Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Dotsforbits]IPO->Closed, money will returned.  (Read 4682 times)
Bitventurer (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 250

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:54:54 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 08:27:11 PM by Bitventurer

The fund-raising is over.
Unfortunately the project did not got funded, all money will be returned to the people dooring the next week, so please put up sell orders at 15 NXT/share to get the money back , I will start buying them back after will receive the shares from the altcoin investors.

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitventurer (OP)

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:55:25 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 08:28:24 PM by Bitventurer

The fund-raising is over.
Unfortunately the project did not got funded, all money will be returned to the people dooring the next week, so please put up sell orders at 15 NXT/share to get the money back , I will start buying them back after will receive the shares from the altcoin investors.

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

reserved
oppahdoggystyle

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

Does your site offer brokerage services like sedo?
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:34:59 PM

Does your site offer brokerage services like sedo?
Yes:)
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:06:37 PM

Why are you even raising money? Why do you need it?
Is it to get rich or to improve anything?

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:11:32 PM

Why are you even raising money? Why do you need it?
Is it to get rich or to improve anything?

Why are we raising money? The business plan describes this in painstaking detail.
Opening up a domain market is far from free, all the math is in there for you to confirm Smiley

We are trying to improve the domainmarket trade, yes, current fees are ridiculously high and noone accept the major cryptocurrencies. With the growth of cryptos we see a huge untapped market here.

RCHumphrey

Activity: 470

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:27:05 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 01:17:56 PM by RCHumphrey

You say your business plan notes in painstaking detail but your business plan is shockingly incomplete.

I would be interested to know the background of the people founding the company. Also 25% equity is not going to cut the mustard for $250k... Valuing the company at $1m is just absurd as at the minute you have absolutely nothing... according to the report you haven't even developed any software etc...

It doesn't matter how well presented a business plan is, if the underlying figures are so negative.

You emphasise throughout the plan of your huge forecasted figures but these are not at all realistic... $300m in 2018. Come on really...

I would know this because I currently sell domains and I have a large portfolio as well as experience in this sector. Domains are very illiquid. You will not make $1m let alone $300m in my opinion.

Moderate my post at your will but these are the kind of thoughts any potential investor in your business are going to be coming up with.

The equity is not even remotely comparable to the risk.

How much cash have you founders put up yourselves in this project already? Financial proof of this?

So many points to be raised but these are just some of the main ones.

Best of luck with your project.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:58:24 PM

You say your business plan notes in painstaking detail but your business plan is shockingly incomplete.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by incomplete?
You mention some valid concerns in your post, but not really asking for much more details, so it's hard to know how to "complete it" to your satisfaction without further details.

I would be interested to know the background of the people founding the company. Also 25% equity is not going to cut the mustard for $250k... Valuing the company at $1m is just absurd as at the minute you have absolutely nothing... according to the report you haven't even developed any software etc...

Linkedin and NXT community involvement since it's inception should cover the first in terms of our crypto-involvement. We are all crypto-enthusiasts and all have been in the domain game for years, 2 professionally.

The valuation is based on several different factors, but I can understand your skepticism, so I'll do my best to shed some additional light on it:

Firstly we are getting funded entirely by cryptocurrencies, so as you probably know even if we raise the total amount it will still carry a big risk until we sell it through the exchanges. By then the value of either of these cryptos can have sunk significantly, so this risk is calculated into the sum we hope to raise. Pretty much every other IPO ever conducted has not had to worry about this, so it's a completely new element. But that comes with the territory of being innovative in a new and emergent market. A challenge which we accept.

Secondly, we are not just going to sell some domains. We are aiming to be a serious contender on the domain marketplace, parking and appraisal scene. Since you are already very familiar with the selling part I am a bit puzzled as to why you find it hard to believe that such a business will be worth 1 million dollars? Add parking and the appraisal business and the 1 million dollar evaluation suddenly don't seem to be a lot at all.

Thirdly, we are the absolute first serious company in this market that will accept all the major cryptocurrencies. This market alone is huge and continues to grow weekly. Having first mover advantage and branding/marketing here is a big deal.
This is also why it is so important to us to have a good and genuine relationship to the cryptocurrency scene. We donated NXT.org (bought for 15 000 dollars) and had it developed, just to help out the community. This sort of relationship is not something one can easily purchase. We have put months upon months into crypto activism.

Also regarding software, we do have software started and infact our appraisal tools are completely cutting edge and unlike anything in the domain game yet. It has been under development for years. But as you probably know, development and marketing cost money. Quite a lot of money. And as the numbers show: a significant sum of this will go directly to transfer-repository fees.

It doesn't matter how well presented a business plan is, if the underlying figures are so negative.

You emphasise throughout the plan of your huge forecasted figures but these are not at all realistic... $300m in 2018. Come on really...

I think you should go back and re-read the plan, the $300m number is only one of the variant projections.
We have a conservative one, realistic one and optimistic one.
Conservative for 2018: 7.9 million, realistic ~100million (if everything goes smooth and the domain market keeps growing at a steady rate, as experts and all available numbers suggest) and then 250 million or the optimistic one.

I would know this because I currently sell domains and I have a large portfolio as well as experience in this sector. Domains are very illiquid. You will not make $1m let alone $300m in my opinion.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, but please read the full business plan and see the actual numbers before latching onto one tidbit and try to denounce our entire efforts based on that out of context.

Moderate my post at your will but these are the kind of thoughts any potential investor in your business are going to be coming up with.

Would never ever moderate anyones post in any shape way or form. I am happy to answer all questions you might have and don't mind at all that you raise your valid concerns. It's good to settle them and hopefully provide you with satisfactory answers!

The equity is not event emotively comparable to the risk.

Even with the very conservative estimate people are looking at more than 40x ROI. Of course there is going to be risk, but nothing comparative to the risk of dealing with altcoins in the first place.
We are trying to build a serious business based around this and think everyone understands that there is inherent risk in any investment, but we are also confident that our business plans and answers will make it easy for people to make up their own minds.

How much cash have you founders put up yourselves in this project already? Financial proof of this?

Tens of thousands and hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work. Not sure what would satisfy you as financial proof.

Best of luck with your project.

Thanks! I hope you find my answers clarify some of your concerns.
Ask Ken About Love

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:09:06 PM

...One of us even went so far as to become the first person in the world to change their last name to .Com back in 2001!

Welp, not going to be needing DSM-5 for this one. 
RCHumphrey

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:21:39 PM

Thank you for your reply.

$250k funding still is a lot of investor risk for 25% equity in a non-operational business.

Domain businesses can be scaled up quickly.

Build the core business, then ask for seed funding would be my opinion when you have actual data and figures to back up your projections.

IF you were asking a reasonable amount of money to apply to become an official registrar and wanted to be the first crypto registrar then I'd be interested since I believe that is something lacking at the minute, however, your advantage in the market cannot only be based on being involved in the crypto community and being first-movers. That's not good enough in my opinion.
Bitventurer (OP)

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

...One of us even went so far as to become the first person in the world to change their last name to .Com back in 2001!

Back in the days the guy was pretty crazy...about domains. Smiley
Wouldn’t call a guy with this background a mental disordered ? !

Technological Leader - Emerging Solutions
Ness Technologies
April 2013 – Present (1 year 2 months)Tel Aviv, Israel

Big Data, digital media, mobile
Senior Software Engineer
Algorithmic trading firm
August 2012 – March 2013 (8 months)
CTO & Founder
Clerius
January 2011 – August 2012 (1 year 8 months)

.Net Developer
K Dictionaries Ltd.
March 2007 – December 2010 (3 years 10 months)

.Net Developer. developed almost from scratch the KXD shell which was introduced at the "eLexicography in the 21st century" conference in Belgium.
Alvarion
RT Software Engineer
Alvarion
August 2005 – November 2006 (1 year 4 months)

Specialized as a sole person in the Motorola C5 network processor at the heart of the BreezeMAX (a WiMAX platform), which was implemented as a bridge, switch and firewall. the job included working with Microcode and C. at the same time working on the management tool in C++ programming language under the WxWorks OS.
Layers 2(Ethernet) and 3(IP) involving 802.1q, 802.1p, CoS and QoS.
Comverse
RT Software Engineer
Comverse
June 2001 – June 2002 (1 year 1 month)

Moved with my team leader to the core gateway protocols team. worked on VxWorks OS. Development was in C, C++ programming languages. i implemented the entire WTP protocol (parallel to the TCP protocol from the TCP/IP model) from scratch.
Comverse
MFC Software Developer
Comverse
June 2000 – June 2001 (1 year 1 month)

MFC C++ software developer in a management tool.
included thinking and developing the product and
designing functionality while interfacing with SQL Server and Oracle databases. technologies used: OOD, OOP, win32 api, STL, design patterns and multi-threading.
Elint Team Leader
IDF, Intelligence Corps (8200)
November 1993 – November 1996 (3 years 1 month)

Any way thanks stopping by.. and have a good day!

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

Thank you for your reply.

$250k funding still is a lot of investor risk for 25% equity in a non-operational business.

Domain businesses can be scaled up quickly.

Build the core business, then ask for seed funding would be my opinion when you have actual data and figures to back up your projections.

IF you were asking a reasonable amount of money to apply to become an official registrar and wanted to be the first crypto registrar then I'd be interested since I believe that is something lacking at the minute, however, your advantage in the market cannot only be based on being involved in the crypto community and being first-movers. That's not good enough in my opinion.

Thanks, I forgot to mention one more crucial point:
These shares will be 100% tradable on the NXT DEX, so if any investor for some reason wants out, he can trade them there. So a significant portion of the risk is lowered by having that option too.

We are working hard on building the core business and have come a long way and decided to seek funding now to complete and make this a reality as soon as possible. But I respect your personal opinion.

We are going to apply to become a official registrar as soon as we start turning a nice profit. If this includes selling more shares, then so be it. We mention this in our business plan too. So we *do* plan on going all the way, but we have to take it in incremental steps. Gaping over too much at once is even more risk! Smiley

Hopefully you'll be a customer of ours in the future and the domain and crypto world keeps growing, which will be in both our interests Smiley
RCHumphrey

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:40:04 PM

There is no doubt a growing demand for domains. I'm just not as convinced as you are about quite how much Smiley The more people involved in this sector though the better.
Bitventurer (OP)

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:51:50 PM

There is no doubt a growing demand for domains. I'm just not as convinced as you are about quite how much Smiley The more people involved in this sector though the better.

Well that's the point! Smiley The New gLTDS are coming and there is a lot of money to be made. Also don't forget about the Chinese, Indian, African and Latin-American markets that are just now really starting to sprout. Couple these with the cryptocurrency growth and you have a recipe for a nice profit. These markets just need more exposure in order to educate the masses, we see our business as a Gateway to this sector

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:55:00 PM

Let's hope for both our sakes that we are right and you are wrong Cheesy
By the way, if you got some domains laying around that you don't have any big plans for, we have just launched a "Domains for Shares" promotion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623393.0
Ask Ken About Love

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:58:20 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 02:08:35 PM by Ask Ken About Love

I'm passionate about vintage audio gear.  Most don't find that exceedingly peculiar.
Changing my name to Triode Strapped Beam Pentode, OTOH, might raise a few eyebrows.

*Also, not sure how a career in software translates to flipping domains.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:22:48 PM

I'm passionate about vintage audio gear.  Most don't find that exceedingly peculiar.
Changing my name to Triode Strapped Beam Pentode, OTOH, might raise a few eyebrows.

*Also, not sure how a career in software translates to flipping domains.

He obviously did it as a gimmick! He goes by his previous name in real life still. You have to understand that this is something he did during the height of the dotcom bubble when "dot com" was as much of a buzzword in the media as Bitcoin is today.
I don't see how having a little fun equals to mental illness, but I'm pretty sure you were just joking anyway.

He changed his name to .Com ;P that should tell you enough about how serious he is about domains. He has also written a book that he is going to publish on the subject. His software expertise will help immensly with our business and he has been working on a appraisal tool (has a lot of other useful functions too) that already blows all our competitors out of the water for years.

So anyway: back to topic
mikaeldice

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:28:04 PM

What, specifically, do you plan to spend our money on?

You mentioned building this yourselves, as part of the 75% ownership stake you deserve, so I don't see much in the way of development costs.  This is a lot of money to spend on servers.. and you don't have a product to show us yet.  Are you planning on using the money to pay yourselves while you develop the project?  Spending it on advertising?  Speculating on domains?
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

What, specifically, do you plan to spend our money on?

Hello!
Development, marketing and initial day to day operational costs of course.

You mentioned building this yourselves, as part of the 75% ownership stake you deserve, so I don't see much in the way of development costs.  This is a lot of money to spend on servers.. and you don't have a product to show us yet.  Are you planning on using the money to pay yourselves while you develop the project?  Spending it on advertising?  Speculating on domains?

Yes, we are building it ourselves, but we also hire in people to the tasks we are not professionals at.
 In the first months of operations we will have a 7 man staff that will obviously need wages.
Servers are just a tiny part of the costs. Design, branding and marketing is where the big costs come in. We are very confident in our product, but for the product to be used it needs aggressive marketing.

We do have a lot of this product done already, but it's codes. Do you read codes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: