Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is that it for Darkcoin?  (Read 4477 times)
vn10vn (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

I just want to know. I saw this thing happening, and I went for it, its my first big trade, I put everything I had, my whole savings into. I bought it too late because I was scared. But it kept growing. I bought at .0269, it barely got any higher, then it started to drop. I feel like such a fool. I thought this was the answer to my prayers. I have a baby daughter and a wife. I blew it. Darkcoin f**ked me. I don't know what to do now, I'm still holding my coins. I feel I need to vomit.
 Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:44:32 PM

You should not put ALL your savings into Crypto. Only play with what you can afford to lose. This place is filled with noobs losing money getting lured by those huge pumps.

Always diversify your investments and DONT panic buy or sell, keep holding for now and sell as soon as your money is back
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:45:05 PM

I don't get it, it's down 10% what you paid and you're freaking out?

That said, you sound like you need to learn a lesson.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:48:27 PM

I just want to know. I saw this thing happening, and I went for it, its my first big trade, I put everything I had, my whole savings into. I bought it too late because I was scared. But it kept growing. I bought at .0269, it barely got any higher, then it started to drop. I feel like such a fool. I thought this was the answer to my prayers. I have a baby daughter and a wife. I blew it. Darkcoin f**ked me. I don't know what to do now, I'm still holding my coins. I feel I need to vomit.
 Sad

The 10% you lost is worth it, because of the lesson you learnt: never invest in something that jumped 10x up in a few days. Gravity is not only a law of physics, but also of economy. The best way to make money with crypto is to spend a lot of times doing research, and putting money in a coin you have good reason to think is undervalued.

PS. selling now, at least half of what you have, to limit your loss might be a wise decision.
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:49:39 PM

Sad

I bought litecoins for nearly 40$, but look at it now  Grin I am still holding, because I invest only money that I can afford to lose. That should be your lesson.
Goodl luck!
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:51:06 PM

Sad

I bought litecoins for nearly 40$, but look at it now  Grin I am still holding, because I invest only money that I can afford to lose. That should be your lesson.
Goodl luck!

I would've switched my ltc for dark when it started going up. There is not much innovation with litecoin, and now that asics have taken over that market, there won't be much change in the marketcap of ltc if you don't count the relation to btc price change in it.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:53:09 PM

The only people who can tell you that will be the very last to share the information. And buyers like you are what they're counting on.

Haven't you noticed the same script being played out on here over and over again?

New coin launches. Massive rise in value. Everyone talks about it dethroning BTC within in a few weeks. 'It's different this time.' 'New paradigm.' Coin flops. No one still holding the coin can wrap their head around it.

I've never put more than half a per cent of what I've put into BTC into any alt so far. You've only lost a small percentage. If you're not comfortable with it then you can sell now and live for another day with a lesson learnt.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:53:36 PM

nobody knows what to do, maybe it go up or it go down very hard this night (-50%)

i lost about 17 btc buying mazacoin at the peak.  Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:56:10 PM

nobody knows what to do, maybe it go up or it go down very hard this night (-50%)

i lost about 17 btc buying mazacoin at the peak.  Grin

Every time I look at Mazacoin's price I have a small chuckle. I bought in at 17000 Satoshis and sold at 290.
lynn_402

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:56:49 PM

I'm freaking out because it's not going back up, you know it, i know it. It's like they said, its just a pump and dump.
And I got taken. Yah I needed to learn this lesson like I need a hole in my head.
I put everything I had because I heard all the stories, because everyone said its the biggest steady rise since bitoin, a lot of people made a lot of money with this coin. But I lost. Hope you all enjoy taking the milk from my baby's bottle, I'm finished with this.

I wanted to get in and get out and put it back in bitcoin. but then it dropped and i waited, and it dropped more, and i still waited. Im still waiting, i cant accept this. i dont want to sell it. i dont know what to do, if I can get .0269 for it, at least i can break even. i cant afford a loss like this.

Investing money that you need for day-to-day living is never a good idea. You should walk away with your 10% loss, or your gambler attitude will stress you out to no end which will make you lose a lot more.

Investing can only be done wisely if you have cold-blood, a well-informed head and not too much at stake.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:56:55 PM

Hope you all enjoy taking the milk from my baby's bottle, I'm finished with this.

lol are you serious?  Roll Eyes
your argumentation is pathetic

i hope you lose a lot of btc this night.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:57:11 PM

I'm freaking out because it's not going back up, you know it, i know it. It's like they said, its just a pump and dump.
And I got taken. Yah I needed to learn this lesson like I need a hole in my head.
I put everything I had because I heard all the stories, because everyone said its the biggest steady rise since bitoin, a lot of people made a lot of money with this coin. But I lost. Hope you all enjoy taking the milk from my baby's bottle, I'm finished with this.

I wanted to get in and get out and put it back in bitcoin. but then it dropped and i waited, and it dropped more, and i still waited. Im still waiting, i cant accept this. i dont want to sell it. i dont know what to do, if I can get .0269 for it, at least i can break even. i cant afford a loss like this.

You're only down 10% or so. That sucks but it's hardly the end of the world.
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

nah its full of people like that, from the sounds of the texting its not american based neither, they beg, fud, yell, troll, eventually leave., just got scammed 0.3 BTC by some of them trolls, if ANY one is SO stupid to put 1  $ in crypto that he can't afford to loose hes dumber then it looks, this is not a klondike road, this place if filled with scammer, then theres the china FPGA X11 sham going around, then the pumpers, the dumpers, the fud ers, the players, the fu...ers, and well the shit coins...

if you have a baby and spent all of your money in this you SHOULD go to jail for child neglect.

now get the fu... away and get a job to get back what you just played in russian roulette

oh and a reall laugh at "if i can get back the .0269 ill break even.." you know thats like "14.19" USD ? give me your btc wallet ill send you a 20$ to go away

lynn_402

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:01:14 PM

Hope you all enjoy taking the milk from my baby's bottle, I'm finished with this.

lol are you serious?  Roll Eyes
your argumentation is pathetic

i hope you lose a lot of btc this night.

He's the one who willingly gambled away his "baby's milk"; the people who sold him their Darkcoins obviously have nothing to feel bad about.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:03:13 PM

You've put your entire life savings at the top of a pump on a coin that is based around closed source shenanigans? I would never do that, but if wanted to bet I would have put it on MRO which is based on solid tech, and has more room for growth. In any case, bad, bad idea to buy during an insane pump, the hype always dies down. Honestly, I have no idea what I would do, probably cash out as soon as possible. Dude you are nuts to let yourself go with the hype like that, even if it goes up again, it's just stupid. Independently of Darkcoin being a shitcoin or not, it's not the developer's fault you did the stupid move of risking your money like that.

lynn_402

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:06:34 PM

my argument is pathetic for those people who dont have a heart ifightformerkel.
i have a feeling you dont know what it feels like to have ppl depending on you.

i just want to know....is it going up again or is that it. Evan Duffield, what did you do to me? Is this how crypto decentralizes and equalizes wealth?
I dont think so! i barely had any savings, and now i have so much less!

Cryptocurrencies do not equalize wealth, they make wealth distribution more fair because they are not at the mercy of the governments whims, and their value are based solely on the logic of the free-market and the perceptions that its users have of its value.

You should assume responsibility for your actions; there are no sure and safe way to make a lot of money. Next time, do realize that losses are as likely as wins.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:08:54 PM

Dude, DRK is a bitcoin fork with a couple gimmicks, wise up. Bitcoin devs could copy and integrate everything that evan can come up for, on the other hand they can never copy cryptonote technology. Just look at things with perspective. Up or down, you are taking big risks with BTC, let alone an alt.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:12:14 PM

i'm surprised there isn't a bitcoin address at the end of your post

at least this shit could be closed...
lynn_402

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:13:13 PM

I meant .0269 btc rate that i bought all that darkcoin at. not 14 usd. its my fault i wasted the money. im not blaming anyone, im just upset. the only reason YOU would get belligerent is if you're a cold hearted pr**k who loves to kick someone when they're down.

but i have to tell you something, there is no warning about this. i read a lot. i researched. and what i read was how bitcoin went from $13 to $1200 in 11 months. I thought darkcoin was the next bitcoin. everyone was saying how its features go beyond and surpass bitcoin. i thought this was it. the 2nd coming of btc.

and if you think i actually would neglect my baby, you're crazy. i would sell my arm and my leg before i let my baby get hungry. some people spend too much time on the internet and become completely desensitized to reality. i think a few of you need to get out of the house more.

You said it: in 11 months, not one week Smiley
If you truly believe that Darkcoin is superior, you should not give up now; cash out in a few months.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:15:18 PM

The price is only down 10% in terms of BTC, compared to what you buy for - this leaves you with a choice, realize your loss (10%) or hold the altcoins.
I you prediction is that altcoin will go over 0.0269 within the timeframe you have in mind then should you hold, else sell.

Keep in mind that bitcoin has gone up more than 10% over the last 2 days, which in reality leaves you with a profit in terms of dollars (why sad about that?)

You cannot expect all altcoins to always goes up, there is also a tendency that the altmarked drop when bitcoin jumps, that is logical, since some want to cashout and take advantage of the high dollar price.

Another free advice: If you are investing (in anything, stock, metal, crypto), never put all the eggs in one basket, spread out the investment. E.g 50% BTC, 20% Altcoin1, 20% Altcoin2, 10% Altcoin3.
If you but everyting in altcoin, then are you more gamling than investing, you might as well roll satoshi's dice.

I read once here at the forum (i don't remember who wrote it): "always keep one bitcoin safe and never use it".
Personally I like that advice a lot Smiley

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: