your own decisions.

If you browse the SoureCode of Menoro and QCN you can see that the Code is different in some ways, but you can also see that QCN is based on Monero

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

Make your own decisions.

cant say it better, btw. atm was a 80 8 btc dump on poloniex @ monero, but the price go never under 0.005 and is now still rising, its crazy.

FTFU
ifightformerkel
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:30:32 PM

Make your own decisions.

cant say it better, btw. atm was a 80 8 btc dump on poloniex @ monero, but the price go never under 0.005 and is now still rising, its crazy.

FTFU

lol look @ poloniex there was a 80 BTC dump
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:09:21 PM

All these chains are forks of Bytecoin (BCN) (not to mix up with the unfortunate Bitcoin clone also called Bytecoin (BTE). They are written from ground up and stand outside the many Bitcoin based clones by also employing CryptoNote technology, using "Ring Signatures" to anonymize transactions. The POW mining algorythm called "CryptoNight" is also unique and made GPU and ASIC resistant to mine exclusively on CPUs.
https://cryptonote.org/

Monero (MRO)
     = Fair launch, no pre or instamine, dedicated dev group of 3-4 core devs still have to come up with substantial improvements over Bytecoin code base, most anonymous crypto solution out there (besides the hyped out Litecoin fork known as DRK which is basically CoinJoin and relies on trust of a few "coin mixers" called Master Nodes), flatter emission schedule then Bytecoin (3 years for the first 50% of QCN will be created), 1 min block time
http://www.monero.cc/

Bytecoin (BCN)    = Secret launch on deep web (devs stated that Bytecoin was launched 2 years ago) with corresponding premine of 82% of all Bytecoins that will ever be, possibly linked to the mysterious CICADA group (no joke;), first implementation of the cryptonote technology, possibly deliberately slow miner binaries after launch to limit solo miner's success thus further increasing, 2 min block time
https://bytecoin.org/old/index.html (worth a visit Wink
https://bytecoin.org/

Quazarcoin (QCN) = clone of the MRO code, im not sure if the devs can come up with decent stuff or they will keep forking MRO, irregularities during and before launch (someone supposedly had discovered the devs github repository and began mining before even the dev had started QCn thus increasing difficulty by a large resulting in premine, etc.), emission schedule quite flat (6 years for the first 50% of QCN to be created), 2 min block time

Fantomcoin (FCN)
= seems like another fork but at least they are contributing with novelty stuff like merge mining, so if QCN went up FCN will go up for sure. It's on my radar,  emission schedule quite flat (6 years for the first 50% of QCN to be created), 1 min block time.

Boolberry (BBR) = formerly known as Honnypenny

Make your own decisions.

@ giveBTCpls: I took the liberty to edit your list with what I can contribute. Cheers
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:19:26 PM

All these chains are forks of Bytecoin (BCN) (not to mix up with the unfortunate Bitcoin clone also called Bytecoin (BTE). They are written from ground up and stand outside the many Bitcoin based clones by also employing CryptoNote technology, using "Ring Signatures" to anonymize transactions. The POW mining algorythm called "CryptoNight" is also unique and made GPU and ASIC resistant to mine exclusively on CPUs.
https://cryptonote.org/

Monero (MRO)
    = Fair launch, no pre or instamine, dedicated dev group of 3-4 core devs still have to come up with substantial improvements over Bytecoin code base, most anonymous crypto solution out there (besides the hyped out Litecoin fork known as DRK which is basically CoinJoin and relies on trust of a few "coin mixers" called Master Nodes), flatter emission schedule then Bytecoin (3 years for the first 50% of QCN will be created), 1 min block time
http://www.monero.cc/

Bytecoin (BCN)    = Secret launch on deep web (devs stated that Bytecoin was launched 2 years ago) with corresponding premine of 82% of all Bytecoins that will ever be, possibly linked to the mysterious CICADA group (no joke;), first implementation of the cryptonote technology, possibly deliberately slow miner binaries after launch to limit solo miner's success thus further increasing, 2 min block time
https://bytecoin.org/old/index.html (worth a visit Wink
https://bytecoin.org/

Quazarcoin (QCN) = clone of the MRO code, im not sure if the devs can come up with decent stuff or they will keep forking MRO, irregularities during and before launch (someone supposedly had discovered the devs github repository and began mining before even the dev had started QCn thus increasing difficulty by a large resulting in premine, etc.), emission schedule quite flat (6 years for the first 50% of QCN to be created), 2 min block time

Fantomcoin (FCN)
= seems like another fork but at least they are contributing with novelty stuff like merge mining, so if QCN went up FCN will go up for sure. It's on my radar,  emission schedule quite flat (6 years for the first 50% of QCN to be created), 1 min block time.

Boolberry (BBR) = formerly known as Honnypenny

Make your own decisions.

@ giveBTCpls: I took the liberty to edit your list with what I can contribute. Cheers
I don't even think, that BCN started before 2014. The website looked like that in november 2013:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131113093900/http://bytecoin.org/

and suddenly in February they claim an announcement of 2012:
http://web.archive.org/web/20140225123108/http://bytecoin.org

simply impudence! Do they think, we are stupid? And even if there was another url before. Where is it?
c18machine

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:29:04 PM

unleash monero fans!!!
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:33:07 PM

Bytecoin was released in 2012..it isn't meant for the general population, we would gladly let Monero be the "#1 anonymous" coin, since Bytecoin was/is originally meant for a small selection of users. Yes it was "premined" if you call it that by a few individuals, above 85% actually.
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:41:12 PM

No more FUD--Let's get the facts straight in large red lettering too

First you all need to read: http://bytecoiner.org/about.php
This is a BCN community website that has all of the information you need to know in one place.  This info used to be scattered everywhere, but now it is nicely consolidated on this website--this is not fabricated.

BCN was not premined.  It was released on July 4, 2012.  Opponents argue that the release wasn't "public enough", and thus conclude the coin was "premined".  Better call Bitcoin premined too, then!  The developers of BCN actually worked with CryptoNote on the CryptoNight algorithm and BCN formed from there.  Read the information from that link and see for yourself.

Monero is basically the taco shop version of BCN, IMO.  The logo and name give the impression of a dollar store and the developers don't seem as passionate as the original creators of the tech (and rightfully so).  The Monero devs are very quick to protect what is in their best financial interests, and that is obvious from their snarky comments scattered on reddit and this forum.  Users really need to make their own decision, and the market will reflect that.  Bytecoin has a much more favorable risk to reward ratio at the moment, and it is the original and most secure anonymous coin out there at the moment.  All the Shibes who blindly moved to DarkCoin will eventually stampede over themselves to the CryptoNote camp in the last two quarters of 2014.  If you are using an anonymous coin for its actual anonymous properties (and not just following hype or trying to make money) there is not a huge incentive for you to care that a lot of the coin has been mined already.  After all, bitcoin is over 60% mined!  If anything I would much rather support a coin like duckNote over Monero, because the name is hilarious rather than boring.  Marketability is not all about the specific name, but has to do with the atmosphere surrounding the coin and the coin's feel/emotional response.  Monero is no bueno.

BCN FTW

Hope that helps, GL.
Woot Manor

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

Crypt all the way man  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: