Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 09:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [www.groupbitcoin.com] Mining Hardware Colocation in the UK.  (Read 5546 times)
Group Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Cloud Mining & Colocation

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:37:32 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 05:04:38 PM by Group Bitcoin

Dear Bitcoin community,

We just opened our new mine yesterday on Bitcoin pizza day.

We've been going a while since October 2013 with over 252u’s of rack space we have the largest dedicated mining facility in the UK we allow customers to come and visit us. From only £25 per ‘u’ per month it’s also great value, electricity at cost price 18p per Kwh (the UK average). High power density (96 amps at 230v per cabinet) which is needed for mining hardware and generally isn’t available elsewhere, raised access floor, contained cold aisle with powerful cooling and 24/7 security systems. Extensive internal physical barriers, man trap, CCTV and 24/7 remotely monitored alarms, Perimeter fencing monitored by a security company which is locked at night. Backup internet connections and cat5e cabling which we make ourselves for each cabinet it’s a pain but necessary!

Our current introductory offer is £25 per ‘u’ per month pre paid for 6 months.

Hope you think it looks cool miners support the whole system, happy mining everyone.

www.groupbitcoin.com

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:11:01 PM

Just so its clear for my addled old brain. Smiley

Could you give an idea how much it would cost to host a Spondoolies-tech SP10?

Thats: 1.25U @ 1350W

Including all relevant taxes etc.

Thanks

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 12:31:47 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 03:50:22 PM by Group Bitcoin

Thanks

Hello There,

1.25u we could do for £25 per month for the rack space, covers cooling, internet and general costs.

The Electricity is 18p per Kwh the UK average. This would work out to £5.83 per day, £177.32 per month.

These prices would be pre paid for 6 months.

Regards,

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:29:37 PM

Thanks

Hello There,

1.25u we could do for £25 per month for the rack space, covers cooling, internet and general costs.

The Electricity is 18p per Kwh the UK average. This would work out to £5.83 per day, £177.32 per month.

These prices would be pre paid for 6 months.

Regards,

Oof! nearly $300 pcm

You should be able to get better electric rates than that, you can get 9.96p per Kwh from Opus

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
sid7039

Activity: 221

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:28:57 PM

Please do not buy anything from 'cryptocompanies' that do not offer payments in cryptocurrencies.
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Please do not buy anything from 'cryptocompanies' that do not offer payments in cryptocurrencies.

That isn't the case. We use Bitpay. We accept Bitcoin... Possibly posted on the wrong topic ?

rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:03:49 PM

so if i were to buy gh grom you in the form of cloud mining would all the btc produced by that gh come to me or would fees be taken out of it?
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

so if i were to buy gh grom you in the form of cloud mining would all the btc produced by that gh come to me or would fees be taken out of it?

Full details of the Cloud Mining - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641168.msg7157532#msg7157532

sid7039

Activity: 221

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:58:54 PM

That isn't the case. We use Bitpay. We accept Bitcoin... Possibly posted on the wrong topic ?

Possibly I didn't notice that. I'm terribly SORRY! It's my (awful) mistake.
Best!
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:55:14 AM

Full details of the Cloud Mining - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641168.msg7157532#msg7157532

ok, so after i pay more for mining than at other places you then take some more out every month to pay a totally bogus electricity price but other obscure prices also?? i will pass
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 12:10:14 PM

ok, so after i pay more for mining than at other places you then take some more out every month to pay a totally bogus electricity price but other obscure prices also?? i will pass

'obscure'.... £0.18 per Kwh (The UK average) + £25 per U per month total cost is incredibly cheap hosting in the UK and far cheaper compared with similar Data center colocation deals.

I can say with complete and utter certainty if some 'Other Place'? is charging less than £1.67 per GH/s at the moment 08/06/14 with no running costs or further costs ever being deducted for a cloud mining service to run hardware indefinitely they are not running hardware. This is not opinion it's fact.

I would suggest researching things before posting sweeping statements on forums about a service and or market you clearly do not fully understand.

andi1

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:24:21 PM

Where abouts are you located?
DRK

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:52:21 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 09:31:36 AM by DRK

agreed I would be interested to come visit. There are quite a few red flags on the site...

I am 99.9% sure this is a scam.
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 10:50:50 AM

The Mine is in the UK near London the address is private for security but Pre paid Colocation customers can come and visit and members with over 1TH/s on cloud mining can too.

DRK

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:26:23 PM

Just to say I was asked by some members (including OP) about red flags.

Well firstly (1) the fact that you say you welcome visitors but don't give an address and now say ''near London'', that's not particularly transparent and is the first red flag when we've seen so many dodgy cloud mining scams. Frankly I would be willing to come visit to verify for the community as I'm sure would many people. In fact I'm in London on Saturday... It shouldn't be just for huge customers.

(2) In addition your affiliate scheme has ponzi elements to it. The % rates of the affiliate scheme are very good and in my honest opinion seem too high to be legitimate. A 5% margin in a cloud mining operation is a huge amount to lose to affiliates and either suggests the value you're providing for potential clients is not particularly competitive or alternatively that you're not legitimate. Additionally the fact that you offer effectively a 50% discount to affiliates on cloud mining i.e. spending affiliate money on products again has a lot in common with normal ponzi schemes.

(3) I checked out your company registration. The results given were as follows...

Name & Registered Office:
GB WORLD LTD
145-157 ST JOHN STREET
LONDON
ENGLAND
EC1V 4PW
Company No. 08826900

So it appears on first glance that you do have a legitimate address, but then I googled the address and came up with http://www.londonpresence.com/mail-forwarding/ and on their contact page it has the same address, which suggests your company is registered with a fake address. If you were a legitimate business then you would register at your own address surely? Indeed the same address has been used for illegitimate purposes in the past as can be seen here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18848

I'm not making any accusations but the more time I spend looking (briefly) at your company, the more sceptical I have become and the more flags appear.
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 07:11:44 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 02:10:08 PM by Group Bitcoin

Just to say I was asked by some members (including OP) about red flags.

Well firstly (1) the fact that you say you welcome visitors but don't give an address and now say ''near London'', that's not particularly transparent and is the first red flag when we've seen so many dodgy cloud mining scams. Frankly I would be willing to come visit to verify for the community as I'm sure would many people. In fact I'm in London on Saturday... It shouldn't be just for huge customers.

(2) In addition your affiliate scheme has ponzi elements to it. The % rates of the affiliate scheme are very good and in my honest opinion seem too high to be legitimate. A 5% margin in a cloud mining operation is a huge amount to lose to affiliates and either suggests the value you're providing for potential clients is not particularly competitive or alternatively that you're not legitimate. Additionally the fact that you offer effectively a 50% discount to affiliates on cloud mining i.e. spending affiliate money on products again has a lot in common with normal ponzi schemes.

(3) I checked out your company registration. The results given were as follows...

Name & Registered Office:
GB WORLD LTD
145-157 ST JOHN STREET
LONDON
ENGLAND
EC1V 4PW
Company No. 08826900

So it appears on first glance that you do have a legitimate address, but then I googled the address and came up with http://www.londonpresence.com/mail-forwarding/ and on their contact page it has the same address, which suggests your company is registered with a fake address. If you were a legitimate business then you would register at your own address surely? Indeed the same address has been used for illegitimate purposes in the past as can be seen here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18848

I'm not making any accusations but the more time I spend looking (briefly) at your company, the more sceptical I have become and the more flags appear.

Thanks for telling us what these 'red flags' are. Yes lots of Cloud Mining companies are fraudulent but If you take some time to research our business you can clearly see we're not.

Firstly we started last year, we have a few hundred happy customers in 68 countries that trust us with their investments, from their own hardware to cloud mining contracts. We would never let anyone anywhere near their hardware or our mine that wasn't directly involved, an existing loyal customer with 2 forms of government issued ID.

As I'm sure you know mining hardware is valuable, only allowing loyal customers to come and visit adds another level of security to our business as people are less likely to jeopardize their own interests.

Secondly almost every company involved in Bitcoin and the Internet for that matter offers some kind of affiliate program from cex.io to gambling sites this does not imply a Ponzi scheme by any means and this is the first time I've heard that. We would rather give customers the money we have to spend on things like Google Adwords. 5% is based upon average conversion rates from the equivalent advertising spend.

The formations company we used for our Ltd Company uses that address, you will see this address for hundreds of companies in the UK including Cloud Hashing.

We wouldn't use our mine address for the Ltd company as we want to keep the location of the mine private, as mentioned.

These red flags are a complete non issue in our opinion. Compared to companies with no pictures, no phone number, company details, terms of service and contracts that clearly don't cover the costs of the electricity alone for the duration of the contract.

Regards,

For more information please read our 'about' page - http://www.groupbitcoin.com/pages/about-us

DRK

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:30:51 AM

Well the community can make their mind up based on what I've posted but its a scam. I'm now 99.9% on that, which is a shame. You're PM to me saying that I'm not a well known member of the community holds no water. I'm just posting the cold hard facts. You might find some people stupid enough to piss their money down the drain but that won't be me. You haven't refuted any of the 3 points I've posted, the thought that I'd come to visit and "sabotage" your operations is frankly hilarious.
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:35:14 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 03:05:56 PM by Group Bitcoin

Well the community can make their mind up based on what I've posted but its a scam. I'm now 99.9% on that, which is a shame. You're PM to me saying that I'm not a well known member of the community holds no water. I'm just posting the cold hard facts. You might find some people stupid enough to piss their money down the drain but that won't be me. You haven't refuted any of the 3 points I've posted, the thought that I'd come to visit and "sabotage" your operations is frankly hilarious.

No, the thought that you'd come to visit and "sabotage" our operation may be hilarious to you, but to our customers it's not funny in the slightest.

This was our PM we sent you: ''Hello there,

I've replied in public as I don't want your concerns to be seen to be ignored. I don't consider these to be serious red flags.

Our business is legit, If you were a more important member on this forum I might consider letting you visit our mine as you're a junior member you could be anyone, a competitor for all we know.

Regards Justin,''

Seeing as you clearly can't understand the explanation in the above post clearly "refuting" your 3 points let me repeat myself.

1. We take security of our mine very seriously. (This is no joke to us). Think about is this way... if you had tens of thousands of pounds worth of mining equipment (some of which is not yours) would you let any stranger you met on a public forum come poking around?!? I THINK NOT! ...well you might be that stupid I do not know. Our customers trust us. Not you. Who are you? We don't know you so you are not invited. Deal with it. Security is one our top priorities and our customers respect us for that. If you believe us being concerned about security makes us a scam... welll... I don't even know what to say.

We have had numerous customers come and visit us and we welcome our customers with open arms every time.

2. "your affiliate scheme has ponzi elements to it" I beg you please expand on this random conclusion you seem to have picked out of thin air? How in the world does an affiliate scheme offering 5% compare in any way to a ponzi scheme? If you're as wise as you seem to believe you are you just labelled the whole affiliate marketing industry as one big scam? Well done.  And your throw away comment about "A 5% margin in a cloud mining operation is a huge amount to lose" just shows how much you know. How do you know how tight our margins are? Oh right you seem to know EVERYTHING.

3. That address is our registered company address. Our postal address. It is a virtual address. When setting up Group Bitcoin we did not have a business address and our formation company offered this option. Cloud Hashing use the same virtual office address (along with thousands of other businesses) does this make them a scam? We keep that address for mail forwarding purposes.

I am sorry if this response comes across as rude, but being called a scam when we have put in endless days, nights, weeks and months of hard tiresome work to bring a service to UK customers which did not exist before us is simply heartbreaking.

We understand the bitcoin industry is rife with scams left right and centre but we have tried our best to be as honest and transparent with everyone. You only have to look around to see why our customers trust us above our competitors. I mean you try and go visit PBmining even as a customer? Try and find pictures of their mine?

At the end of the day coming to the conclusion that we are a scam based on your points above is hilarious (in a non-funny way)

In reply to your big red addition to your previous post:

WE ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE A TROLL!

Who have we scammed? You're not a customer you have nothing to do with our service, what evidence are you basing your bold statement on? We've been going since last year with a few hundred happy customers worldwide and not a single bad review?

You Sir are a troll.

DRK

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:41:03 PM

I'll put money with a trusted escrow. If I come and you're legit the escrow has to spend my money on GHs from your company i.e. I become your customer and additionally I verify to the community with genuine photos. If you don't allow me to come, the result is obvious. Smiley Ball's in your court.
Group Bitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 12:45:19 PM

I'll put money with a trusted escrow. If I come and you're legit the escrow has to spend my money on GHs from your company i.e. I become your customer and additionally I verify to the community with genuine photos. If you don't allow me to come, the result is obvious. Smiley Ball's in your court.

This sounds like a fair and interesting deal. We will even cover the escrow fees  Wink Sending you a PM.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: